DRT Strategies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at DRT Strategies

Interview Details – Phone interview screen followed by a three-person interview session which lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a recent experience when you had to work with limited information and/or resources?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies.

Interview Details – I had a phone pre-screen with the Recruiter which went well. After the interview she was not very responsive at all but once I was able to get in touch with her, she assured me that she was trying to get me in for an interview. I came in for 2 interviews - first with 2 Senior Managers and second with another Senior Manager. The offer process took almost 3 weeks but finally it worked out.

Interview Question – There were no trick questions at all.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter in San Diego. She was very friendly and informative. We scheduled a phone interview and I received enough information to feel positive about the company and to want to learn more. She then scheduled an in person interview with me to meet with other team members in Arlington, VA. I met with three managers and the other recruiter. All were very informative as well and had a consistent message about the culture and environment of the company. After speaking with everyone I felt like this was definitely a company I wanted to work for. The company culture seemed collaborative, positive, and like everyone worked well as a team. The following week the recruiter called and offered me the position, which I accepted over the phone.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself (work related) that I won't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DRT Strategies in March 2010.

Interview Details – Two weeks after submitting my resumes, a recruiter and exchanged email and we set up a phone interview. Someone from SD office interviewed me for a position in DC. Very general, nothing too specific or technical. I stumbled along the way as I didn't know my resume well enough. Lessons learned.

Interview Question – why did you choose this major?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DRT Strategies in October 2009.

Interview Details – DRT Strategies called me to gauge my interest in a position after finding my resume online. After a five minute phone call, we set up a formal thirty minute phone interview. They were very polite and flexible with scheduling. The phone interview went well, with my interviewer feeling out my relevant experience. I had a chance to ask many questions about the type of work DRT does and the company culture. The next step was a 30-45 minute interview with the president at their office, which gave great insight into their company culture and values.

All told, I spoke with three members of DRT. Everyone was bright, energetic, and committed to their work. The recognition and respect they gave to their employees shone through, and I could not have been happier with the whole process.

Interview Question – What is your perfect job?   Answer Question

Program Office/Consultant Interview

Program Office/Consultant
Arlington, VA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies in November 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone interviewer picked the date and time, I said I would make myself available, so I don't know why she held my initial telephone screening while she was a) in a crowded conference room and b) while facing a wall. I could barely hear myself talk. She sounded young and it is a very small company (less than 50) so I chalked it up to the interviewer and the company being inexperienced and stretched very thin.

I was invited to come to Arlington, VA (suburb of DC) for a face-to-face interview with the owner. They knew I would need to fly in from out of town, that I was unemployed (massive lay off), and that I would be paying for travel expenses. My expectation was that I'd be at the office an entire day, so I could "get to know" them and they could "get to know" me. Certainly that would be worth my $500 travel expense. I was therefore shocked and insulted, once again, when the interview was cut short at 30 minutes. Again, I chalked it up to the interviewer and the company being inexperienced (at hiring) and stretched very thin.

They did not offer me an application to complete or fill out and I do believe, in retrospect, that they really were never that interested in hiring me. Why they would knowingly have an unemployed female (this is an 8A women-owned firm) waste $500 in this economy was as rude and inconsiderate as the first phone interview.

I did not hear back from them and after 2-3 weeks (way past the time they said they'd get back to me) I was told they were still interviewing others and they'd let me know when that process was over. I basically replied "don't bother" and suggest you don't either.

Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DRT Strategies in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got a primary interview through a recruiter about an open position. I had never heard of this company prior to being contacted and it's pretty small with just over 100 employees. They definitely are experiencing growing pains and it clearly shows in their recruiters. Interview process went well, it was pretty laid back. Basically the interviewer just asked questions off of my resume and basic, weakness/strength questions. However after the interview recruiter contact fell off. Company came off as a kiddie operation, very unprofessional recruiters who don't follow up when they say they will. A simple email stating whether or not they were still interested would be the least they could provide. This company doesn't even list their job openings which is weird and makes me think there isn't an open position in the first place. You're better off applying at a more reputable company, I would follow the advice of a previous reviewer and don't waste your time with this company!

Interview Question – Give strengths/weakness   View Answer

Project Management Interview

Project Management

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies in December 2010.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from HR. After that was called for an in-person interview where a panel took the interview

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DRT Strategies in November 2010.

Interview Details – After 4 interviews, progressing from several phone interviews to several face-to-face interviews, it took them over 30 days to respond to my request for a status.

Worked for DRT Strategies? Contribute to the Community!