DTE Energy

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI

I interviewed at DTE Energy in March 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, got 6 questions.

Interview Question – Did you have any conflicts with the former employer or group member? how did you solve it?   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview Details – Phone interview at first, and they kept in good contact throughout the process. My resume was selected and I went on site and interviewed with who ended up being my supervisor. I was given a clear description of my duties.

Interview Question – What is one weakness and when was it shown?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview Details – No interview. Easy application. Hired because I knew someone in HR.

Interview Question – Literally I wasn't interviewed at all.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did an internship there before - it was really boring, not applicable to my major. Easy money but no relevant work experience in my field.

Interviewed at DTE Energy

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a group phone interview where I spoke to two engineers. They walked through my resume first, then proceeded to ask behavioral questions pertaining to my experiences. After the interview, I heard back from DTE within 2 weeks with an offer to join their Co-Op program.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you changed a process to improve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No ngeotiation

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview Details – Was emailed within 15 minutes of submitting resume and set up interview for the following week. There was a discrepancy between the instructions I was given to get into the building which could have been a disaster but ended up with minimal impact.

Things seemed a little unorganized, departments obviously don't have great communication with each other. There were other random people walking in and out of the interview room the entire time, and another intern was taking notes of the answers which was something not expected and completely threw me off.

The ad I applied to did not have information about the job posting that I would consider to be important. (IE job posting led me to believe it was one thing and I was not really told much about the position until midway through the interview. Had I known what exactly they wanted, I would have played up that part of my background instead of glossing over it entirely.)

The department seemed nice and were willing to work around school obligations which I find to be unusual.

There were basic programming logic questions asked. As well as pertinent job experience.

Interview Question – Did not expect super in depth questions about related work experience because it was originally broadcast as an entry level internship in a broad department. Most questions related to former projects. None of the questions asked broached into the apparent real position being offered and as a result I was lectured on all the things I'd need to learn. (Again, the job ad was for a different sub department, I actually did know quite a bit of the things needed for the actual job but was never given the opportunity to talk about it)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DTE Energy in February 2010.

Interview Details – The company called and asked if I was available for a phone interview, if not to schedule a time. The interview asked very basic questions about why you want to work for the company and teamwork skills, nothing to test if you had the knowledge needed for the position. That was the only interview and I was called a few days later and offered the position. Didn't find out who my manager was or which specific group I would be in until new employee orientation.

Interview Question – What experience do you having working in a team oriented environment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation really, there is a set hourly wage depending on your major and year to determine the amount.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DTE Energy

Worked for DTE Energy? Contribute to the Community!