DPL Interview Questions & Reviews

Candidate Interview Review

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DPL in January 2010.

It took about two weeks after I first applied through a local job search site to be called regarding the position. At that time, I took part in a short phone interview. Basic, basic screening type questions and information about the position. From there, I was invited to take the customer service skills test.

The CSR test is one of the hardest pre-employment test I have ever taken. It was roughly two hours of computer assisted, real-time industry/company specific scenarios. There were three parts, and you had to pass the first part to even take the other sections. I am not one to ruffle easily but by the end of this test I thought I might break down and cry. There was so much information, and so little time! The third section was policy and math heavy, and I timed out of a question because I got hung up on the procedure. That being said, I did not feel at all confident that I was going to receive a call for an interview.

At the end of the test, I had been given a timeframe of response on the test results. When that timeframe expired, I wrongly assumed that I had been correct about not getting a call back. It actually took about two weeks to get a call for an interview.

At the time my interview was set up, I was informed that it would consist of two half-hour interviews. One with the supervisor & the other with a panel of other employees, most of whom turned out to be team leads. The face to face was the good old behavioral customer service type of interogation. I felt like I had a good rapport and I have certainly had worse interviews but as of this writing I am still unemployed.

I liked that I would be working in a modern, secured office that seemed to have a good culture. Everyone I met during the process was super nice and professional. However, I think that there could have been a better job on the front end of accurately describing the job. There were aspects of the position that were not revealed until the panel interviews, and to be honest, they might have changed my mind in the beginning about pursuing the CSR position. I don't think that if I had been on the phone interview for hours that I would come up with the questions that would have given me this information in the beginning.

After I had taken the test, I did question to myself whether or not the pay rate was really in line with job. I still do question it, but I suppose that it is one of those things where they will find the people who will work that hard for that amount.

At the very least, I am super prepared for my next interview based on my experience here.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer. What was the outcome?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at DPL

Worked for DPL? Contribute to the Community!