DSW

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Merchandise Interview

Assistant Manager Merchandise
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Initially called/emailed from store manager to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, I met with store manager and assistant manager and interviewed with them. After that, I needed 'approval' from another store manager, so I interviewed at a totally different DSW store with their store manager. After this, I then interviewed with the District Manager to get the final approval for the job. This process took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult or technical questions. All interviews were to make sure you displayed all company values; passion, humility, collaboration, and accountability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered a fair hourly salary, and no negotiation took place. Offer is made based on experience. Can range from 12.00/hour to 20.00/hour

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

Assistant Merchandise Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Easy interviews that you just have to go on with two different people.

Interview Question – Focus on your over-the-top customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonw

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Completed application on a Wednesday. SM called me to do an interview that Monday. Tuesday i had an interview with the DM. Friday they called for monday orientation. Interview questiona are basic. Why you wanna work for yhe company? What can you offer to the company when hired? Please do sone research on the company..

Interview Question – Know companys product and their values   Answer Question

Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in June 2011.

Interview Details – First I met with the Store Manager and had a one on one interview. The following week, the District Manager flew to town and at that time, I interviewed with both the District Manager and the Store Manager.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate, the offer was great!

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

Assistant Merchandise Manager
Denton, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview with store manager at the highest volume store in the district, then interviewed with the store manager at the next highest volume store, then with the DM, and finally at the store I would be working at. First two interviews were very easy and consisted of all the basic questions you usually get. Interview with the DM was a walk through the store while he talked to you to get to know you better. Last interview was a complete joke. But that is more in reference to the store manager leading it. She spent the entire time talking about herself and the store and didn't ask me a single question about myself.

Interview Question – All questions were very basic   View Answer

Brighton, MI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone and interviewed with the Store Manager. That same day I was asked if I could go meet the District Manager and interview with her. I was then asked to complete a phone interview with another DM. I was offered the job two days later. Overall, it was a good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary and the location where I worked. My advice is be honest, ask for what you want, but be ready to compromise. I took a pay cut coming to this company but was able to choose a locaion only a couple of miles from my house.

Assistant Merchandising Manager

The process took 4 days - interviewed at DSW in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewd with the store manager of the store i'd be working for, lasted about 30-45mins asked basic questions dealing with management style. Met with another store manager the next day, set me up with Dm for the next and was offered the job

Interview Question – why Dsw   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for DSW? Contribute to the Community!