DTE Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

Interview over the phone and then tried to answer their questions. I believe they followed the STARs format, so look into that for further info. Also, be sure to mention your course experience if you have never had a job in your major before. this helped make up for my lack of job experience.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

straight forward, there are looking for right candidate for the job. interview continued for 30 mins. The overall experience was positive. there were some behavioral questions such as tell me a difficult moment.

Senior Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy.

Interview

The process consisted of a pre-hire assessment, phone interview and an in-person panel interview. The process seemed fair. There was also an opportunity to talk about highlights from your resume and ask questions at the end.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I worked with a recruiter as well as HR directly. First I took a personality quiz, then I had a phone interview about 3 weeks later and another 3 weeks later I had a 3.5 hour face to face interview. The interview was broken into 4 parts. I had 2 - 1 hour panel interviews, then I had a 45 min interview with a VP and finally the last 45 mins was with the director.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen and was then invited to an in person interview. It was an unnecessarily long interview. I met with several different employees. The interview took up most of my day. A lot of redundant questions were asked. The questions were not difficult.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Milford, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the summer co-op position online in January. Got a phone call in March asking me to schedule an interview at their Milford Compressor Station. Pretty basic interview. There were two managers who asked me about my research and then some behavioral questions which were to be responded to in STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Response) format. They said it would take a week to 10 days to hear back. I got a call in 2 days from HR saying that I had been chosen for the position.

Vibration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Newport, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

They really want to know what makes you tick. Mainly they will ask situational questions. They will ask you about a time when you faced difficulty on the job and will want to know how you deal with adversity. It would be best to walk into this interview with fresh/relevant stories of recent experiences where you overcame difficult problems on the job alone and with team members/co-workers. Do not lie because it will show through, that is why they ask you to recall your experiences in detail. Having you describe your experience says a lot about how you think and interpret situations on the job as well as how you will react in the future.

Interview Questions

• How do you behave in a team environment?   1 Answer
    • Are you a good leader?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation phase. Glad I got the job though!

Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

60 minutes shoehorned into the smallest conference room with 3 interviewers. Each has a list of vaguely relevant questions, to which they are expecting answers strictly in the STAR format. Anything outside of this technique is met with confusion. At my interview, it was clear that the interviewers were not familiar with the resume they had been provided. They were so focused on the mechanics of the interview questions, they did not pay much attention to the answers. I was not hired due to lack of experience in a large corporate environment (despite working at General Motors for 7 years).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to build an alliance, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Communications Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Very formal and impersonal interview - need to understand STAR format. I received an email to fill out a background document and then was invited to do an in person interview. I interviewed with three individuals. They asked a few background questions of me and then launched into the STAR format, scenario-based questions. Following the interview, I had to take a one hour writing test.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time you had to complete a project with everyone against you   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a HR, did a phone screen, and then got a call again later that day to do a on-site interview at there Detroit Headquarters. I was told that the interview was going to be a STAR method interview, and that I would be meeting with the hiring manager for the position. HR person couldn't tell me anytime about what the job for, or what the duties were for, so I really had no idea on what I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Questions were just looking at identifying your technical understanding of engineering disciplines. Tell me about a time you solved a problem.   Answer Question