DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

Simple. Applied in-store, spoke with manager briefly then called for an in-person interview. Met in store office. Offered on the spot. Completed paperwork and started shortly after. Met the team at the store prior to starting and learned about different opportunities. No sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Individual interview, not a group interview like I was expecting. Sat in the breakroom with manager and went over the questions. The manager was very friendly, made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you and a coworker had an issue   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team, what did you have to do, and how did it go?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had multiple tasks, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

Received a call for an interview within a few days after filling out online questionnaire. The questionnaire was long and repetitive. Received a call from the store manager within a few days.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Sent an online application in. Had to do a few assessments that were tenuous but nothing horrible. Got a call 2 weeks later saying I got an interview. Went in a few days later and it went well. Was one on one, easy questions. Scheduled a second interview for a week later. Was also easy. Told me I'd get an email about doing a background check if i RECIEVED the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

hiring process was fairly easy, they are willing to train people on registers and customer service. you end up spending most of the day asking people is they want bags, greeting them, and making sure that the shoe displays are organized.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I went in and handed in my application directly to the manager. I got a call back the next day telling me I had an interview. It ended up being a group interview which was good because you could feed off of other peoples answers and they asked questions like "whats your favorite shoe brand and why" and then had you go out on the floor and interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer stealing shoes?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Apply online, got a call within a week. first interview was a group interview with four other candidates and a hiring manager. Second interview was with a hiring manager and. Store manager which lasted about halfan hour.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

Applied online, called for a follow-up and called back a month later for an interview. It was my first interview ever and was really nervous, so I don't think I did very well. Got an email a few days later saying they were pursuing other applicants. Make sure you know what their core values are and be sure to have some situational answers prepared

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

All the process took about two weeks. the interview took about 20-30 minutes. Simple questions about previous experiences and your actions in modeled situations. the training phase took about 8 hours total.
    Overall, easy to get hired by this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW (Glendale, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

They email you an interview to RVSP a spot, sometimes it's an group interview.
    Always 10 mins early they see and write notes before interviews start.
    The interview is about 10-30 mins long
    (Depending how many people they interview together)

Interview Questions

• They ask, did you ever like a supervisor and why, did you disliked a supervisor and why was the reason? How would you take care an angry customer?
      DO YOU LOVE SHOES?

1 Answer

Negotiation

the offer that's was given to me was real good, take the offer you could always ask but they always have good a offer you can't decline.