DSM Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DSM.

Previous Co-worker called me and asked me to apply. I interviewed with potential manager and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • It was you standard job interview, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at DSM.

The interview was made up of technical and personality profile type questions.
    1. Chromatography - two peaks are co eluting, what are some strategies to resolve the peaks
    2. Chromatography - what is normal and reverse phase chromatography. What is stationary and mobile phase for these types of systems
    3. Describe IR, UV, and HPLC.

4. Personality - Describe a time when you failed, why did you fail and what would you do differently.
    5. Personality - How would you meet the needs of a customer that is not happy with your project's progress.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DSM in May 2013.

Very disjointed and limited. Not much exploration regarding what I could bring to the table or what I might be looking for in an organizational culture. Interviews were often started late and ended early, as if the decision was already made. Once I accepted, I received calls from the hiring manager about what they might do with some of the team that was already in place...whether to retain or not, when I hadn't even met the personnel.

Interview Questions
    • What is your approach to customer or market development and how would it help us?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DSM in June 2012.

DSM employs a standard behavioral based interview process. After the intial introduction and background review, they dive deep into past experiences that are related to the job needs. Interviewers include HR, and and functional Business Managers. The second round involves the most senior functional leader and a client.

Interview Questions
    It was a very simple offer/negotiation process. I believe they came out with the best offer straight out of the gate. From a total compensation perspective (base, bonus, benefits) it was more generous than I expected. Even if just from the base and bonus, it was very competitive.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at DSM in June 2008.

Prolonged and disjointed

Uncomplicated

Trainee In Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DSM in October 2014.

the interview process took almost a month,first they selected my resume from naukri portal and called for my introduction followed by online test,after I cleared online test ,I was called for case study and interview.
    Interview was very good,people in DSM are very sweet,interview session was interactive.
    but u should have an good communication and presentation skills

Interview Questions
    • they were very interactive,difficulty level was not that high   Answer Question
    they offered all the facilities,no need to nagotiate

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DSM.

The process was routed through a consultant; involved about 3 meetings with the HR, the business head and another team member; standard process; no difficult questions; very open and candid conversations; Overall good quality and so rounds lasted for more than an hour to two hours each.There were 2 roles on offer and they were ok to hire me for either of the two roles; so there were a little elaborate discussions on the nuances of the two roles and ultimately I made a choice.

They made an initial offer and then I negotiated for a further increase based on certain rationale and then it closed pretty smoothly.

Communications & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delft (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DSM in September 2013.

I had 3 different interviews. One with the assistant, which was more about to learn the role and the requirements. Afterwards, I had one with the Manager which was more like personal screening. The last one was with the Team Manager, in which I was described the role and it was more like to welcome me in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Personality questions and behavioural ones. What I was doing in my previous experience, What kind of person am I. In addition, we spend a lot of time to describe my new role in the company. (Safety) is the keyword to this company. The pay a lot of attention to it. Do not panic though, once you get the job you will be briefed.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sittard (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sittard (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSM in June 2012.

I applied online for an intern position and the HR department contacted me by e-mail the next workday to set up a date for a phone interview. The first interview was about general questions of what I'm interested in and about my career aspirations. I passed a second interview with my future boss, that was honestly the most relaxed and cool job interview I have ever been through. Then I had a third interview with the HR manager of the specific department I will be working in which was a little more "official" but still relaxed. They called me back the very same day to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    I felt a little worried that even though I asked, they wouldn't tell me anything about the allowances (which can be decisive for an internship) until the very last phase but then they were showing impressive generosity and flexibility.

Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DSM in April 2011.

- The first stage consisted of a Personality Assesment Test that was written online and took about 1hr; this assessed, personality characteristics and predispositions.
    - The second stage was two back-to-back 1hr phone interviews (HR, manager)
    - The final stage was four 1 hr face-to-face interviews (HR, managers) on one day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stood out as particularly unusual or challenging.   Answer Question