DaVita Finance Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I started with an on-campus interview for a different role and was referred over to interview for the Finance Manager role instead. As a result, the time between that first interview and my starting date was two months, and I interviewed with 10 separate people.

The first interview was very much behavioral. DaVita values company culture, so they want to make sure you have the right personality type for the position. The second interview (which technically was my third) consisted of two parts. The first was a simulation. I was asked to prepare a 15 minute presentation on something I had accomplished in one of my previous jobs. I presented to four people in various levels of management and, during the presentation, they consistently stopped me to ask questions and attempt to poke holes in anything they could do so. The intent was to simulate an actual meeting - in this role, team members direct meetings with upper management and must be comfortable with the stop-and-go type of presentation.

The second part of that interview was with three separate people in a one-on-one environment. If you're chosen to move on to the next stage, you have phone or in-person interviews with upper management.

If you pass all of that, you then submit information for DaVita to check out your background - education records, job references, credit check, drug test, etc.

And then if you pass that, you get hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do people trust you?   1 Answer
  • What can you infer about our asset utilization strategy, given the information in our 10k?   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work in healthcare?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DaVita (Federal Way, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very professional recruiter, but hiring managers gave no feedback after the interview other than there were more qualified candidates. If that was the case, why bring me in for an interview in the first place?

Interview Questions

• They sent me a business case to analyze the day before my interview, but then asked me to do another one during the interview, which was awkward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DaVita (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Company had two phone screen interviews followed by an on site interview with all members of the team. Questions on the phone were all fit and your resume probably does most of the work initially. On site, there is a 50-50 mix of math and fit. I got the impression they test where you might be the weakest. Meaning, if you have prior experience in one area they will probably test something else. These interviews are closely comparable to investment banking or management consulting interviews. Be prepared to deal with case study math done on pencil and paper.

Interview Questions

• Please estimate the size of this market (sizing question)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DaVita (Sacramento, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. Had a phone screener with a recruiter. Then spoke to the Hiring Manager via telephone. He asked some technical questions, fit (what do you know about the company, why do want to work here, likes/ dislikes, working style questions). This was followed by a day of in person panel interviews and lunch. its a community environment and they really want to make sure that you'll work well with all of your constintuents. the questions were behavioral based, there was a case study and the really wanted to know what you knew about the company and why you want to work there

Interview Questions

• what do you like about davita?
      what aspects of our culture do you respect/ relate to the most why?
      tell me about a time when ....

Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DaVita in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was rather smoothed. I had a telephone interview with HR and then with the Hiring Manager. I was subsequently invited to the office for a day of interviews consisting of two panel sessions (3 senior execs in each). Everyone was really nice but it wasn't a good fit. Although it didn't work out for me I would recommend this firm to others