DSM Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Ceramic Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DSM (Exton, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Long and drawn out. It took months waiting for a response about potential employment opportunities. The interview was involved. Met with HR, direct manager then upper management. Got a complete tour of facilities and production areas.

Interview Questions

• With the nature of production work, how do you stay focused on the task at hand?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DSM.

Interview

Previous Co-worker called me and asked me to apply. I interviewed with potential manager and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• It was you standard job interview, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at DSM (Greenville, NC).

Interview

The interview was made up of technical and personality profile type questions.
    1. Chromatography - two peaks are co eluting, what are some strategies to resolve the peaks
    2. Chromatography - what is normal and reverse phase chromatography. What is stationary and mobile phase for these types of systems
    3. Describe IR, UV, and HPLC.

4. Personality - Describe a time when you failed, why did you fail and what would you do differently.
    5. Personality - How would you meet the needs of a customer that is not happy with your project's progress.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DSM in May 2013.

Interview

Very disjointed and limited. Not much exploration regarding what I could bring to the table or what I might be looking for in an organizational culture. Interviews were often started late and ended early, as if the decision was already made. Once I accepted, I received calls from the hiring manager about what they might do with some of the team that was already in place...whether to retain or not, when I hadn't even met the personnel.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to customer or market development and how would it help us?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DSM in June 2012.

Interview

DSM employs a standard behavioral based interview process. After the intial introduction and background review, they dive deep into past experiences that are related to the job needs. Interviewers include HR, and and functional Business Managers. The second round involves the most senior functional leader and a client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a very simple offer/negotiation process. I believe they came out with the best offer straight out of the gate. From a total compensation perspective (base, bonus, benefits) it was more generous than I expected. Even if just from the base and bonus, it was very competitive.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stanley, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSM (Stanley, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Very thorough, including paid interview visit to global business unit headquarters in The Netherlands.
    Met with many people here in the United States and many relevant future peers and management chain.
    All inrterviewers were well prepared and asked very challenging questions.
    All of my references were checked and vetted by phone calls

Interview Questions

• HOw I felt about working for and reporting directly to a Dutch-based company.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at DSM (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Prolonged and disjointed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Uncomplicated

Engineer Process Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geleen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DSM (Geleen (Netherlands)) in April 2015.

Interview

Nach einem telefoninterview wurde ein Vorstellugnsgespräch vereinbart. An dem besagten termin gab es vier Vorstellungsgespräche á 45 Minuten. Die Interviews wurden mit drei Fachleuten und einem Personaler geführt. Es herrschte ein angenehmes Gesprächsklima. Der Eindruck an der Person interessiert zu sein wurde geweckt.
    Nach dem Gespräch wurde telefonisch, wie vereinbrt innerhalb von 7 Tagen, Feedback gegeben.

Interview Questions

• übliche Fragen, was würden Freunde/Teamkameraden über sie sagen, was würden sie mit einer LkW-Ladung Pingpongbälle anfangen.   Answer Question

Trainee In Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DSM (Pune (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

the interview process took almost a month,first they selected my resume from naukri portal and called for my introduction followed by online test,after I cleared online test ,I was called for case study and interview.
    Interview was very good,people in DSM are very sweet,interview session was interactive.
    but u should have an good communication and presentation skills

Interview Questions

• they were very interactive,difficulty level was not that high   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered all the facilities,no need to nagotiate

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DSM.

Interview

The process was routed through a consultant; involved about 3 meetings with the HR, the business head and another team member; standard process; no difficult questions; very open and candid conversations; Overall good quality and so rounds lasted for more than an hour to two hours each.There were 2 roles on offer and they were ok to hire me for either of the two roles; so there were a little elaborate discussions on the nuances of the two roles and ultimately I made a choice.

Negotiation

They made an initial offer and then I negotiated for a further increase based on certain rationale and then it closed pretty smoothly.