DTE Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at DTE Energy

Interview Details – The STAR method is used.

Interview Question – giving examples for question like "tell me a time when things didn't go your way"   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

The process took 1 week - interviewed at DTE Energy in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone through HR and was given an interview. The interview took place in their headquarters in downtown Detroit. I only had one interview, and this was with a department supervisor and a senior engineer. The questions were pretty standard, nothing really technical was included. The interview is conducted on the STAR system, so answering was not as straightforward as in typical interviews. I strongly advise that candidates practice the STAR interviewing process beforehand, it can be tricky to answer questions if you're not used to it.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you knew you weren't going to be able to meet a deadline, what did you do?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DTE Energy in August 2009.

Interview Details – There were 2 engineers interviewing me, most of the interview was a personality test.

Interview Question – Did you ever have to deal with a difficult person, if so describe your actions and outcomes.   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DTE Energy in April 2011.

Interview Details – S.T.A.R.S. questions

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had difficulty working with a group member.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DTE Energy

Worked for DTE Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DTE Energy Engineering interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by DTE Energy employees and interview candidates.