DSW Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSW in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager in-store. It was a very relaxed atmosphere without pressure. I did my research on the company before the actual interview so it was very easy to discuss my strengths to complete the job per her and the companies description. Received phone call in one day stating there would be a second interview, over the phone, with the DM. After phone interview, had a second phone interview with another SM. this is not uncommon for upper management positions. It's all about consistency and getting a feel for the candidate. I never once felt overwhelmed by the interviewer or questions asked. Everyone was extremely passionate about what they do. It was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• In your past experience, how was a leadership role structured and what were your responsibilities for growing your business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always state your desired salary. Know your own worth and don't be afraid to negotiate. Research the positions and the posted salaries and understand the pay scale associated with each.

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DSW (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Long I had 3 interviews, it was with 3 different people in 2 different locations. I met with a manager who didn't manage the store I will be at and I met with the interim district manager.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I had two interviews. They went well. I was asked basic questions about my experience. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was told that the regional manager was out of town and would be back the following week. I was told that I would be interviewing with him. I never heard another word from them regarding the position either way.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

very fair. the company knows what they want and will dig in deeply to find the right person. The company has individuals interview with multiple people in order to get a good read of the candidate.

moved

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

Basic questions to determine understanding of retail environment

Negotiation

no negotiation. My references spoke for themself

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a hour and half interview and was not hired. Had the interview in a break room with the store manager when other associates were walking in. Not very professional. Was over qualified for the position and had 22 years experience in the shoe business. There loss.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at DSW (Reno, NV) in January 2012.

Interview

Very casual,nice people, just asked about retail experience and how I would handle situations, gave information about the company and wanted to know my avalibility, Positive environment,Actually 2 of us were interviewed and hired for associates.I had hoped to be and thought I was being interviewed and considered for a management postion.

Interview Questions

• What brand of shoes do you prefer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

my foot in the door even if I had to start at the bottom, a bit frustrating since I was a key holder at my last job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSW (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

My personal experience was through promotion from part times so my interview process was very different from what it would had I been an outside candidate. I was moved very quickly as I was ready to make the transition.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are you bringing to a store that you feel the store might be lacking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy. Always ask for $0.50 more than the offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DSW in August 2010.

Interview

Best Company, ever, to work for. It's what Retail was 20 years ago!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our Company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy - they were fair and met my terms.