DST Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

Was called to schedule a phone interview. Week later I had a phone interview that went well and I was called in for an in person interview. The in person interview was what you would expect from the reviews you read and the overall negative reputation DST has. My interviewer was rude and seemed to be in no position to be interviewing anyone as she did not have the background to do so and came off as being incompetent and too involved in her own position to properly evaluate a potential employer. My advice is just to stay away from DST. They could care less about their employees and their business plan relies on taking advantage of people who should be getting higher wages. After all this DST sent me a no reply email that they are going with someone else; which I should have expected given the way I have heard they treat their employees let alone potential employers. They make you pay 40 dollars a month for parking after they boast about having their own lots attached to all of their buildings; mind you this company makes 4 billon plus a year. Just one of the many reasons qualified people just choose to work at different places because DST just is not competitive when it comes to benefits and what you are expected to give.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their careers webpage. An HR manager called me a week later at 8:00 am for an impromptu phone interview. They asked me one question and then told me to have a nice day. The HR representative did not take the interview seriously, and was in a hurry to get it over with.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply on LinkedIn. It takes two day to reach me. First round, HR screening. Second round, VP interview. 3rd, Grilled on your resume. Question are not too difficult, such as tell me about the classification method that you familiar with. There focus on your data analysis skills.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was a lengthy one, Got to Know about jobs at DST through career fair, post resume screening they called for Initial Technical Interview the next day (Was asked mostly about OO Concepts, DBMS, Testing, Software Methodologies) and regular behavorial questions. After two months I received call from HR for another round of technical interview (This time it was phone), 10 days from this day got a mail from HR to attend the interview at Downtown campus, they also asked us to take a simple coding test based on date time(Can write the code in java or c# or vb.net). Then After a week it was the final round and there were a panel of interviewers, each from different technologies (based on skills mentioned in Resume), so by this time you can come to conclusion that they are going to study your past behavior. Yes ! During the whole interview (for 60 mins) you wll be grilled on all concepts or skills you mention in resume, so be prepared to answer them, you will be tested in depth to know the knowledge you possess in the mentioned skill.

Interview Questions

• About SQL Query Tuning and different ways to optimize the query.(As it was my past experience)   Answer Question
    • Given situation and asked me to tell how I would try to get of it ? This is a production support issue.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through college. Two face to face interviews. Partially technical. The first round was mostly behavioral and I was given 2 java code snippets. The second round completely focused on my resume.Both the interviews lasted for 30 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and some code snippets to solve.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

two rounds first was phone interview with technical person and the second was with the HR i applied online through one of the job searching websites. first i got a mail saying my resume has been short listed and can go ahead for the interview. i scheduled my interview at a particular timings and i got a call from the technical person. he started with my resume and asked normal questions then technical

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DST Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I met with DST systems representative in the college career fair, had interview with her the next day. I got a call from the DST system after a month. They called me to Kansas City for second interview. Interview lasted an hour, met with 3 managers. I was asked basic questions

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

(I am not sure about the job title, but it's certainly an software engineering intern.) Almost ten days after a career fair, the recruiter called me immediately without making an apointment, then we decided the phone interview time. Serveral days later, he called me on time, and asked me several behavior questions, which was about 15 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was just two rounds. One held in my university and the second round is onsite. You will get the basic Java questions like concepts, some programming etc., First round is one to one and the second round will have group of members interviewing about different things. Explaining your previous project, work experience, technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• writing a program in different wqys   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Two Rounds. First one at the University Campus second at their office in Kansas. Both the Interviews may last for 45 minutes to an hour. Technical & Behavioral combined. Interviewers are usually architects, managers. HR is not part of the process except for email & phone communication to set up the onsite interview. Not so great with follow up. Not a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Depends on your technical background, prior experience and interested areas in software engineering. Varies for each person.   1 Answer