DaVita

2.8

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita in October 2011.

Attended an Open House and had face to face interviews on site with a Recruiting Manager, Facility Administrator and Operations Director. I also spoke with the Regional VP of Operations during the process. I was directed to officially apply through their website for a specific position and told the formalities & legal requirements had to be taken care of, but an offer would definitely be made. I completed the application the same day and received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interviewer actually commented about management already making their hiring decision and seemed to feel slighted about not being part of the decision. I had to follow up with the Recruiting Manager in order to receive the on-line assessment that the recruiter kept claiming to have sent. I finally received it (4 days later) and completed it immediately.

After the assessment, I interviewed with a Group Facility Administrator and continued on to interview with a Regional Operations Director. During this whole process, I continued to get phone calls to schedule interviews for different facilities and departments in the same company. No one seemed to be communicating internally about their applicant tracking and they had no idea I was already in the interview process. During the process it was clear that some managers were very new to the interviewing process for management. The more I interviewed, the more questionable the company became. There was a definite lack of cohesiveness on the clinical level and my questions about the type of and amount of support available to ensure success of a clinic were met with answers of “You’re considered the mini-CEO of your facility”. I took the responses to mean, support would be minimal at best. After emailing back and forth for over a month with the ROD and continuously being told I would hear something either in a few days or the next week, I gave up. This also affirmed my concern about their straightforwardness, rather their lack of it.

About 3-4 weeks later, I received a call for yet another interview, for the same position. I reluctantly went. All of the questions asked were a regurgitation of questions I’d been asked on the previous interviews and this time there were 2 interviewers. I was told my interview was flawless and that I was obviously well prepared, trained and qualified. Toward the end of the interview they tried to convince me to take a Tech position to “get your foot in the door” reasoning that “the job market is terrible right now and you could quickly move up into a management position”. I was told that if I would take the Tech position at $17/hr, I would be handed the papers to sign on the spot. The interviewer actually said, “Well, only you know what your breaking point is and when that time comes where you’ll have to just take something. Ask yourself if you’re at that point.” The same interviewer boasted about their current position being the 3rd one held within the past 18months – 2yrs. This was a red flag for me about the company’s stability and training. I was then asked an illegal interview question and one of the interviewers stated, “I probably shouldn’t have asked that but, if it ever comes back, it would be our word against yours anyway”. After this unbelievable statement, both interviewers laughed about it and the same one stated, “Oh yeah and Integrity is one of our core values”. Then they laughed again! I thanked them for the interview and without asking any other questions, I left. I didn’t ask for a business card, follow up, or ever want to hear from this company again.

Interview Questions
  • If there's a Dr. that refuses your recommendations, how would you persuade them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DaVita in July 2011.

I appiled for an FA position in my area. Within 3 days I was contacted to conduct a telephonic interview. The interview consisted of leadership and management questions. I then completed an asessment online. Waiting to here back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DaVita in May 2011.

Well, I am in the beginning stages as we speak. I had the initial phone interview a few days ago. I was told to wait for the regional Director to call and set up an interview. The phone interview was very basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in January 2011.

Spoke to a great Leadership Recruiter. She asked me to take an online assessment. After that, she arranged a phone interview with the Regional Operations Director. Had a 1:1 interview with Regional Operations Director, and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario where you had to earn your team's trust?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in August 2010.

Two phone interviews (Recruiting, and Regional Director), then an in-person interview with the Regional Director and People Services Manager, which led to an interview with the Division Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • Which of our core values is most important to you?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate in the very beginning, but once we reached the level of the Regional Director, the pay rate was set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in June 2010.

The recruiter I was interviewed by was superb, very professional and was able to "sell" the company to me. Rarely you enjoy an interview, but I did in every aspect of it. Great communication & follow-through, quick response and positive & professional attitude.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interviews are heavily based on company mission, vision and core values. Know about DaVita before you'll interview, for all management positions be prepared to do an on-line assessment - critical thinking, good judgement, operations, decision making skills, talent management, finances, project & time management.   Answer Question
    Company always offers/presents the lowest salaries/rates possible, but is able & can pay well. I've negotiated nice salary, so no complaints, but several co-workers are below what I make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita in April 2010.

I applied online to several locations all over the US. Only some of the facilities are taking MBAs rather than RNs for this position. I was emailed by a recruiter saying "I'm sorry we are having trouble connecting via phone"...this was the first time anyone had contacted me. After a game of phone tag I finally got through the first phase of interviews with the recruiter. Completed the online questions that focused on time management and leadership traits.
     Then waited another 3 weeks to interview with the Regional Operations Director, then 2 more weeks to speak to a current FA in the area. Recruiters response time was between 2-5 days via email or phone.
    Everyone was VERY nice but I had to make a move quickly and the way to move quickly is to get a faster recruiter from what I see. So I did just that.
    In the mean time I began the process with another DaVita recruiter for the Florida region and have had two phone interviews and am scheduled for an onsite interview next week.
    Questions were:
    "tell me about yourself" is always the first question. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult employee, how do you describe your leadership style, what dialysis experience do you have, what makes you think you are right for this position, what brings you to this city?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in March 2010.

The initial screening is a typical rude HR screener looking for keywords straight out of the job description, vision, mission, and values. Just weave their words in your responses to the typical screening questions. Also, write down answers to typical questions such as your worse experience handling problem employees.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions.   View Answer
    • Typical questions such as describe how you handled a difficult employee   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita in January 2009.

Initial communication was through a networking connection. I interviewed with a Group Facility Administrator and a Regional Operations Director in training. I next interviewed with the Regional Operations Director and the Human Resources Manager. The third interview was with the Divisional Vice President, members of the clinic team, and the onsite physician.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all standard situational questions   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in August 2012.

Initially, a 45 minute phone interview by Corporate HR Leadership Recruiter
    Followed by a 50 minute face to face interview with the Regional Operations Director
    Then a face to face interview with the Group Facility Administrator that took almost an hour.
    Finally, I had a face to face interview with one of the other Facility Administrators, that took place at the clinic I was interviewing for. The interview was informal, she was doing her paperwork while "interviewing" me.

After all the interviews and three weeks later of hearing nothing, I received and e-mail saying they were "moving forward with more qualified candidates for the role".

My only gripe is after the numerous interviews, a phone call would have been the respectful thing to do.

Interview Questions
    • If you had an employee violate policy what would you do.   Answer Question