DST Systems

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.5

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DST Systems.

The Recruiter did a good job in the getting to know you phase but lacked follow-up. I was told that he was presenting my information to the hiring manager and he was very optimistic about my candidacy. I never heard back from him after leaving messages by phone and email. Still no response.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult but didn't expect to be asked where I was from?   View Answer

Mutual Fund/Corp Securities Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at DST Systems in August 2014.

I applied online and it took several weeks for a recruiter to contact me. Once contacted, the process went quickly and smoothly. I had a brief phone interview and took an online typing test before being offered an interview. The interview was in the work environment, which is very relaxed and laid back. The interview is typical for an entry level corporate job - very rigid. It was mostly just "tell me about a time when..." type of questions. I received an offer 1 day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what 2 things I would want to have on a desert island.   View Answer
    The recruiters told me the job would pay $12.50 an hour

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DST Systems.

Professional interview. Friendly. Selection process was reasonably fast. All DST contacts professional and very helpful and forthcoming. Shared benefits package early on without me having to ask.

Interview Questions
    • Worst project disaster. What went wrong? How did you fix it?   Answer Question
    Easy negotiation.

Applications Analyst Interview

Interviewed by two Application Analyst managers. It was a telephone interview. Questions involves past experiences with application analyst role. Went over the writing sample that I was asked to submit prior to the phone interview. Q&A on role and responsibilities of the job, including the team that I will be working with.

Interview Questions
    • "What would I do if I was told to do additional work, which will require at least an hour to do, at the end of the day and was told that it has to be done that day?"   Answer Question

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DST Systems.

Took a very long time for them to make a decision

Could have negotiated but I didn't.

Investment Co Act Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DST Systems in May 2014.

Went in for a marathon interview. Met with 3 attorneys first, was getting excited about the position. Then met with the 3 paralegals. They were horrible. They kept trying to scare me off and spoke really negatively about the job.

Mutual Fund Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DST Systems.

I had one interview with a recruiter and one with a manager. The questions were fairly basic interview questions, tell me what customer service means to you...

SD Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DST Systems.

It took 2 weeks for the decision, The interview was not hard. Asked basic java questions, Concentrated on behavioral interview.

Non-Technical Business Intern Interview

Spoke with recruiter at career fair at my university, had first round interview that took place at university, second round panel interview at main office in Kansas City.

Interview Questions
    • How have you enacted change in past experiences in your life?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DST Systems.

HR rules on this. Try to talk directly to the person who would be your manager