DSW

Getting the Interview

90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mentor, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – the interview was very laid back ,the employer asked questions like "who is your style inspiration" example mine is kate hudson and sandra bullock," why do you want to work for DSW', "what makes you a shoe lover?"

Interview Question – honestly didnt have any hard questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i negotiated the salary and they accepted :)

Very Easy Interview

Orange, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW in April 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application and got a call about a week later to schedule an interview, the co-manager who spoke to me on the phone was extremely friendly and outgoing, and I expected to interview with her. However, I showed up the next week for my interview with the store manager, who made up his mind with the first answer I gave that he was not going to hire me. He first asked about my sales experience, to which I replied that I didn't have any. He seemed surprised by this and continued on to be a bit condescending through the interview, even though my lack of experience was on my job application and they invited me to interview anyway. The questions were very easy, I had no trouble answering them in detail and with enthusiasm. Very typical interview questions; "if you saw this happen..", past experience with handling peoples specific needs, etc. He told me he would need to email me the background check that I would have to sign off on within 24 hours, and said he would get back to me by Monday. I left the office and received a rejection email less than 2 minutes later.

They likely won't hire you if you have no experience in sales, so unfortunately my time was wasted.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at DSW

Interview Details – I complete the application on line and the day after DSW call me for the interview.

Interview Question – No difficult answer or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. Filled out an application on February 24th. I got a call the next day to come in that Thursday. I accepted, but due to scheduling conflicts, the interview was moved to Saturday, March 1st.

I was interviewed by the store manager, 1-on-1. The process was quick and efficient. The interview was very positive with not so difficult questions.

Interview Question – Why DSW? Followed up by: What do you know about the company?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Interview Details – Well I applied online, and the next day I got a phone call to schedule an interview for the following week. My interview process was so smooth, because usually I get nervous but I felt more relaxed with the manager. She asked me questions about my previous work experience, and also asked me questions about how would I react in different scenarios.

Port Charlotte, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at DSW in March 2014.

Interview Details – Basic questions about your experience with costumer service

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a new DSW store that was opening soon. I had two interviews. The first one lasted about a half an hour and was pretty simple and fun. My second interview was only about 15 minutes long and not difficult at all. They both spoke mainly about the store and asked me personal/retail kind of questions.

Interview Question – My most difficult question to answer was, 'How can rules get in the way of work?'   Answer Question

Ramsey, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Short, simple questions. Nice interviewing process.

Interview Question – If you were a shoe what shoe would you be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered me hourly wage and I accepted.

Springfield, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at DSW in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position at DSW at Marple Crossroads on February 21st and was called to schedule an interview a few days later. The interview process was very smooth and comfortable process. The assistant manager who interviewed me did not ask any difficult questions.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at DSW.

Interview Details – Very professional manner; interviewed with the assistant manager. Basically wanted to know the status of my availability and asked about any experience with ringing, etc. Heard back a few days later and accepted!

Interview Question – If a customer accused you of lying, what would you do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DSW

Worked for DSW? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DSW Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 90 interview reviews posted anonymously by DSW employees and interview candidates.