DSW

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DSW in October 2014.

I applied online to a completely different store. Got a call from the DSW in Tyson's Corner. I went in for the interview that same week. I received a phone call when I got home saying I had recieved the job.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like most about your old job?   View Answer
    Quick and easy because I had other offers

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in October 2014.

I applied for the position online on 10/28/14. Received a call to schedule an interview on 10/31/14. Interviewed on 11/2/14. Interview was pretty easy. Normal customer service questions. I was offered the positioned at the interview. Next step was to complete background check and begin training next week. Overall good experience, manager was very cool.

Interview Questions
    • Why DSW? How do you handle an upset customer? How would you get a customer to buy a boot when coming in store for a formal shoe?   Answer Question
    Depends on experience

Sales/Cashier Interview

They ask you all the normal interview questions...strengths/weaknesses,etc. They asked you why you want to work at DSW and DON'T answer "because I like shoes." They said they will automatically write NO at the top of your resume.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DSW.

I applied online, went into the store and introduced myself to the manager. Within the next couple of days I was called to schedule an interview. There are 2 interviews - one with the hiring manager and one with the store manager. They were each close to an hour long. I was asked about the store values and to explain what they meant to me, and to provide examples of times when I felt like I showed those qualities. I was also asked my favorite types/brands of shoes.

Interview Questions
    I was called and offered $9 over the phone. I said that my previous job had paid $9.17, and I had closing and cash register experience and we agreed on $9.25

Dsw Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Submitted application online. Received email with link to additional application and personality test. Received call interview following week (this was around the holidays.) Had two interviews separate days hired during the second interview with store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in September 2014.

Complete BS taking the extensive assessment test. I wasn't even able to complete the times one. 10 minutes is far to short of a time period to be able to take in each question and find the correct answer. All this for a part time store job is ludicrous and not cost effective. I've had 9 years retail experience and could be a proven asset but because I can't "pass" an assessment test I can't qualify for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The times assessment test was way to complex to think and finish all the questions.   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DSW in September 2014.

Filled out application online. Was called for interview next day. Most questions were geared toward team work. There seemed to be a set list of questions the manager was following. The job description was for a stock associate, but the actual position involved all duties, including sales and cashier. I was called in for a second interview but decided not to accept based on that factor.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW in September 2014.

The interview was great. The atmosphere is nice and the people are friendly.
    The interviewer was very clear with the aspects that they want for this opening. They ask why you chose to apply to DSW, How would you help customers, etc...
    They required to work most weekends and assist to clean the Restrooms .

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when there are many people in the store and they also ask you to go to help in the cashier?   Answer Question

the salary was too low

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

The people who called me were very friendly and made me feel very comfortable and I was excited about the interview.

HOWEVER. When I went to the interview the store manager was VERY condescending and the company values are a joke. Being Humble is one of them and I had to explain how I would apply that to business. I had a hard time with this because business is about making money. Not "being humble" interview pretty much went downhill from here. He asked me what my favorite band was? How does that pertain to the interview? Basically DSW could be making a lot more money if they turned slightly more toward making money and being the best... Than being "humble" they weren't ready for me.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at DSW in August 2014.

I applied for the position online and a month and a half later I was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of basic questions. My interviewer immediately let me know that I would probably net get the position due to my availability. The interview lasted less than fifteen minutes.