DTE Energy Interview Questions

2.6

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DTE Energy in March 2015.

Applied for the summer co-op position online in January. Got a phone call in March asking me to schedule an interview at their Milford Compressor Station. Pretty basic interview. There were two managers who asked me about my research and then some behavioral questions which were to be responded to in STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Response) format. They said it would take a week to 10 days to hear back. I got a call in 2 days from HR saying that I had been chosen for the position.

Communications Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DTE Energy in February 2015.

Very formal and impersonal interview - need to understand STAR format. I received an email to fill out a background document and then was invited to do an in person interview. I interviewed with three individuals. They asked a few background questions of me and then launched into the STAR format, scenario-based questions. Following the interview, I had to take a one hour writing test.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me a time you had to complete a project with everyone against you   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Campus Career Fair at school in the fall. The recruiter was very nice and helpful. He tried to help me out as much as possible. Seems like a really cool company and a great place to work.

Operations Analyst Interview

Went very well, good interview, waiting to hear back soon. the people were professional and asked normal questions. Waiting to hear back from them now.Seems like a good company to work for.

Student Co-Op Interview

A career fair came to our university applied through there. Process took 2 weeks for interview date. After interview they called and said i was accepted. Interview was with 3 people but one of them wasn't able to make it. They try to make you nervous by writing on their papers after and through the process of answering them. Great Human resources representatives they make sure everything on your application is right to be able to proceed.

Interview Questions
    • Fair questions not technical. Mostly about your past experience   Answer Question
    Fixed

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DTE Energy in November 2014.

The company usually hire from within, every year they have over 7 thru 15 applicants. They only take about 3 to 4. There is alot of favoritism there, but everyone has a chance, be unique. All the questions they ask you the star method questions. There is no technical questions. you are interview by 3 mangers from different field. They take a long process to decide. In my case it took 2 months.

Safety/IH Engineer Interview

Very straight forward process using S.T.A.R behaviorial questions. They wanted to know what actions you took as an individual in certain situations regarding work related matters. As you are explaining your experience, the interviewers are writing down your response, there is little eye contact during this process.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever gone against procedure, in order to meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Co-Op/Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DTE Energy.

Used the S.T.A.R. interviewing system, which stands for situation or task action you took, and results you acheived. Interview was very systematic with the interviewer constantly taking notes and showing no inclination of whether your answer was acceptable most of the time.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you used technical knowledge to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    I was given an un-negotiable offer and accepted, as Co-Ops are payed based upon their current standing in college (Junior, Senior, etc) and the pay rate is non-negotiable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DTE Energy in April 2014.

It was all behavioral, there were no technical questions at all. They just asked the usual questions you would expect like telling about a time where I had a team project and something went wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself?
      Tell us about a time where you had a team project and there was a problem. What did you do?

Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DTE Energy in February 2014.

Good communication through the process