DaVita Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

Acute Dialysis Nurse Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DaVita in March 2014.

Submitted my resume online within a few hours received an email to set up phone interview. Phone interview was very basic. Was told the FA will be calling me to set up one on one interview. FA for the first job I applied for never called back. Spoke to recruiter again and received an interview with FA for second job I applied for. Interview was very basic. More like a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult question. Just be prepared to know why you want to work for Davita.   Answer Question

Home Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DaVita.

Phone screening by Recruiter followed by Hiring Manager 1:1 conversation by phone and in-person interview with 2 executives, then a panel interview with 5 other managers of equivalent rank, and 1 formality interview with the Division VP

Interview Questions
    Aim high for salary requests

Patient Care Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

Applied online and the whole process took about a month. After submitting application online, I was asked to take an online test. After that, I received a call from the FA just going over some specifics of the job. A couple days later, I received a call from an Asst. FA to set up a time to interview. I went to the clinic about a week later and shadowed another PCT and interviewed with the Social Worker.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not too many unexpected questions. Most of my time at the clinic was with the PCT teaching me about the position and making sure that it was something I wanted to do.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiating. The starting salary is set.

Regional Registration Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DaVita.

You are contracted and have a phone interview with a recruiter and you have a short interview. Then you have a panel interview with 2-3 managers. The questions, for the most part are pretty generic.

Ccht Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at DaVita in May 2010.

Too long, took more than a month, 3 or more interviews, background check took 2 weeks and had to take a personality exam.. Davita's process is incredibly long and monotonous. Each interview felt the same and never broke new ground.

Interview Questions
    • All questions involved time management and how long I planned on working for Davita. THey were more concerned with what it would cost to train me and kept reminding me of how high the turnover rate was for new techs.   View Answer
    no negotiation, just straight offer. would not pay more due to "cost of training new staff"

Facility Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in June 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter, who then had me take an online test. Make sure you have a calculator handy. The test asks about scheduling and ordering of supplies, and how would you handle various scenarios as a manager. Easy enough test. I then interviewed with the regional operations director, then the group facility administrator, I still have another interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know why I wanted to work for Davita since I have so much experience in another field.   Answer Question

Registered Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at DaVita in September 2012.

Very confusing and poorly organized. I was never contacted by recruiting and felt the process lacked any resemblance of professionalism. When I applied for an internal transfer, once again never contacted by recruiting to alert me of the final hiring decision.

Confusing and unclear.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

I applied online and a few days later, had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter. I was scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted for about an hour. The third interview was an in-person interview, which was scheduled to last for 2-2 1/2 hours. The recruiter sent me a detailed list on what was to be discussed. Upon my arrival at the facility, I was greeted by two people, one who I was not originally scheduled to interview with. They read 6 questions off of a piece of paper (which I thought was a bit unprofessional). While answering a question, I was interrupted by a woman who was going to direct me to the testing area (for an analytical skills test). At this point, I felt like I was being rushed, mind you, only 20 minutes had passed. After the interview, I took a 30 minute test, mostly consisting of analogy questions (there is a reason why these questions were thrown out of the SAT). After the test, I was sent on my way. In total, the interview lasted only an hour. I feel that my interview was short because they had someone else in mind for the position. Also, they discussed nothing that the recruited had mentioned would be discussed.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral and had already been asked during both phone interviews.   Answer Question

Reuse Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

I applied online for several locations at once for both PCT and Reuse Tech. I got the standard email for the PCT positions saying my application was being presented to manager, then I got an email from HR saying she wanted to set up a phone interview. I emailed back with several blocks of time for her. The phone interview was about 10 minutes of behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, best/worst quality, and tell me about a time when...) she kept it pretty brief, and then said she was passing me into the next step and presenting my resume. I got a call from the center within a couple days for a shadowing session and interview. I shadowed the current tech and then was led into the interview which was one on one and informal, more like a chat. She was trying to feel me out to see if I would be able to fit it. At the end I got a formal offer and pending background check and drug test (done by HR in Colorado) I have the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, and "what would your current supervisor say about you?"   View Answer
    I asked for a dollar more than the initial offer, she is trying to get it approved through HR.

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at DaVita in June 2011.

The interview process sucked. My interviewer was an hour and a half late and could not get a hold of the person. They didn't even bother to call and let me know why they're running late and how long I should wait.