DSW Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Received an e-mail for an interview within a few days after filling out online questionnaires. Also, They asked me a lot of questions about their values. They also had me go out on the floor and interact with customers.

Store Associate (Part Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

The DSW interview process was quick, timely, and super professional. After applying for the position on DSW.com, I was called within a week to set up an interview. My first interview included a face-to-face interview with one of the MOD's who asked me a number of questions to figure out my interests. A few days after the first interview, I was asked to attend a second interview with the Store Manager. The Store Manager broke down everything that goes on within the store on a daily basis. A couple days after that interview, I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSW (Austin, TX).

Interview

Easy breezy just have a great personality! Have somewhat an idea about fashion. Have previous sales experience. Overall it's not a bad interview experience. I like the hiring manger as soon as I met her!

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Interview process took about two weeks. I came in on a Wednesday for the interview. My interviewer was really nice, and made me feel very comfortable. I was asked a few things about my background, such as past jobs, availability and skill set. I was asked very basic questions. After my in person interview i was sent an email confirming i had got the job and had to do a the emailed package and take a drug test.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple of weeks later. The first interview was pretty easy and consisted of behavioral questions. The second interview (if you make it) is more intense and is with the store manager. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW in June 2015.

Interview

It was a two part Imterview. The first was with an employee, the second with the hiring manager. It was easy and straight forward. Both interview were finished within an hour.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

Super easy and simple. It was a one on one interview and only lasted about 10 minutes altogether. He only asked about 2 questions, and mostly talked about the company itself and its goals/values. Was hired right then and there and given an starting wage. I did not negotiate, as it was good and above minimum wage. overall a very positive experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Phone interview with one of the managers nd then in person at the store with the store manager. Met in the managers office. They asked me a lot of questions about their balues.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I met with the district supervisor and then did a telephone interview with another district supervisor. The interviews were very laid back. The questions were mostly basic but there were some that really challenged me.

Interview Questions

• What would be my first goals upon becoming the store manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DSW (Carle Place, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day saying that I got an interview. I had a 1 on 1 interview with one of the managers in a back room. It was shockingly short. I got there at 5:17 and I was out of there before 5:30. As soon as we sat down the first thing he said was, "I am out of here at 6pm thank god." He asked me only three questions before he just cut to the chase and said well it comes down to availability. When I left he said we will call you if we move forward. Honestly I don't think I will accept the job if I get it. He let me know up front that there would be weeks I would only get 4 hours and some where i got 20.