DSW

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DSW in April 2014.

Slow orientation, quick interview process, does not really ask you so many questions, very difficult learning new things and do not really teach you step by step, some people are rude and do not give you hours if you mess up once

Interview Questions
    • 2 punch clocking in and clocking out if you punch okay twice while clocking in you have to sign all these papers so they can pay you right   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DSW.

I was interviewed for a new DSW store that was opening soon. I had two interviews. The first one lasted about a half an hour and was pretty simple and fun. My second interview was only about 15 minutes long and not difficult at all. They both spoke mainly about the store and asked me personal/retail kind of questions.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question to answer was, 'How can rules get in the way of work?'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Immediately contacted me by email and scheduled an interview. Interview with the store manager went very well. Just asked about former experience, my favorite stores, my experience with customer service and talked about the position at DSW. Offered me a job right then and there. Then 2 weeks later I was scheduled to go to a group orientation at the store which was 4 hours and we learned everything we were suppose to know about giving customer service, signing people up for rewards, checking the shoes etc.

Interview Questions
    • It was a casual conversation it didn't really consist of weird questions it was more of just asking me about my experience and then telling me about the company and position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Charlotte, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Basic questions about your experience with costumer service

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Well I applied online, and the next day I got a phone call to schedule an interview for the following week. My interview process was so smooth, because usually I get nervous but I felt more relaxed with the manager. She asked me questions about my previous work experience, and also asked me questions about how would I react in different scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW in March 2014.

I applied online. Filled out an application on February 24th. I got a call the next day to come in that Thursday. I accepted, but due to scheduling conflicts, the interview was moved to Saturday, March 1st.

I was interviewed by the store manager, 1-on-1. The process was quick and efficient. The interview was very positive with not so difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why DSW? Followed up by: What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW.

Short, simple questions. Nice interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    Offered me hourly wage and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Very professional manner; interviewed with the assistant manager. Basically wanted to know the status of my availability and asked about any experience with ringing, etc. Heard back a few days later and accepted!

Interview Questions
    • If a customer accused you of lying, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW.

I went in, asked for an application and filled it in right there. I got a phone call the following week for a group interview. I couldn't make the day that they wanted me in for so they scheduled it for another day. It turned out to be a solo interview which went by okay.

Interview Questions
    • If it was okay with me to do other work besides ringing up customers since apparently they rotate the job duties.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Hourly Interview

There was only one interview for me. They interviewed me as a group. Three people in including myself. They pretty ask you straight-forward questions, like your previous work experiences and list your duties, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask how many shoes you have, how many you own, and shoes questions.   Answer Question