DSW

Average Difficulty
155 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in April 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was a group interview. Basic questions, just speak up first with a great answer, everyone will just copy you. My second was one on one. Very unusual. I was already a DSW associate in another state, I was just relocating so we just conversed about random stuff.

Interview Question – "What is my favorite store to shop at?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything was via email.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – After applying, within two weeks I was given a interview the following weekend. The interview process was a great experience, and gave me a great overview of this amazing company. I was then called the next day that I was hired. It has so far been a rewarding experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if you caught a fellow associate stealing?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in September 2012.

Interview Details – One face-to-face interview, four hour training session 2 hrs of which watching videos and going over training manual, 15 min break, 1 hour of on the floor tour, 1 hour of floor duty

Interview Question – To name most popular brands when you haven't even started working yet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, accepted minimum offer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – group interview

Interview Question – easy questions, some difficult if no experience   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – I applied in the store before they developed the online application and was offered an interview immediately after I submitted my application. The interview was fairly easy

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Warrensville Heights, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DSW in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was very straight forward. Why do you want to work here? What is a weakness? What is a strength?

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you were in a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered an hourly rate to which I accepted. They asked in the interview what I wanted to be paid, and it was in agreement with what I had requested.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – apply online, take test, and they will contact you if your replies match their needs

Interview Question – they weren't difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate and started pay at $8

Assistant Manager Merchandise Interview

Assistant Manager Merchandise
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Initially called/emailed from store manager to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, I met with store manager and assistant manager and interviewed with them. After that, I needed 'approval' from another store manager, so I interviewed at a totally different DSW store with their store manager. After this, I then interviewed with the District Manager to get the final approval for the job. This process took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult or technical questions. All interviews were to make sure you displayed all company values; passion, humility, collaboration, and accountability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered a fair hourly salary, and no negotiation took place. Offer is made based on experience. Can range from 12.00/hour to 20.00/hour

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DSW in August 2011.

Interview Details – My personal experience was through promotion from part times so my interview process was very different from what it would had I been an outside candidate. I was moved very quickly as I was ready to make the transition.

Interview Question – What qualities are you bringing to a store that you feel the store might be lacking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy. Always ask for $0.50 more than the offer.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Very easy process. Applied online and got a call about a month because they were opening a new store. After I got the call the meeting was a store manager at their flagship store. It was a group interview of about eight candidates. They asked simple questions like why do you want to work here or what's you favorite shoe? After they interview they asked me and another girl to stay everyone else were asked to leave. They sent us to the hr manager for A second interview pretty much asked basic behavioral questions and availability.

Negotiation Details – none whatsoever which was cool since this was my first paid job.