DaVita

Updated Jul 20, 2014

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in June 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter, who then had me take an online test. Make sure you have a calculator handy. The test asks about scheduling and ordering of supplies, and how would you handle various scenarios as a manager. Easy enough test. I then interviewed with the regional operations director, then the group facility administrator, I still have another interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
  • They wanted to know why I wanted to work for Davita since I have so much experience in another field.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita.

I am still going through the process and will come back and post as the process continues. I spoke to a leadership recruiter who was very nice and seemed eager to have me succeed. The quoted salary was ridiculously low for the responsibilities but she indicated if I interviewed well, they might eb able to offer more. After 2 brief telephone chats I was scheduled for the online assessment and then scheduled for an interview with a facility hiring manager (not the facility I applied for).

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment was odd so be prepared. There are some scheduling questions, math/calculation questions, logics. Most of these can be done using a calculator and reading the graph, chart. There are grids asking about staff/patient ratios that you have to interpret. This section is timed and the questions are not always clear. You have enough time (I finished with 20 mins to spare), so think, breathe and go slowly. There is a timer. The next set of questions are behavioral: how do you make decisions, are you a leader/follower, are you a team player etc. For these the "desired" answers are pretty obvious.   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

The whole process was very long...it sometimes took weeks between steps. I was also asked to travel very far for an interview (2+ hours away) and then sat through 2 panels that asked essentially all the same questions. The interview also consisted of many very personal questions that didn't seem to relate to the job.

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DaVita.

First received a phone interview which covered basic questions. I was then sent a timed test to complete. Questions ranged from managing 'bed counts' at a hospital to scenario based questions with teammates. I presume the purpose was to gauge how effective I was at managing obstacles while also evaluating my management style. Once completed, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the ROD. After passing that phase, I entered the last phase of the process which was an interview with the ROD and HR Director.

Interview Questions
    • On the test...a question surrounded scheduling delivery trucks at the loading dock of a hospital. given the fact that I was applying for an administrative position at a clinic, I couldn't see to correlation   Answer Question
    Initially, I was not given an offer as I was told they preferred to go with an RN.

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DaVita.

Applied online for a Facility Administrator position. I was first contacted by email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview.

The interview went well. There were the standard questions and a time to ask questions, the recruiter was able to answer most of them since she was in good contact with the hiring manager. The interview took about 25 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita in October 2012.

Lengthy and unorganized. The length could have been tolerated in order to ensure a good fit, however, senior management extremely unprofessionally by not following up with expected communication in a timely manner. Unclear and conflicting information was given frequently by several people. It seemed that they were unorganized and lacked good communication even amongst themselves and this was very evident.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, however, the company advertises a stellar work environment in terms of culture and values that they deemed critical to employment yet was not followed by senior management at all.   Answer Question
    negotiations were reasonable but nothing was followed through on after hire. In fact, they made it quite difficult to perform your job duties due to the unorganized manner of their training and the unwillingness of senior management to intervene and/or resolve those difficulties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita in September 2012.

Recruiter contacted me sent me a link for a test. Followed with phone interview + 3 more interviews. All interview were streamlined and constant communication with hiring administrator.

Interview Questions
    • nothing to difficult. Alot of "give me an example when ...." questions   Answer Question
    They made an offer, I counteroffered, they agreed to my counteroffer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DaVita in July 2012.

The interview process was long and methodical. All in all I had five interviews, but the interviewers kept constant touch the whole way. There is a sense of togetherness that set this process apart from most.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you past research on our company.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

Very bad company to work for. Not ethical

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita in October 2011.

Attended an Open House and had face to face interviews on site with a Recruiting Manager, Facility Administrator and Operations Director. I also spoke with the Regional VP of Operations during the process. I was directed to officially apply through their website for a specific position and told the formalities & legal requirements had to be taken care of, but an offer would definitely be made. I completed the application the same day and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interviewer actually commented about management already making their hiring decision and seemed to feel slighted about not being part of the decision. I had to follow up with the Recruiting Manager in order to receive the on-line assessment that the recruiter kept claiming to have sent. I finally received it (4 days later) and completed it immediately.

After the assessment, I interviewed with a Group Facility Administrator and continued on to interview with a Regional Operations Director. During this whole process, I continued to get phone calls to schedule interviews for different facilities and departments in the same company. No one seemed to be communicating internally about their applicant tracking and they had no idea I was already in the interview process. During the process it was clear that some managers were very new to the interviewing process for management. The more I interviewed, the more questionable the company became. There was a definite lack of cohesiveness on the clinical level and my questions about the type of and amount of support available to ensure success of a clinic were met with answers of “You’re considered the mini-CEO of your facility”. I took the responses to mean, support would be minimal at best. After emailing back and forth for over a month with the ROD and continuously being told I would hear something either in a few days or the next week, I gave up. This also affirmed my concern about their straightforwardness, rather their lack of it.

About 3-4 weeks later, I received a call for yet another interview, for the same position. I reluctantly went. All of the questions asked were a regurgitation of questions I’d been asked on the previous interviews and this time there were 2 interviewers. I was told my interview was flawless and that I was obviously well prepared, trained and qualified. Toward the end of the interview they tried to convince me to take a Tech position to “get your foot in the door” reasoning that “the job market is terrible right now and you could quickly move up into a management position”. I was told that if I would take the Tech position at $17/hr, I would be handed the papers to sign on the spot. The interviewer actually said, “Well, only you know what your breaking point is and when that time comes where you’ll have to just take something. Ask yourself if you’re at that point.” The same interviewer boasted about their current position being the 3rd one held within the past 18months – 2yrs. This was a red flag for me about the company’s stability and training. I was then asked an illegal interview question and one of the interviewers stated, “I probably shouldn’t have asked that but, if it ever comes back, it would be our word against yours anyway”. After this unbelievable statement, both interviewers laughed about it and the same one stated, “Oh yeah and Integrity is one of our core values”. Then they laughed again! I thanked them for the interview and without asking any other questions, I left. I didn’t ask for a business card, follow up, or ever want to hear from this company again.

Interview Questions
    • If there's a Dr. that refuses your recommendations, how would you persuade them?   Answer Question