DSW

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.1

122 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

hiring process was fairly easy, they are willing to train people on registers and customer service. you end up spending most of the day asking people is they want bags, greeting them, and making sure that the shoe displays are organized.

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Sales Associate Interview

I went in and handed in my application directly to the manager. I got a call back the next day telling me I had an interview. It ended up being a group interview which was good because you could feed off of other peoples answers and they asked questions like "whats your favorite shoe brand and why" and then had you go out on the floor and interact with customers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a customer stealing shoes?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Apply online, got a call within a week. first interview was a group interview with four other candidates and a hiring manager. Second interview was with a hiring manager and. Store manager which lasted about halfan hour.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DSW.

Applied online, called for a follow-up and called back a month later for an interview. It was my first interview ever and was really nervous, so I don't think I did very well. Got an email a few days later saying they were pursuing other applicants. Make sure you know what their core values are and be sure to have some situational answers prepared

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

All the process took about two weeks. the interview took about 20-30 minutes. Simple questions about previous experiences and your actions in modeled situations. the training phase took about 8 hours total.
    Overall, easy to get hired by this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in November 2014.

They email you an interview to RVSP a spot, sometimes it's an group interview.
    Always 10 mins early they see and write notes before interviews start.
    The interview is about 10-30 mins long
    (Depending how many people they interview together)

Interview Questions
    • They ask, did you ever like a supervisor and why, did you disliked a supervisor and why was the reason? How would you take care an angry customer?
      DO YOU LOVE SHOES?

View Answer
    the offer that's was given to me was real good, take the offer you could always ask but they always have good a offer you can't decline.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Applied and the manager called me a couple of days later and set up an interview. Only had one interview and then was notified that I got the job not long after and was asked to come in for orientation. Overall the interview and the interview process were both very laid back and short, but that could be just because of the manager I was dealing with as he is generally very laid back compared to others. Not very hard questions, mostly behavioral/situational and asking you about yourself and what you like to do.

Make sure to look up the four DSW values because they will probably ask you about them. My manager asked what they were and what they meant to me, so be able to explain them if they should ask. They are Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, and Humility.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but could be because it was my first real job so I didn't attempt to negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DSW.

I applied online, went into the store and introduced myself to the manager. Within the next couple of days I was called to schedule an interview. There are 2 interviews - one with the hiring manager and one with the store manager. They were each close to an hour long. I was asked about the store values and to explain what they meant to me, and to provide examples of times when I felt like I showed those qualities. I was also asked my favorite types/brands of shoes.

Interview Questions
    I was called and offered $9 over the phone. I said that my previous job had paid $9.17, and I had closing and cash register experience and we agreed on $9.25

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in September 2014.

Complete BS taking the extensive assessment test. I wasn't even able to complete the times one. 10 minutes is far to short of a time period to be able to take in each question and find the correct answer. All this for a part time store job is ludicrous and not cost effective. I've had 9 years retail experience and could be a proven asset but because I can't "pass" an assessment test I can't qualify for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The times assessment test was way to complex to think and finish all the questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW in September 2014.

The interview was great. The atmosphere is nice and the people are friendly.
    The interviewer was very clear with the aspects that they want for this opening. They ask why you chose to apply to DSW, How would you help customers, etc...
    They required to work most weekends and assist to clean the Restrooms .

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when there are many people in the store and they also ask you to go to help in the cashier?   Answer Question

the salary was too low