DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.0

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

6 Phone interviews, one in person interview. They talked, I listened. I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • None. They care about experience instead of consulting process or business acumen.   Answer Question
    Simple, over the phone.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

The interview process was pretty simple. A phone screen and then an in person interview. The phone screen basically went over the job description and how you could fulfill those duties. The in person, was also geared towards your abilities to work within the role.

Director of Sustainability Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in April 2013.

I applied online for the position. Their system is good in that it ingests your resume from your Linked In profile. Within a week I received an email from someone in their HR department. She stated that, " We have reviewed your qualifications for the role and would like schedule a time for you to chat with you briefly by phone."

I was encouraged as part of the resume submission process required me to answer my desired salary expectation.

At the appointed hour, I had a pleasant discussion with the HR representative. At the end of the call she asked me my desired salary. When I told her, she replied, "Oh.......this position pays a lot less than that." I thanked her and commented that we might have started with the question at the outset.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was what my desired salary range was. Since I had supplied this with my application, I was taken aback when the HR representative appeared shocked.   Answer Question

Salary was way less than my threshold.

Researcher - Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

HR interview basically asked how I qualified for each requirement of the job

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in October 2012.

Apply online, if you know someone in the company, its a plus. Phone interview with a human resource talent acquisition person, in-person interview with multiple managers, phone interview with someone in some other office than the office being interviewed for, then wait wait wait, eventually if offer is made then they will call you. Sign the acceptance letter.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you had to work with difficult co-worker and what did you do?   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in May 2012.

I just had a HR interview where they asked me about what I do at my former job. I answered all the questions satisfactorily. I think they went ahead with another candidate with more experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about pivot tables and v-look ups in excel which I had very little knowledge.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in March 2012.

It was a 6 week process. It took 2 weeks to get a response from HR, another week to have a phone interview with the hiring manager, another week until the in-person interviews with 3 people, a phone interview with HR after that, and two weeks before I was offered.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected from what I can recall. Mostly just questions about how my experience related to the position and why I was interested.   Answer Question
    With it being a relatively entry level position, I did not negotiate as it was substantially more than I had made previously

Engineering Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Utrecht (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in March 2010.

It was a relaxed interview. There were no difficult classic HR questions. Generally we talked about how I could fit in the team and in which projects I could work.

Interview Questions

Worked for DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability? Contribute to the Community!