DTZ Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.6

Administrative Opportunity Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DTZ.

The hiring process and interview process were very unorganized. A minimum of 6 e-mails back and forth to schedule one interview. When I arrived at the office, I waited for 20 minutes before I was greeted. Then, once the interview began, it was over so fast I for sure thought I didn't get the job.

I was left waiting for almost 40 minutes until someone came to get me from a spare office to take me to the next person. which never happened. I waited and waited, until someone from HR finally greeted me and asked me when I could start.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DTZ.

Interviewed at a company office 3 times over about a month and a half, first with recruiter, then a VP then two SVP/EVP level types. First interview was a general overview to gauge interest and qualifications, next interview was slightly more detailed with a broker, I asked most of the questions. Final high level interviews seemed to in order to get approval before moving ahead with an offer. I ask lots of questions at each interview and was, at least I think, communicative and engaging. Went well. Come to interviews really knowing what they look for in candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you will succeed in a highly competitive job as this?   View Answer

Corporate Real Estate Brokerage Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DTZ.

Overall a pretty short preliminary interview. Asked questions about college experiences and extra-curricular involvement. Had questions about the most challenging part of college experience. Professional group of people, seemed like the culture was full of go-getters seeking success. They seem to be looking for people willing to commit to the long term as corporate real estate brokers.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing you dealt with during your college years?   Answer Question

Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DTZ in October 2014.

The interview process was organized. Most of the communication was done through e-mail. When it came time for the interview, I was invited to the facility. Instead of getting a conference space the process was conducted in a relatively quiet cafeteria area to due to the high use of conference spaces.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DTZ in April 2014.

It was very laid back. I found the position on their website and applied online. I received an email back soon after I applied. I was interviewed within the same week. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely nice and encouraging. The whole process was fairly quick. I met with each broker individually. They called references, did a background check, drug test and I had to do an Aptitude test. The Aptitude test was pretty hard.

Interview Questions
    • How are you qualified for this position?   View Answer

Finance Manager IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DTZ.

There was never an interview, and that is the whole point. I received a succession of emails from someone at this company, first asking me if I could talk on a specific day (no time); I replied, they didn't reply for two days, then they came back and again asked if I could talk at an unspecified time on a particular day, and never got back to me. Completely amateur and rude outfit

Calibration Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DTZ.

A series of phone interviews, most of which included talking to several people on speake phone. Pretty standard stuff, some behavioral questions and a few simple technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how i generally approach troubleshooting a problem. Seemed too broad to answer appropriately.   Answer Question

Office Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DTZ in October 2010.

After submitting my application I received a phone call from the site manager to set up a 30 minute phone interview. A few days after our phone interview I was asked to meet face to face for an interview at the contract site with site manager and account manager. Very relaxed, personable people.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions about personal strengths and weaknesses, name a challenge you successfully overcame etc.   Answer Question
    Not negotiation. Offer was an higher than average market rate.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at DTZ.

Shortlisted through a recruitment agency. Really strange interview process - I was probably only asked one (maybe two) competency based questions and then just asked to generally talk through my CV. I was rejected based on the fact that I didn't have never recruited for the roles they were looking for the incumbent to recruit for - clearly this would have been visible from my CV

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DTZ in July 2014.

Got a call from a Consultant. Resume was shortlisted after a month. First round of interview was Telephonic with a Manager in Australia, that included general profile based question with Roles & Responsibilities handled. But interestingly the manager asked to completed a Case Study within 2 days and revert. The Case study was on Retail Business Process where he asked to create a Business Requirement Document & Software Requirement Document. I created it with lot of efforts and sent on Time.
    - Got selected for the second round of Interview directly with General Manager. But this was very unprofessional interview where he again asked about the roles & responsibilities I worked and some project details. He was not at all professional and was not even like a General Manager of Company. Interview finished in 10 mins. And obviously it was a NO with no feedback reason given.
    - Very unprofessional and waste of time to give interview.