DRW Trading Assistant Trader Interview Questions

3.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at DRW Trading in November 2011.

The HR dpt is quite reactive and listen to its employee's referrals usually. I was contacted right after sending my resume to an employee to set up a phone interview (45min). Then, they would invite you to Chicago for longer interviews.

Interview Questions
  • YOu have $1M. How would you like to invest them?   View Answer
  • You have a Portfolio with Delta=50. How would you hedge it?   View Answer
  • Would you preferred to be staffed in Electronic Trading or Floor Trading?   Answer Question
  • I have $1M on hands. You're invited to a gangling game. Tails: Payoff: twice you bet (if you bet $1, you will get $2+ your bet). Heads= you lose your bet. How much would you bet (it's a one-off gamble, no second chance).   View Answers (5)

Other Interview Reviews for DRW Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at DRW Trading in October 2011.

There was a casual meet and greet the night before where candidates met with their possible interviewers and asked whatever remaining questions they had. The interview was 30 minutes long. It was mostly background questions and fit questions, why you want to be a trader. I was expecting brain teasers but was surprised that I got none. One question on investing in markets. They were very nice but the interview did not result in an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at DRW Trading in November 2011.

1st round: Phone – easy going, nice guy, normal trading interview

Mostly behavioral –
    1. Why trading?
    competitive
    fast paced
    etc.
    2. When have you been competitive?
    3. How did you gage success in [picked one] experience on resume?

Technical question... kind of –
    1. Game:
    -winner says the number [any number, n] – goal is to beat the interviewer
    -take turns adding [specified range] to previous number
    -interviewer starts

-must construct a winning sequence of personal choices that positions yourself to win:
    = {n, n-max(range), n - max(range) - max(range), ..., 0}

2. What order would you prefer to choose?
    -second unless winning sequence starts [ordinal] within the range of numbers to add.
    ––––––––––––––––––

Waiting to hear back for second round. It went well so I expect to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DRW Trading in September 2010.

First round was a phone interview with basic math and probability questions. Second round was 4 40 minute interviews ranging between drawing out options payoffs as well as brain teasers and personality fit. There is also a group interview with about 5 other people. They also play a trading game with a deck of cards to see your bid/ask perception.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DRW Trading in October 2010.

I would describe this interview as a poker game. The interviewer gave me a 1000 bucks (imaginary) at the start. He asked me a bunch of questions ranging from oral math to probability. He would ask me to bet money on my answers. I wasn't allowed to write, everything should be inside my brain. They really test your mental ability for the interview. There was only one question on probability which he twisted around with different cases.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at DRW Trading in November 2010.

They seem to be very proud of their unique culture in that they do not see themselves as a company that is quick to fire people. They talk a lot about their emphasis on educating their employees. I had a first roud half hour interview that consisted of some fit questions and a couple of brainteasers. I was encouraged to do these problems without a pen and paper, though I was allowed to if I needed to do so.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a 6-sided cube that has a unique color on each side (6 different colors), how many possible combinations of unique cubes are there?   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at DRW Trading in March 2010.

1st round: brain teasers, mental Math problems, behavioral questions, 1:1
    2nd round: pretty much the same stuff, but more intense (5 rounds of 1:1). They also bring you to some social activities.
    Nice office, and majority of the interviewers were friendly and approachable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at DRW Trading in October 2010.

Began with a couple simple standard questions about my resume, then asked about 20 minutes worth of increasingly difficult quatitative questions, mostly probabilities. One question was how many poker hands can make 4 of a kind. Overall it was a very stressful experience, but the interviewer was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at DRW Trading in March 2010.

They came on campus to interview for their Chicago and New York office, conducted a fairly lax interview that involved some basic mental arithmetic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at DRW Trading in October 2009.

The first round interview was at my school and it was heavily based on probability and brain teasers.
    The second round was at the Chicago Office for two days consisting of various social activities, 5 2 on 1 interviews and a group activity. The interviews are focused on your resume, classes you have taken, brain teasers, and probability/math questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for DRW Trading? Contribute to the Community!