DTT Surveillance

Updated Nov 20, 2014

1.9

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DTT Surveillance.

I received a phone call and, later, a Skype interview with the management team, but not the executive team. That's it. However, this media won't allow me to submit the information unless I add at least 30 more words. In essence, if the interview process is THIS easy and short?!?!...you can bet it's not something that is worth the effort or a long term commitment.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have experience recruiting the Loss Prevention?"   View Answer
    I was told the position paid $16/hour with $100 per each successfully recruited individual. I knew this was a very low figure for my credentials but took it to bridge the gap between contracts and FT employment with an employer I sought. What they didn't tell me (or the other person) is that they hired two Recruiters which HALVED the earning potential. Both of us knew the position was only fulfilling a "bridge" and knew that either we would be terminated once they filled the positions or we had better offers. Once both of us left, we saw other ads for this position that were offering an even LOWER hourly wage. It's embarrassing how this company pinches your nipples while stealing pennies from your purse.

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DTT Surveillance in January 2014.

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview a week later. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and went fairly smoothly. I was informed that I would possibly receive a request for an in-person interview within a week since the company big wigs were flying in to the new facility in the city I live in the very next week (they wanted to interview everyone for the newly opened positions themselves since they are primarily based in Los Angeles).

Sure enough, not even a week later, I receive another email asking if I could come in and meet with the company's CTO for an interview. Of course I could! I met with the CTO this past Monday (literally, yesterday as I'm writing this). The CTO had pretty much just woken up not even 30 minutes before he met me and was yawning almost the entire time. I was paranoid about it at first and mistook it for disinterest/boredom, until he jovially explained that he had a late night the night before and he apologized for his yawning. He ended up being very down-to-earth, making me more and more comfortable as the interview continued. He was very in-depth with each answer he gave me when it came time for me to ask him questions about the company and position itself. The interview ended after a good 30 minutes or so after which he gave me the customary, "Well, I have a few more people I have to interview today, but I will tell you that we will be making our decision VERY soon because this position needs to be filled right away." I left feeling relieved that the interview was over, and I was very curious to see if I had made an impact on this guy or not.

I had expected to hear from the company sometime later this week about their decision; however, I got a phone call today/Tuesday (literally, the day after the interview) from the CTO himself. He was in a good mood and asked what I was up to. I told him I was finishing up with some grocery shopping with my roommate. He jokingly asked if we bought any beer (I really like the guy now). I said, "Nah, not today." to which his response was, "Well, anyway. You want a job?". I sputtered my response in the affirmative and, voila: position acquired!

Interview Questions
    • He didn't really throw any curve balls at me, technology-wise (which is what I was expecting). He did state the importance of having IT certifications more than once in the interview, though. I have an Associates in Networking and Cyber Security I've just obtained, and I'm working on my Bachelors in IT with a Network Administration emphasis, which impressed him, but he really drove home the point that I'm going to need to work on getting some certs knocked out to be of continued use to the company. I informed him that I just acquired a CIW Web Design Specialist certification a few months ago and that I am finishing up my studies for the CIW JavaScript Specialist certification at the moment. He appreciated these, but he really wanted me to start shooting for my CCNA so I could then move up in the company. I happily informed him that I would indeed be obtaining my CCNA cert by the beginning of summer of this year, and that obtaining the certification is a requirement of my current University's IT program.   Answer Question
    Don't low-ball yourself (obviously). They'll work with you based on your experience (my IT degree didn't factor too much into it; it just got me the interview). The initial guy I interviewed with gave me an hourly rate range and emphasized it was based solely on my experience in the IT field (of which I don't have much, professionally). When I interviewed with the CTO, he asked me what I was looking for. I said, "Well, I don't want to sell myself short, but I also realize that simply having a college degree doesn't amount for much these days. Especially in the IT field." He and I came to an amount quickly and easily that satisfied us both.

QC Installer Interview

Easy Interview if your honest and tell them what you know. You have to have some background in IT and Networking. They also provide training so if you don't understand something be honest.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DTT Surveillance in July 2013.

Initial screen call, initial interview then final interview.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you successful that is different than any other candidate?   Answer Question
    Piece a cake.

Las Vegas Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DTT Surveillance in June 2013.

I knew there was a problem, when the company didn't ask for a drug test prior to hiring. My interview appointment was 2 hours after schedule time, and lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • No real formality to their questions. They explained I would be doing the same duties that matched my experience.   View Answer
    They wanted me to provide a list of my expected duties, yet after I was hired they put me in a different position all together. They offered medical, but the rates were based from another state, which was higher than the standard medical rated in the state I lived in.

Install Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DTT Surveillance in June 2013.

I was ask what I know about networking and port forwarding. was also asked why I'm leaving my current employer. They also ask you why you can make the difference working in your last job. Furthermore, they ask you how you deal with your customer. Just make sure you always wrap it up with "is there anything else we can do for you?" because it impresses the management.

Interview Questions
    • Follow ups to each answered question. question depends on how you answered the last question.   Answer Question
    Offer letter was sent by email, but have to decide whether I leave or stay at my current job since they counteroffered.

QC Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DTT Surveillance in June 2013.

It was actually pretty good, my Interviewer just sat down and asked me a few important questions about networking and computers to gauge my experience, once he had me all figured out we got along and I got hired. he was very honest and forward.

Interview Questions
    • nothing I didn't expect, I knew what I was applying for.   View Answer
    Well I hate telling my previous salary before knowing how much the starting pay is. They understood why I felt that way and we found a fare wage for both of us.

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DTT Surveillance in July 2010.

The interview process was smooth. I received a call from HR for a phone screen and was set up with an on-site interview. At the interview I meet with the VP of Loss Prevention and HR manager. The interview went well and got an offer that day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about previous work experience and internal cases I worked. It was an easy and pleasant interview.   Answer Question
    The starting pay rate was competitive to that of an LP agent pay. I was told of the incentives program which really sold it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DTT Surveillance in February 2012.