DTE Energy Engineering Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

The STAR method is used.

Interview Questions
  • giving examples for question like "tell me a time when things didn't go your way"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DTE Energy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took a weekinterviewed at DTE Energy in July 2010.

I was contacted by phone through HR and was given an interview. The interview took place in their headquarters in downtown Detroit. I only had one interview, and this was with a department supervisor and a senior engineer. The questions were pretty standard, nothing really technical was included. The interview is conducted on the STAR system, so answering was not as straightforward as in typical interviews. I strongly advise that candidates practice the STAR interviewing process beforehand, it can be tricky to answer questions if you're not used to it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you knew you weren't going to be able to meet a deadline, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at DTE Energy in August 2009.

There were 2 engineers interviewing me, most of the interview was a personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have to deal with a difficult person, if so describe your actions and outcomes.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DTE Energy in April 2011.

S.T.A.R.S. questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had difficulty working with a group member.   Answer Question