DTT Surveillance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Loss Prevention Specialist
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DTT Surveillance in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth. I received a call from HR for a phone screen and was set up with an on-site interview. At the interview I meet with the VP of Loss Prevention and HR manager. The interview went well and got an offer that day.

Interview Question – I was asked about previous work experience and internal cases I worked. It was an easy and pleasant interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting pay rate was competitive to that of an LP agent pay. I was told of the incentives program which really sold it.

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DTT Surveillance in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial screen call, initial interview then final interview.

Interview Question – What makes you successful that is different than any other candidate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Piece a cake.

Las Vegas Support Interview

Las Vegas Support
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DTT Surveillance in June 2013.

Interview Details – I knew there was a problem, when the company didn't ask for a drug test prior to hiring. My interview appointment was 2 hours after schedule time, and lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Question – No real formality to their questions. They explained I would be doing the same duties that matched my experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They wanted me to provide a list of my expected duties, yet after I was hired they put me in a different position all together. They offered medical, but the rates were based from another state, which was higher than the standard medical rated in the state I lived in.

Help Desk Interview

Help Desk
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DTT Surveillance in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview a week later. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and went fairly smoothly. I was informed that I would possibly receive a request for an in-person interview within a week since the company big wigs were flying in to the new facility in the city I live in the very next week (they wanted to interview everyone for the newly opened positions themselves since they are primarily based in Los Angeles).

Sure enough, not even a week later, I receive another email asking if I could come in and meet with the company's CTO for an interview. Of course I could! I met with the CTO this past Monday (literally, yesterday as I'm writing this). The CTO had pretty much just woken up not even 30 minutes before he met me and was yawning almost the entire time. I was paranoid about it at first and mistook it for disinterest/boredom, until he jovially explained that he had a late night the night before and he apologized for his yawning. He ended up being very down-to-earth, making me more and more comfortable as the interview continued. He was very in-depth with each answer he gave me when it came time for me to ask him questions about the company and position itself. The interview ended after a good 30 minutes or so after which he gave me the customary, "Well, I have a few more people I have to interview today, but I will tell you that we will be making our decision VERY soon because this position needs to be filled right away." I left feeling relieved that the interview was over, and I was very curious to see if I had made an impact on this guy or not.

I had expected to hear from the company sometime later this week about their decision; however, I got a phone call today/Tuesday (literally, the day after the interview) from the CTO himself. He was in a good mood and asked what I was up to. I told him I was finishing up with some grocery shopping with my roommate. He jokingly asked if we bought any beer (I really like the guy now). I said, "Nah, not today." to which his response was, "Well, anyway. You want a job?". I sputtered my response in the affirmative and, voila: position acquired!

Interview Question – He didn't really throw any curve balls at me, technology-wise (which is what I was expecting). He did state the importance of having IT certifications more than once in the interview, though. I have an Associates in Networking and Cyber Security I've just obtained, and I'm working on my Bachelors in IT with a Network Administration emphasis, which impressed him, but he really drove home the point that I'm going to need to work on getting some certs knocked out to be of continued use to the company. I informed him that I just acquired a CIW Web Design Specialist certification a few months ago and that I am finishing up my studies for the CIW JavaScript Specialist certification at the moment. He appreciated these, but he really wanted me to start shooting for my CCNA so I could then move up in the company. I happily informed him that I would indeed be obtaining my CCNA cert by the beginning of summer of this year, and that obtaining the certification is a requirement of my current University's IT program.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't low-ball yourself (obviously). They'll work with you based on your experience (my IT degree didn't factor too much into it; it just got me the interview). The initial guy I interviewed with gave me an hourly rate range and emphasized it was based solely on my experience in the IT field (of which I don't have much, professionally). When I interviewed with the CTO, he asked me what I was looking for. I said, "Well, I don't want to sell myself short, but I also realize that simply having a college degree doesn't amount for much these days. Especially in the IT field." He and I came to an amount quickly and easily that satisfied us both.

QC Installer Interview

QC Installer
Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DTT Surveillance in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was actually pretty good, my Interviewer just sat down and asked me a few important questions about networking and computers to gauge my experience, once he had me all figured out we got along and I got hired. he was very honest and forward.

Interview Question – nothing I didn't expect, I knew what I was applying for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well I hate telling my previous salary before knowing how much the starting pay is. They understood why I felt that way and we found a fare wage for both of us.

QC Installer Interview

QC Installer

Interviewed at DTT Surveillance

Interview Details – Easy Interview if your honest and tell them what you know. You have to have some background in IT and Networking. They also provide training so if you don't understand something be honest.

Install Quality Inspector Interview

Install Quality Inspector
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DTT Surveillance in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was ask what I know about networking and port forwarding. was also asked why I'm leaving my current employer. They also ask you why you can make the difference working in your last job. Furthermore, they ask you how you deal with your customer. Just make sure you always wrap it up with "is there anything else we can do for you?" because it impresses the management.

Interview Question – Follow ups to each answered question. question depends on how you answered the last question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer letter was sent by email, but have to decide whether I leave or stay at my current job since they counteroffered.

Manager Interview

Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DTT Surveillance in February 2012.

Interview Details – good great excellent and thes best

Interview Question – Communication and technical skills   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DTT Surveillance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DTT Surveillance interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by DTT Surveillance employees and interview candidates.