DSW Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mentor, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW.

the interview was very laid back ,the employer asked questions like "who is your style inspiration" example mine is kate hudson and sandra bullock," why do you want to work for DSW', "what makes you a shoe lover?"

Interview Questions
    • honestly didnt have any hard questions   View Answer
    i negotiated the salary and they accepted :)

Sales Associate Interview

I complete the application on line and the day after DSW call me for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW in April 2014.

I filled out the online application and got a call about a week later to schedule an interview, the co-manager who spoke to me on the phone was extremely friendly and outgoing, and I expected to interview with her. However, I showed up the next week for my interview with the store manager, who made up his mind with the first answer I gave that he was not going to hire me. He first asked about my sales experience, to which I replied that I didn't have any. He seemed surprised by this and continued on to be a bit condescending through the interview, even though my lack of experience was on my job application and they invited me to interview anyway. The questions were very easy, I had no trouble answering them in detail and with enthusiasm. Very typical interview questions; "if you saw this happen..", past experience with handling peoples specific needs, etc. He told me he would need to email me the background check that I would have to sign off on within 24 hours, and said he would get back to me by Monday. I left the office and received a rejection email less than 2 minutes later.

They likely won't hire you if you have no experience in sales, so unfortunately my time was wasted.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

I was originally approached by a recruiter while working at my former job. The recruiter set up a phone interview when I was not working. I was asked to submit a resume prior to the call which lasted approximately 30 minutes. After the phone interview I was contacted a few days later to interview in person with the District Manager. After the interview, the District Manager then sent me to interview with a Store Manager. After passing a background check and drug test, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What did I like the least about my current job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at DSW in April 2014.

Slow orientation, quick interview process, does not really ask you so many questions, very difficult learning new things and do not really teach you step by step, some people are rude and do not give you hours if you mess up once

Interview Questions
    • 2 punch clocking in and clocking out if you punch okay twice while clocking in you have to sign all these papers so they can pay you right   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at DSW.

I was interviewed for a new DSW store that was opening soon. I had two interviews. The first one lasted about a half an hour and was pretty simple and fun. My second interview was only about 15 minutes long and not difficult at all. They both spoke mainly about the store and asked me personal/retail kind of questions.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question to answer was, 'How can rules get in the way of work?'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wyomissing, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Immediately contacted me by email and scheduled an interview. Interview with the store manager went very well. Just asked about former experience, my favorite stores, my experience with customer service and talked about the position at DSW. Offered me a job right then and there. Then 2 weeks later I was scheduled to go to a group orientation at the store which was 4 hours and we learned everything we were suppose to know about giving customer service, signing people up for rewards, checking the shoes etc.

Interview Questions
    • It was a casual conversation it didn't really consist of weird questions it was more of just asking me about my experience and then telling me about the company and position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Charlotte, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Basic questions about your experience with costumer service

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Well I applied online, and the next day I got a phone call to schedule an interview for the following week. My interview process was so smooth, because usually I get nervous but I felt more relaxed with the manager. She asked me questions about my previous work experience, and also asked me questions about how would I react in different scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in March 2014.

I applied online. Filled out an application on February 24th. I got a call the next day to come in that Thursday. I accepted, but due to scheduling conflicts, the interview was moved to Saturday, March 1st.

I was interviewed by the store manager, 1-on-1. The process was quick and efficient. The interview was very positive with not so difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why DSW? Followed up by: What do you know about the company?   View Answer