DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSW.

Received a call for an interview within a few days after filling out online questionnaire. The questionnaire was long and repetitive. Received a call from the store manager within a few days.

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Sent an online application in. Had to do a few assessments that were tenuous but nothing horrible. Got a call 2 weeks later saying I got an interview. Went in a few days later and it went well. Was one on one, easy questions. Scheduled a second interview for a week later. Was also easy. Told me I'd get an email about doing a background check if i RECIEVED the job.

Sales Associate Interview

hiring process was fairly easy, they are willing to train people on registers and customer service. you end up spending most of the day asking people is they want bags, greeting them, and making sure that the shoe displays are organized.

Sales Associate Interview

I went in and handed in my application directly to the manager. I got a call back the next day telling me I had an interview. It ended up being a group interview which was good because you could feed off of other peoples answers and they asked questions like "whats your favorite shoe brand and why" and then had you go out on the floor and interact with customers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing shoes?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online, got a call within a week. first interview was a group interview with four other candidates and a hiring manager. Second interview was with a hiring manager and. Store manager which lasted about halfan hour.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DSW.

Applied online, called for a follow-up and called back a month later for an interview. It was my first interview ever and was really nervous, so I don't think I did very well. Got an email a few days later saying they were pursuing other applicants. Make sure you know what their core values are and be sure to have some situational answers prepared

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

All the process took about two weeks. the interview took about 20-30 minutes. Simple questions about previous experiences and your actions in modeled situations. the training phase took about 8 hours total.
    Overall, easy to get hired by this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in November 2014.

They email you an interview to RVSP a spot, sometimes it's an group interview.
    Always 10 mins early they see and write notes before interviews start.
    The interview is about 10-30 mins long
    (Depending how many people they interview together)

Interview Questions
    • They ask, did you ever like a supervisor and why, did you disliked a supervisor and why was the reason? How would you take care an angry customer?
      DO YOU LOVE SHOES?

View Answer
    the offer that's was given to me was real good, take the offer you could always ask but they always have good a offer you can't decline.

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Applied and the manager called me a couple of days later and set up an interview. Only had one interview and then was notified that I got the job not long after and was asked to come in for orientation. Overall the interview and the interview process were both very laid back and short, but that could be just because of the manager I was dealing with as he is generally very laid back compared to others. Not very hard questions, mostly behavioral/situational and asking you about yourself and what you like to do.

Make sure to look up the four DSW values because they will probably ask you about them. My manager asked what they were and what they meant to me, so be able to explain them if they should ask. They are Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, and Humility.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but could be because it was my first real job so I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DSW in October 2014.

After submitting application I recieved a confirmation email and was then directed to take a test. If you pass test your application is sent to the store manager, if you dont pass they do not receive it. Manager then emailed me with a interview date. I then responded to email and agreed to date. Arrived at store and went to front and they knew I was there for the interview. Had to wait about 10 minutes for manager to be available. Brought back to office and interviewed by manager. She told me my score on the test was really good. She asked me questions about my previous job and made jokes and told me about her pets. Wasnt super formal, but still we talked about the important stuff. She asked me to give an example of an experience where a customer was unhappy and how I dealt with it at my previous job. She then showed me a list of all the questions she supposed to ask and said she thought they were ridiculous. Asked me about availability and how long i was planning on staying. She then told me about training processes, what they look for in an employee and company values. Then told me on the spot she would call me later to hire me. Asked me if I had any questions and told me about dress code. Then asked me about pay. Said she would offer a rate when the she called later. Super laid back and nice. I had to meet another manager up in the front of the store, because before hiring you have to meet 2 managers. Both were super nice and sweet! I recieved a call later that day offering me the job and telling me pay.

Interview Questions
    • I wasnt asked anythign difficult. If they ask the by the book questions I imagine its harder. Just be ready to discuss your previous work and examples from it.   View Answer
    Called me and offered job and told me pay. I could either accept or decline. You put what you want to be payed on the application and they gave me more than I asked!