DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in October 2012.

Interview Details – Apply online, if you know someone in the company, its a plus. Phone interview with a human resource talent acquisition person, in-person interview with multiple managers, phone interview with someone in some other office than the office being interviewed for, then wait wait wait, eventually if offer is made then they will call you. Sign the acceptance letter.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to work with difficult co-worker and what did you do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 6 week process. It took 2 weeks to get a response from HR, another week to have a phone interview with the hiring manager, another week until the in-person interviews with 3 people, a phone interview with HR after that, and two weeks before I was offered.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected from what I can recall. Mostly just questions about how my experience related to the position and why I was interested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With it being a relatively entry level position, I did not negotiate as it was substantially more than I had made previously

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

Interview Details – 6 Phone interviews, one in person interview. They talked, I listened. I got the offer.

Interview Question – None. They care about experience instead of consulting process or business acumen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, over the phone.

Very Easy Interview

Director of Sustainability Services Interview

Director of Sustainability Services

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position. Their system is good in that it ingests your resume from your Linked In profile. Within a week I received an email from someone in their HR department. She stated that, " We have reviewed your qualifications for the role and would like schedule a time for you to chat with you briefly by phone."

I was encouraged as part of the resume submission process required me to answer my desired salary expectation.

At the appointed hour, I had a pleasant discussion with the HR representative. At the end of the call she asked me my desired salary. When I told her, she replied, "Oh.......this position pays a lot less than that." I thanked her and commented that we might have started with the question at the outset.

Interview Question – The unexpected question was what my desired salary range was. Since I had supplied this with my application, I was taken aback when the HR representative appeared shocked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was way less than my threshold.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty simple. A phone screen and then an in person interview. The phone screen basically went over the job description and how you could fulfill those duties. The in person, was also geared towards your abilities to work within the role.

Interview Question – No hard questions, easy interview.   Answer Question

Researcher - Field Technician Interview

Researcher - Field Technician
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

Interview Details – HR interview basically asked how I qualified for each requirement of the job

Energy Engineer Interview

Energy Engineer
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in May 2012.

Interview Details – I just had a HR interview where they asked me about what I do at my former job. I answered all the questions satisfactorily. I think they went ahead with another candidate with more experience.

Interview Question – They asked me about pivot tables and v-look ups in excel which I had very little knowledge.   View Answer

Engineering Consultant Interview

Engineering Consultant
Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was a relaxed interview. There were no difficult classic HR questions. Generally we talked about how I could fit in the team and in which projects I could work.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Worked for DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability? Contribute to the Community!