DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was interviewed by two different locations. I put in back to back, for a span of 9 months. _1st Store I got my first interview call 4 months after putting in. Which was fine, because there was no opening at the time I applied. The manager that was suppose to interview me was not there. He left for launch a couple hours before and never came back. I was left walking around the store. So the assist or second manager finally took it upon herself to interview me. I got asked 5 questions, while standing in the middle of the store. Never got a call back. -2nd Store The second store actually had an opening. Keep in mind this is at least 5 months since my previous interview. I put in and was called within the same month. I was told to come in for an interview same day. I called the manager to ask if the following day was okay. She agreed. I arrived on time, was taking to the back office area. She was very nice asked me just related questions. I fudged up on 2 questions due to nervousness. I was told a background test will be sent over and then she will follow up. YAY I thought I got the job. Well I have yet to get a call back. A couple weeks later I see the same job re-posted on indeed. So now I feel quite foolish. I would love to work at the 2nd store location, but I will not apply again. :-(

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a difficult team member? What does favorite mean to you? What is your favorite restaurant? Are you passive of aggressive ? What is your ideal pay?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW (West Nyack, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It took them a week to call me.The interviewer was nice and she kept it real quick and short. But she told me that 4 other people applied for the job. Everything was good and fun but i didn't get the job at the end of the day so.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Received an e-mail for an interview within a few days after filling out online questionnaires. Also, They asked me a lot of questions about their values. They also had me go out on the floor and interact with customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DSW (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 35 minutes, it was very easy. They didn't ask anything that was hard. I interviewed with one manager, then another manager came and gave me a second interview the same day. The questions were typical retail interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went a extra mile for a customer? Which one of our Values do you mostly identify with? Why DSW? How would you deal with a frustrated customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a couple of weeks later. The first interview was pretty easy and consisted of behavioral questions. The second interview (if you make it) is more intense and is with the store manager. Still waiting to hear back.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Phone interview with one of the managers nd then in person at the store with the store manager. Met in the managers office. They asked me a lot of questions about their balues.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

We met in the office and went through basic get-to-know-you/interview questions. Then we went onto the sales floor. I had to sell the manager a shoe for an imaginary client. I was told directly after that I was hired. It was really easy.

Interview Questions

• I had to sell the manager a shoe for an imaginary client   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

The interview process for DSW for sales associate was not too hard. Basic questions. Friendly interviewer. The hiring process took longer than expected. There were 2 interviews same day lasted and both lasted about 20 minutes. They also require you to take some exams. One is timed and is tricky. The second test is long and easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

Simple. Applied in-store, spoke with manager briefly then called for an in-person interview. Met in store office. Offered on the spot. Completed paperwork and started shortly after. Met the team at the store prior to starting and learned about different opportunities. No sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Individual interview, not a group interview like I was expecting. Sat in the breakroom with manager and went over the questions. The manager was very friendly, made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you and a coworker had an issue   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work as a team, what did you have to do, and how did it go?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had multiple tasks, how did you handle it?   Answer Question