DSW

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.2

Dsw Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Submitted application online. Received email with link to additional application and personality test. Received call interview following week (this was around the holidays.) Had two interviews separate days hired during the second interview with store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in September 2014.

Complete BS taking the extensive assessment test. I wasn't even able to complete the times one. 10 minutes is far to short of a time period to be able to take in each question and find the correct answer. All this for a part time store job is ludicrous and not cost effective. I've had 9 years retail experience and could be a proven asset but because I can't "pass" an assessment test I can't qualify for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The times assessment test was way to complex to think and finish all the questions.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DSW in September 2014.

Filled out application online. Was called for interview next day. Most questions were geared toward team work. There seemed to be a set list of questions the manager was following. The job description was for a stock associate, but the actual position involved all duties, including sales and cashier. I was called in for a second interview but decided not to accept based on that factor.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW in September 2014.

The interview was great. The atmosphere is nice and the people are friendly.
    The interviewer was very clear with the aspects that they want for this opening. They ask why you chose to apply to DSW, How would you help customers, etc...
    They required to work most weekends and assist to clean the Restrooms .

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when there are many people in the store and they also ask you to go to help in the cashier?   Answer Question

the salary was too low

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

The people who called me were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable and I was excited about the interview.

HOWEVER. When I went to the interview the store manager was VERY condescending and the company values are a joke. Being Humble is one of them and I had to explain how I would apply that to business. I had a hard time with this because business is about making money. Not "being humble" interview pretty much went downhill from here. He asked me what my favorite band was? How does that pertain to the interview? Basically DSW could be making a lot more money if they turned slightly more toward making money and being the best... Than being "humble" they weren't ready for me.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at DSW in August 2014.

I applied for the position online and a month and a half later I was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of basic questions. My interviewer immediately let me know that I would probably net get the position due to my availability. The interview lasted less than fifteen minutes.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW in August 2014.

I applied online and got called next week for an interview. I arrived about 20 mins early so I had time to look around and just prepare myself. The interview went very well. I was asked questions about myself, why I applied to DSW. Then the majority of the rest of questions were scenario question based on my past history in my work experience or any life experience. They told me they would call be in a few days because they still had to look at other applicants. I got the call yesterday and was offer the job!

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time where you didn't follow through with a task on time? If so how did you overcome that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW in August 2014.

Very straightforward process. Filled out application and received a call with an initial screening process. Was asked to come in for an interview, interviewed with two different managers on two separate days, then received offer. Whole hiring process was very quick, only about two weeks between first interview and start date.

Interview Questions
    • All were very common questions, for example "Tell me about your favorite customer"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DSW in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted through email the next day. My interview was scheduled that same week. The questions were fairly easy, mostly behavioral. I wasn't really asked questions like "Tell me about a time when....". Interview lasted about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • If I asked your last supervisor what your biggest opportunity is, what would he/she say?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation; however, I did receive higher end pay because I have years of experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Online application then I had to go on two interviews. First with an assistant manager then the store manager. Took them like two weeks to be notify me that I got hired.