DSW Assistant Merchandising Manager Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Initially called/emailed from store manager to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, I met with store manager and assistant manager and interviewed with them. After that, I needed 'approval' from another store manager, so I interviewed at a totally different DSW store with their store manager. After this, I then interviewed with the District Manager to get the final approval for the job. This process took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
  • Not too many difficult or technical questions. All interviews were to make sure you displayed all company values; passion, humility, collaboration, and accountability.   Answer Question
Offered a fair hourly salary, and no negotiation took place. Offer is made based on experience. Can range from 12.00/hour to 20.00/hour

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Easy interviews that you just have to go on with two different people.

Nonw

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DSW.

Completed application on a Wednesday. SM called me to do an interview that Monday. Tuesday i had an interview with the DM. Friday they called for monday orientation. Interview questiona are basic. Why you wanna work for yhe company? What can you offer to the company when hired? Please do sone research on the company..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in June 2011.

First I met with the Store Manager and had a one on one interview. The following week, the District Manager flew to town and at that time, I interviewed with both the District Manager and the Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    I didn't need to negotiate, the offer was great!

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in June 2010.

Initial interview with store manager at the highest volume store in the district, then interviewed with the store manager at the next highest volume store, then with the DM, and finally at the store I would be working at. First two interviews were very easy and consisted of all the basic questions you usually get. Interview with the DM was a walk through the store while he talked to you to get to know you better. Last interview was a complete joke. But that is more in reference to the store manager leading it. She spent the entire time talking about herself and the store and didn't ask me a single question about myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brighton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in July 2011.

I was contacted via phone and interviewed with the Store Manager. That same day I was asked if I could go meet the District Manager and interview with her. I was then asked to complete a phone interview with another DM. I was offered the job two days later. Overall, it was a good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate salary and the location where I worked. My advice is be honest, ask for what you want, but be ready to compromise. I took a pay cut coming to this company but was able to choose a locaion only a couple of miles from my house.

Assistant Merchandising Manager Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at DSW in November 2010.

Interviewd with the store manager of the store i'd be working for, lasted about 30-45mins asked basic questions dealing with management style. Met with another store manager the next day, set me up with Dm for the next and was offered the job

none

Worked for DSW? Contribute to the Community!