DSW Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2015

3.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I met with the district supervisor and then did a telephone interview with another district supervisor. The interviews were very laid back. The questions were mostly basic but there were some that really challenged me.

Interview Questions

• What would be my first goals upon becoming the store manager.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DSW in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very agressive, did not spend time listening. He over spoke me throughout the entire conversation. I never was made felt unvalued over a phone interview in my career. I feel that this specific recruiter needs to have a refresh course on evaulating talent over the phone. Also, do not use judgemental words, it does not make the interviewee feel valued. Thanks

Interview Questions

• Asked for my background work history , and kept asking I don't get it.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DSW.

Interview

All paperwork is done online. There is a personality test, math and language test. Took me 4 months from application to hire and 6 weeks from offer to start date. This is a really bad place to work the only plus is the shoe discount but you end up spending your whole check here.

Interview Questions

• Depends on who you interview with. Be prepared to talk about bending over backwards for customers and holding people to a high standard. How do you do this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available.Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW (Hampton, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Where to start...... I was contacted by an area manager in regards to interviewing for a store manager position. After the conclusion of the interview, I was asked to speak with the Regional after she returned from being out of town for a week. I was told that it would roughly be Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. On Monday, I called to follow up on the interview process and to see if the interview would still be conducted on Tuesday or Wednesday and if so, what time? The Area manager stated that she would find out and call me back. I did not hear anything from them until the following Monday when she called and asked me to come interview in person with the District Manager. I went to that interview and the next day she called and asked me to interview with the Regional via phone the following week. After I spoke to the Regional, she promised to get back to me that day and that would be the end of this drawn out interview process. I spoke to the Regional who told me that she would circle back to the DM and they would contact me in a day or two. After two days I contacted the area manager who said that she would have to wait until Monday to get back to me. Well...... Its Friday, I reached out via email about the position and still have had not received a response. Ok, I have been a store manager for years and I understand that you cant get every job that you apply for but this has been the most unprofessional interview process that I have ever encountered. It's ok to not get a job, but when you get to the FOURTH interview and a candidate calls to follow up... then at least have the decency and professionalism to inform them that they did not get the position. Don't string people along for two months. For a company that shoves their "values" at you every second they get, they don't seem to follow them so well. Retail is a small world, it's usually a good idea to keep strong candidates(or any candidate for that matter) as a connection... not irritate them to no ends... Stop telling people you will call them back when you know that you wont!!! Leadership 101.... learn how to tackle tough conversations.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You have to go through over 100 online questions, and then if you pass you will get a call from the District manager for a telephone interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DSW in October 2012.

Interview

Unprofessional Company.....They do not have qualified managment running their organization. They are down right rude to their people. I have sought legal advice and will be taking proper action against this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negoiate,

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DSW in January 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then in person with DM. Basic retail manager interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DSW in December 2009.

Interview

Regional Manager interviews EVERY salaried applicant in the REGION. Two interviews required before you get to the District Manager. If you get thru them, then the Regional Manager conducts a gruelling 2 hour interview face to face. Be prepared to know every number associated with your Retail past, be able to talk yourself thru any random question thrown at you in that final interview with the Regional Manager. Don't expect, at any phase of the interviewing process, to know if you even have a shot, including when you leave the final interview with the Regional Manager. Very, very stressful.

Interview Questions

• How will you, personally, drive your store to exceed expectations LY vs TY?   1 Answer
    • Once you get the store on track, what will you do to make it the Number 1 store in the Region?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. One offer and you're done.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DSW in August 2008.

Interview

Many interviews. Many styles. Very loose format.