DST Systems Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their careers webpage. An HR manager called me a week later at 8:00 am for an impromptu phone interview. They asked me one question and then told me to have a nice day. The HR representative did not take the interview seriously, and was in a hurry to get it over with.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply on LinkedIn. It takes two day to reach me. First round, HR screening. Second round, VP interview. 3rd, Grilled on your resume. Question are not too difficult, such as tell me about the classification method that you familiar with. There focus on your data analysis skills.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was a lengthy one, Got to Know about jobs at DST through career fair, post resume screening they called for Initial Technical Interview the next day (Was asked mostly about OO Concepts, DBMS, Testing, Software Methodologies) and regular behavorial questions. After two months I received call from HR for another round of technical interview (This time it was phone), 10 days from this day got a mail from HR to attend the interview at Downtown campus, they also asked us to take a simple coding test based on date time(Can write the code in java or c# or vb.net). Then After a week it was the final round and there were a panel of interviewers, each from different technologies (based on skills mentioned in Resume), so by this time you can come to conclusion that they are going to study your past behavior. Yes ! During the whole interview (for 60 mins) you wll be grilled on all concepts or skills you mention in resume, so be prepared to answer them, you will be tested in depth to know the knowledge you possess in the mentioned skill.

Interview Questions

• About SQL Query Tuning and different ways to optimize the query.(As it was my past experience)   Answer Question
    • Given situation and asked me to tell how I would try to get of it ? This is a production support issue.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through college. Two face to face interviews. Partially technical. The first round was mostly behavioral and I was given 2 java code snippets. The second round completely focused on my resume.Both the interviews lasted for 30 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and some code snippets to solve.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

two rounds first was phone interview with technical person and the second was with the HR i applied online through one of the job searching websites. first i got a mail saying my resume has been short listed and can go ahead for the interview. i scheduled my interview at a particular timings and i got a call from the technical person. he started with my resume and asked normal questions then technical

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was just two rounds. One held in my university and the second round is onsite. You will get the basic Java questions like concepts, some programming etc., First round is one to one and the second round will have group of members interviewing about different things. Explaining your previous project, work experience, technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• writing a program in different wqys   1 Answer

Fund Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was very detailed and they wanted to know how much customer experience i had. They talked about my expectations and what drives me to be helpful. They explained the details of the job and the pay, hours, and benefits, asked would there be a problem the hours.

Interview Questions

• what was my goals and how can i help the company be productive. what can i bring to the table.   1 Answer

Mutual Fund Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone screening. 2nd step is an in person interview that lasts about hour, only meeting with one manager. Usually find out if you're getting hired within a week. They hire a lot of people at once so they move pretty quickly with the process. Less than 30 days from the time I applied til I got hired

Interview Questions

• A time you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Took a very long time for them to make a decision

Negotiation

Could have negotiated but I didn't.

Virtualization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Having their own in house recruiters does make the interview process very simple. You know who you are interviewing with before you go in. It is not that technical of an interview but more or a personality and behavioral process review. However, feedback is given when requested but you might get bypassed just for having a family that would hinder your work performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about things you like to do outside of work?   1 Answer