DSW Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

2 part interview. First part was a group interview,laid back and fun, no pressure, then if you received a call back then you had a one on one interview with the head manager a little bit more tense but still okay.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Applied online, invited to do personality questionnaire. After two weeks phone interview was set up with store manager after the phone screen had in person interview with store manager. That went well so 2nd interview with another store manager. A week later Store Manager called to set up interview with DM. A week later background authorization came in email. Store manager called to say offer will be made after background check comes thru.

Interview Questions

• how do you create a work environment that the team wants to be involved in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave the my salary requirements and they met them

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

The interview went south immediately. I was waiting in the lobby for 45 minutes and as soon as we went to the back to review my resume, the manager began to talk down on my credentials with complete disrespect. She Interrupted me every 20 seconds when she proposed scenarios of what I would do if a certain situation was to occur. Very distasteful with the way she presented store as a whole and the clearance floor was completely disheveled. I wouldn't advise anyone to work with this store manager for Nanuet. Not to mention, the operations room was completely in an upheaval.

Interview Questions

• Q. What would be a solution if the woman's shoe section was completely untidy, a mother lost her children, and the checkout line is moving extremely slower than normal all at once?   Answer Question
    • Q: What would you do to improve the UPT? (Units Per Transaction)   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (New York, NY).

Interview

Arrived early and told cashier I was there for an interview. They went and got the manager. I waited around the main area for a few minutes. I had a brief interview in the manager's office. The manager asked basic questions. Very nice manager who was easy to interview with but couldn't accommodate my school schedule.

Interview Questions

• What shoe would you be? Why would you want to work for DSW?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy questions. get to know you and what experience you have type of questions. a few behavioral questions. it was a total of three people. asked about availability. large emphasis on having an open schedule.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I got hired after applying online and submitting my resume. I was called in for an interview about a week later, where I had a group interview with 2 other people.

Interview Questions

• -What type of shoe is your favorite? -Tell me About Yourself? -How important is creativity at work? -Tell us about a time you dealt with a frustrated customer? How did you handle it? - Why DSW?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online 2 days after they posted they needed a part time sales associate. A day later, i received an email from the store manager for a job interview. I did my interview early in the morning. The interview was easy really, it was way easier than Target. Just relax and have faith in yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. What is your favorite pair shoes? SPERRY TOP-SIDER Why choose DSW?   1 Answer
    • What are missions and values?   1 Answer
    • What is customer to you?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how fast of a learner are you?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a difficult co-worker?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Super easy, applied online and got an email back for the questionnaire, maybe like a week and a half later they called me in for a group interview, there were 7 of us in total. It was pretty chill and laid back the manager and hiring manager were very nice and started off by getting to know us and then launched into the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was interviewed by two different locations. I put in back to back, for a span of 9 months. _1st Store I got my first interview call 4 months after putting in. Which was fine, because there was no opening at the time I applied. The manager that was suppose to interview me was not there. He left for launch a couple hours before and never came back. I was left walking around the store. So the assist or second manager finally took it upon herself to interview me. I got asked 5 questions, while standing in the middle of the store. Never got a call back. -2nd Store The second store actually had an opening. Keep in mind this is at least 5 months since my previous interview. I put in and was called within the same month. I was told to come in for an interview same day. I called the manager to ask if the following day was okay. She agreed. I arrived on time, was taking to the back office area. She was very nice asked me just related questions. I fudged up on 2 questions due to nervousness. I was told a background test will be sent over and then she will follow up. YAY I thought I got the job. Well I have yet to get a call back. A couple weeks later I see the same job re-posted on indeed. So now I feel quite foolish. I would love to work at the 2nd store location, but I will not apply again. :-(

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a difficult team member? What does favorite mean to you? What is your favorite restaurant? Are you passive of aggressive ? What is your ideal pay?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (West Nyack, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It took them a week to call me.The interviewer was nice and she kept it real quick and short. But she told me that 4 other people applied for the job. Everything was good and fun but i didn't get the job at the end of the day so.