DSW

Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in November 2014.

They email you an interview to RVSP a spot, sometimes it's an group interview.
    Always 10 mins early they see and write notes before interviews start.
    The interview is about 10-30 mins long
    (Depending how many people they interview together)

Interview Questions
    • They ask, did you ever like a supervisor and why, did you disliked a supervisor and why was the reason? How would you take care an angry customer?
      DO YOU LOVE SHOES?

View Answer
    the offer that's was given to me was real good, take the offer you could always ask but they always have good a offer you can't decline.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DSW in November 2014.

I submitted and application online and was selected for a phone interview within the next few weeks. The phone interview was incredibly conversational. Only asked me questions about my resume and seemed very excited to talk to me. About two weeks later I got a phone call saying I was selected or a second round interview. I interviewed with five different people over the course of about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • One of the senior analysts asked me to estimate how much turkey is wasted each year after thanksgiving.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

First Phone interview with recruiting coordinator. Second Phone interview with hiring manager. In person interview with 4 managers including hiring manager. Pretty standard. A lot of application based questions. Each interview was about 30 min.

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Applied and the manager called me a couple of days later and set up an interview. Only had one interview and then was notified that I got the job not long after and was asked to come in for orientation. Overall the interview and the interview process were both very laid back and short, but that could be just because of the manager I was dealing with as he is generally very laid back compared to others. Not very hard questions, mostly behavioral/situational and asking you about yourself and what you like to do.

Make sure to look up the four DSW values because they will probably ask you about them. My manager asked what they were and what they meant to me, so be able to explain them if they should ask. They are Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, and Humility.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but could be because it was my first real job so I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DSW in October 2014.

I applied online to a completely different store. Got a call from the DSW in Tyson's Corner. I went in for the interview that same week. I received a phone call when I got home saying I had recieved the job.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like most about your old job?   View Answer
    Quick and easy because I had other offers

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in October 2014.

I applied for the position online on 10/28/14. Received a call to schedule an interview on 10/31/14. Interviewed on 11/2/14. Interview was pretty easy. Normal customer service questions. I was offered the positioned at the interview. Next step was to complete background check and begin training next week. Overall good experience, manager was very cool.

Interview Questions
    • Why DSW? How do you handle an upset customer? How would you get a customer to buy a boot when coming in store for a formal shoe?   Answer Question
    Depends on experience

Sales/Cashier Interview

They ask you all the normal interview questions...strengths/weaknesses,etc. They asked you why you want to work at DSW and DON'T answer "because I like shoes." They said they will automatically write NO at the top of your resume.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSW in October 2014.

After submitting application I recieved a confirmation email and was then directed to take a test. If you pass test your application is sent to the store manager, if you dont pass they do not receive it. Manager then emailed me with a interview date. I then responded to email and agreed to date. Arrived at store and went to front and they knew I was there for the interview. Had to wait about 10 minutes for manager to be available. Brought back to office and interviewed by manager. She told me my score on the test was really good. She asked me questions about my previous job and made jokes and told me about her pets. Wasnt super formal, but still we talked about the important stuff. She asked me to give an example of an experience where a customer was unhappy and how I dealt with it at my previous job. She then showed me a list of all the questions she supposed to ask and said she thought they were ridiculous. Asked me about availability and how long i was planning on staying. She then told me about training processes, what they look for in an employee and company values. Then told me on the spot she would call me later to hire me. Asked me if I had any questions and told me about dress code. Then asked me about pay. Said she would offer a rate when the she called later. Super laid back and nice. I had to meet another manager up in the front of the store, because before hiring you have to meet 2 managers. Both were super nice and sweet! I recieved a call later that day offering me the job and telling me pay.

Interview Questions
    • I wasnt asked anythign difficult. If they ask the by the book questions I imagine its harder. Just be ready to discuss your previous work and examples from it.   View Answer
    Called me and offered job and told me pay. I could either accept or decline. You put what you want to be payed on the application and they gave me more than I asked!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DSW.

I applied online, went into the store and introduced myself to the manager. Within the next couple of days I was called to schedule an interview. There are 2 interviews - one with the hiring manager and one with the store manager. They were each close to an hour long. I was asked about the store values and to explain what they meant to me, and to provide examples of times when I felt like I showed those qualities. I was also asked my favorite types/brands of shoes.

Interview Questions
    I was called and offered $9 over the phone. I said that my previous job had paid $9.17, and I had closing and cash register experience and we agreed on $9.25

Dsw Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Submitted application online. Received email with link to additional application and personality test. Received call interview following week (this was around the holidays.) Had two interviews separate days hired during the second interview with store manager.