DRT Strategies Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies.

I had a phone pre-screen with the Recruiter which went well. After the interview she was not very responsive at all but once I was able to get in touch with her, she assured me that she was trying to get me in for an interview. I came in for 2 interviews - first with 2 Senior Managers and second with another Senior Manager. The offer process took almost 3 weeks but finally it worked out.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies in February 2012.

I was first contacted by a recruiter in San Diego. She was very friendly and informative. We scheduled a phone interview and I received enough information to feel positive about the company and to want to learn more. She then scheduled an in person interview with me to meet with other team members in Arlington, VA. I met with three managers and the other recruiter. All were very informative as well and had a consistent message about the culture and environment of the company. After speaking with everyone I felt like this was definitely a company I wanted to work for. The company culture seemed collaborative, positive, and like everyone worked well as a team. The following week the recruiter called and offered me the position, which I accepted over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself (work related) that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DRT Strategies in October 2009.

DRT Strategies called me to gauge my interest in a position after finding my resume online. After a five minute phone call, we set up a formal thirty minute phone interview. They were very polite and flexible with scheduling. The phone interview went well, with my interviewer feeling out my relevant experience. I had a chance to ask many questions about the type of work DRT does and the company culture. The next step was a 30-45 minute interview with the president at their office, which gave great insight into their company culture and values.

All told, I spoke with three members of DRT. Everyone was bright, energetic, and committed to their work. The recognition and respect they gave to their employees shone through, and I could not have been happier with the whole process.

Program Office/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies in November 2009.

Telephone interviewer picked the date and time, I said I would make myself available, so I don't know why she held my initial telephone screening while she was a) in a crowded conference room and b) while facing a wall. I could barely hear myself talk. She sounded young and it is a very small company (less than 50) so I chalked it up to the interviewer and the company being inexperienced and stretched very thin.

I was invited to come to Arlington, VA (suburb of DC) for a face-to-face interview with the owner. They knew I would need to fly in from out of town, that I was unemployed (massive lay off), and that I would be paying for travel expenses. My expectation was that I'd be at the office an entire day, so I could "get to know" them and they could "get to know" me. Certainly that would be worth my $500 travel expense. I was therefore shocked and insulted, once again, when the interview was cut short at 30 minutes. Again, I chalked it up to the interviewer and the company being inexperienced (at hiring) and stretched very thin.

They did not offer me an application to complete or fill out and I do believe, in retrospect, that they really were never that interested in hiring me. Why they would knowingly have an unemployed female (this is an 8A women-owned firm) waste $500 in this economy was as rude and inconsiderate as the first phone interview.

I did not hear back from them and after 2-3 weeks (way past the time they said they'd get back to me) I was told they were still interviewing others and they'd let me know when that process was over. I basically replied "don't bother" and suggest you don't either.

Interview Questions

Worked for DRT Strategies? Contribute to the Community!