DaVita

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Patient Care Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

Applied online and the whole process took about a month. After submitting application online, I was asked to take an online test. After that, I received a call from the FA just going over some specifics of the job. A couple days later, I received a call from an Asst. FA to set up a time to interview. I went to the clinic about a week later and shadowed another PCT and interviewed with the Social Worker.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not too many unexpected questions. Most of my time at the clinic was with the PCT teaching me about the position and making sure that it was something I wanted to do.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiating. The starting salary is set.

Reuse Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

I applied online for several locations at once for both PCT and Reuse Tech. I got the standard email for the PCT positions saying my application was being presented to manager, then I got an email from HR saying she wanted to set up a phone interview. I emailed back with several blocks of time for her. The phone interview was about 10 minutes of behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, best/worst quality, and tell me about a time when...) she kept it pretty brief, and then said she was passing me into the next step and presenting my resume. I got a call from the center within a couple days for a shadowing session and interview. I shadowed the current tech and then was led into the interview which was one on one and informal, more like a chat. She was trying to feel me out to see if I would be able to fit it. At the end I got a formal offer and pending background check and drug test (done by HR in Colorado) I have the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, and "what would your current supervisor say about you?"   View Answer
    I asked for a dollar more than the initial offer, she is trying to get it approved through HR.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

I applied online and a few days later, had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter. I was scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted for about an hour. The third interview was an in-person interview, which was scheduled to last for 2-2 1/2 hours. The recruiter sent me a detailed list on what was to be discussed. Upon my arrival at the facility, I was greeted by two people, one who I was not originally scheduled to interview with. They read 6 questions off of a piece of paper (which I thought was a bit unprofessional). While answering a question, I was interrupted by a woman who was going to direct me to the testing area (for an analytical skills test). At this point, I felt like I was being rushed, mind you, only 20 minutes had passed. After the interview, I took a 30 minute test, mostly consisting of analogy questions (there is a reason why these questions were thrown out of the SAT). After the test, I was sent on my way. In total, the interview lasted only an hour. I feel that my interview was short because they had someone else in mind for the position. Also, they discussed nothing that the recruited had mentioned would be discussed.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral and had already been asked during both phone interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

They had everyone come in at 4 AM to shadow other PCTs. After shadowing for 4 hours, I was suppose to get interviewed. They made me wait an extra hour because there was another person shadowing and they chose to interview her first. The interview was pretty short and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me how long I would be in town.   View Answer

Insurance Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita.

I initially spoke to a recruiter, about a 30 minute conversation about the company and the position. I then had about 4 follow up interviews which were about 1-2 hours long. DaVita is probably a great place to work and is absolutely a great company, but this was a significant amount of time to put in to any interviewing process. I appreciate that they wanted to be thorough and hire the right candidate, but there has to be a better and more time efficient way to do this. Perhaps the most frustrating part of my experience was after my fifth interview. I was interviewed by a panel of women, who were all wonderful, and they complimented me on my how prepared I was for the interview and they stated that they appreciated that I had researched the company and the role. I ended up not getting the position and when I asked for some feedback on my interview, I received back a very rude email about how it was obvious that I had not prepared that the role I was interviewing for was serious and I clearly was not. So, not only was it rude but also not helpful ( I really appreciate all constructive criticism!).

Overall, poor experience with them.

Interview Questions
    • All of their questions were pretty typical. "How would you handle this situation" type questions. They also asked a lot of questions about my experience.   Answer Question

Acute Dialysis RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

Interview done via phone, first spoke with the recruiter. Then another interview with the regional operations director. 3rd interview with acute supervisor. Whole process was very lengthy and took place over 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly spoke about what the job entailed and how DaVita works. Asked me about my current job and what duties I perform. Asked how I communicate with others in a difficult situation and to give examples.   Answer Question

Offered me an hourly rate that was less than I was currently making.

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita.

Filled an app online and got a call 2 weeks later. Phone interview was pretty easy going. The recruiter was very friendly and set up a panel interview the following week. The panel interview was a little intimidating since it was 4:1. But it wasn't bad at all. The questions were what you would expect at any interview. Still waiting for an official answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in dialysis? How would you handle a conflict at work?   Answer Question

Regional Operations Director Interview

Started out with a very detailed interview by HR - use behavioral interviewing. Had 9 additional interviews with various managers - focus on being able to work with physicians and managing P&L, and growth strategy.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions regarding how one should handle various situations with physicians.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate salary much, but got a signing bonus.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DaVita in June 2014.

Very professional recruiter, but hiring managers gave no feedback after the interview other than there were more qualified candidates. If that was the case, why bring me in for an interview in the first place?

Interview Questions
    • They sent me a business case to analyze the day before my interview, but then asked me to do another one during the interview, which was awkward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DaVita in June 2014.

I went to an open house, I toured the facility we got to do some trivia games and then we had a one on one interview with a manager. After the open house I received an email about 1 week later explaining that I was moved on to the next step and needed to choose a center that I wanted to work at. 3 days later I received a phone call from the center that u chosed hiring manage and was scheduled for an one on one interview the intertwine went well and I was offer the job.