DTS

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.7

Attorney Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DTS.

Phone call w/ HR went smoothly and easily. Scheduled a call with the General Counsel the subsequent week. Cleared 1.5 hours from my schedule to take the GC's call. The conversation was excellent and professional about expectations in the position, background, skills, etc. Followed up with a thank you email. No response. Followed up with a status update email a week later. No response. Unfortunately, after spending 1.5 hours of mutual time together discussing this job, no one ever followed up with me for 2 months. At the very least, HR could have sent me an email saying "No thanks." Highly unprofessional and rude.

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume, wait 2 weeks. HR replies, schedules phone interview, wait 1 week. Interview, wait 2 weeks. Schedule phone interview with boss, wait week. Talk to boss, get a test assignment, work on it for a day, submit, wait a week...
    It seems to be unending, not really serious or just unfocused, certainly unprofessional. Just expect to wait forever without feedback every step of the way.

IT Manager Interview

Poorly worded questions that do not relate to the real duties of the position.

DIrector Organization Development and Learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calabasas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DTS in December 2011.

Kristin Metchis, Senior Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin. She was personable and professional, fully explaining the position, the organization climate, culture and history.
    She was very results-oriented, quickly scheduling interviews with the hiring manager and key customers. The onboarding process is one of the best I have experienced.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was two - fold:
      What role would I take in crafting a change/redesign plan to assist the organization through a major change. Was I successful? If so, how and if not, what did I learn from the experience.

Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my starting salary, bumping it up by 15%. Stock and RSUs offered were very competitive and I did not negotiate.