DaVita Interview Questions

2.8

Regional Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

I was heavily recruited and went through several weeks of phone interviews and finally had an onsite interview set up. Several days after the onsite I emailed the main interviewer and asked for feedback. He emailed back that the sec. would be in touch with me soon. She never was and he never provided any feedback other than to say they were not moving fwd with my app.

Interview Questions
    • Generic questions and felt that the "very young" team of interviewers did not have the experience of truly interviewing for this level   Answer Question

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

After a referral from my school, I had a panel interview after an appointment. I had researched the company and learned their mission and core values. The questions revolved around behavioral, conflict management and questions for a given problem scenario. I thought the questions were easy. I had another interview set up.

Interview Questions
    • State a situation in which you had a conflict at work and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita.

First encounter was an email which set up phone interview. Next came in person interview with FA. Then observe HD at a Center. A week later you are called in for a Team Interview with a FA at another Center. Then you wait & wait......

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

Took 4 weeks. Still waiting for offer. Recruiter called and scheduled for panel interview. They said to wait after 48 hours for the next step. Just be patient because it is a lengthy process.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DaVita in September 2014.

I was submitted by a recruiter for this position and have 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in another industry. Typically a PM wouldn't apply for a Coordinator position but I thought it might be a good way to get in the door for a large PMO in the healthcare industry so a good opportunity to pursue. I was selected for a phone screen which I was told to be *early* for as the interviewer was not fond of people who were on time or late, calling in 5-10 minutes early was expected which is fine by me. I was on the call 10 minutes early and the interviewer dialed in 4 minutes late which was annoying but I'm sure he had other interviews prior to mine-no big deal. There were supposed to be 2 people on the phone screening but only one was present and he indicated the other person (who was the hiring manager for the position) would not be on the call. Hmm, that's strange but alright, people are busy. He asked me pretty straightforward questions about my skill set, why I was leaving my current job etc. I couldn't help but notice he kept umming and ahing, stalling and seemed terribly disinterested with interviewing as if it were just a general bother; I would say to the point that he came across as very unprofessional. The real doozer is when he asked me "Why DaVita and why now?". I explained that I was excited about DaVita, they are growing rapidly, they just relocated to Denver a few years ago, excited to be part of a booming healthcare industry and large PMO. I also added that I thought it was remarkable that DaVita was one of Berkshire Hathaway's top holdings and overall that I believed I would be be great fit for their culture based on some cultural Q's I had asked earlier in the interview. So you can imagine my surprise when the interviewer repeated the SAME exact question.."Yes, but WHY DaVita and WHY now?" I paused, confused and said "Is there something you would like me to elaborate on or something more specific you would like me to discuss with regard to my response?" Rather than responding to this question..he repeated the same exact question a third time. So I rephrased some of my previous response and sprinkled in a couple comments about the culture and the way their PMO is organized, etc. It was obvious he was looking for a very specific answer to this question that I was not giving. At any rate, he sighed and moved on to the part of the interview where I got to ask specific questions about the role which he was pretty categorically unprepared to answer. When I asked what would a person in this role typically achieve on a daily basis (and how do you gauge their success from a more macro level) for the PMO team-he got audibly frustrated, sighed and said that's hard to answer. WTF? Overall, I would say he was unprepared, disinterested and probably the worst interviewer I have ever experienced. I would also like to add that this was a 3 month contract position (with high probability of being extended) so the aggressive Why DaVita, why now questions seemed pretty nutso.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DaVita.

I applied through Dice and was called and interviewed very quickly. The process was typical phone screens with manager, then HR. The onsite was a full day with multiple senior managers and was fairly interactive. They did a good job of having a conversation rather than just me speaking or the interviewers rambling

They asked what I was making and what i wanted. I was in their range so not too much negotiation. The 401k match is tricky because they do not match in the traditional sense. After 1 year of employment I still don't know if it's a good deal or not

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

Phone interview revolving mostly around work history, reason for applying and current experience. Met with several individuals from different teams usually involved with the hiring process (team member of the team I was going to be working on, team lead, human resources, etc.).

PCT/DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at DaVita in August 2014.

I applied online and got called a week later. He really like me and he pulled my application up because I was persistent. Sometimes going in person may help. Sometimes it takes persistence, and just to keep getting your name out there. The interview process went smoothly. I am actually waiting on him to call me this week which he said he would "definitely do"so we will see. I will still be persistent and keep checking up on things to be quite honest..

Interview Questions
    • He only asked me one question tell me more about myself?   View Answer

Pct Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita in August 2014.

I went to the career fair Davita was having on the 18th of August 2014. I was interviewed by on of the manages there. The fair was was from 3pm to 7pm. I got there early and was 3rd to get interviewed. I was interviewed for about 15 minutes or so and the manager said she like my interviewing skills and she would have a recruiter get back to me. Im still waiting on that call.

Home Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

Phone screening by Recruiter followed by Hiring Manager 1:1 conversation by phone and in-person interview with 2 executives, then a panel interview with 5 other managers of equivalent rank, and 1 formality interview with the Division VP

Interview Questions
    Aim high for salary requests