DSW

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Basic questions to determine understanding of retail environment

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. My references spoke for themself

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DSW in August 2011.

Interview Details – My personal experience was through promotion from part times so my interview process was very different from what it would had I been an outside candidate. I was moved very quickly as I was ready to make the transition.

Interview Question – What qualities are you bringing to a store that you feel the store might be lacking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy. Always ask for $0.50 more than the offer.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had a hour and half interview and was not hired. Had the interview in a break room with the store manager when other associates were walking in. Not very professional. Was over qualified for the position and had 22 years experience in the shoe business. There loss.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DSW in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very casual,nice people, just asked about retail experience and how I would handle situations, gave information about the company and wanted to know my avalibility, Positive environment,Actually 2 of us were interviewed and hired for associates.I had hoped to be and thought I was being interviewed and considered for a management postion.

Interview Question – What brand of shoes do you prefer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – my foot in the door even if I had to start at the bottom, a bit frustrating since I was a key holder at my last job.

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DSW in August 2010.

Interview Details – Best Company, ever, to work for. It's what Retail was 20 years ago!!

Interview Question – What do you know about our Company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy - they were fair and met my terms.

Worked for DSW? Contribute to the Community!