DaVita

222 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in December 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy! First the recruiter calls you. The lower management schedules an interview and usually a higher manager will also interview you. You will also do a "share day", depending on the position you are applying for. This is a half day of inconveniencing some poor soul who has to show you the ropes, and then report back to the management to see if you are a good fit. Their opinion may be disregarded, so it is just another step in the process to consume your time.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun? (This is one of Davita's "core" values-who has fun at work? Unless you work at Pixar or Google?)   View Answer

Renal Dietitian Interview

Renal Dietitian
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired on the basis of a panel phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing specific comes to mind. A very average interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given two prior offers before I accepted the third one

Manager Interview

Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DaVita in October 2012.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a long interview process potentially filled with cases or excel tests. DaVita hires for potential and a good culture fit. They want to make sure you fit in well with the very defined culture of the Village. I recommend reading up on the HBS and Stanford GSB case studies written about DaVita.

Interview Question – How many dialysis treatments does DaVita do in a week?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could negotiate some on the base salary. It was easier to negotiate the signing bonus ($5k), perhaps because I was not relocating, then to negotiate a significant increase to the base or bonus potential.

Facility Administrator RN Interview

Facility Administrator RN
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in February 2014.

Interview Details – Several steps. !st talk to a recruiter. Take online assessment test with staffing questions etc. After passed test, interviewed on phone by hiring manager, next regional director, lastly human resource 'specialist'. I could tell all interviews went well except until got to the HR specialist who voted no.. All others recommended me except her, so no go..

Interview Question – HR specialist kept asking for 'examples' of times may have had certain experiences, I would give an answer then she would as for still another example, She did not recommend me as she said did not think I had enough experience. So be prepared with more than one example for all possible scenarios if you can.   Answer Question

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Clinical Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in February 2014.

Interview Details – First interview is typically with a recruiter. Initially I was supposed to have an interview for this position with the recruiter, but somehow this got bypassed and I was called for a face-to-face interview. From application to first interview was about one week. I was met with the FA and GFA, they were very nice and easy to talk with. I was asked to come back during the first interview for a "meet the staff" interview which took place the following week. That was less formal, but I did end up interviewing with a group of 4 people answering questions about my experience. I was toured around the facility. I left that day without an offer, but was called back with an unofficial offer the next day. A week after that I was called with the official offer.

Interview Question – What is your favorite cartoon character? Whats your favorite gum ball? A few behavioral type questions such as "Tell me of a time when you had to work with very mean doctor and how you handled that."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but the offer was very competitive.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Patient Account Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details – I had a brief phone interview with an HR representative, then took some computer tests to show understanding of some computer programs (including Excel), and finally, an interview where I had about 6 people all asking me questions. None were difficult, they made it quite casual and more like a conversation than an interrogation, which is what it felt like initially with that many people in the room.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I believe they wouldn't mind being asked for more if you are experienced. I had zero experience in the field so I did not ask. I was more than happy with the base pay they offered me.

HRIS Interview

HRIS
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DaVita in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted rather quickly after submitting my application/resume. The recruiter had expressed that the conversation went well and the recruiter said I would be contacted regarding next steps within the week. I was never contacted again and could reach the recruiter neither by email or phone despite several attempts.

Interview Question – As it was a phone interview, most of the questions were high-level and non-technical. Describing my ideal company culture was the most difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Operations Management Interview

Operations Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details – This was a very extensive interview process; all in all, I spoke to/met with at least 7 or 8 different people, including individual on site meetings with 5 of them, over the course of several months. On one hand, it is great to see a company that is that concerned with their "fit" and culture - and everyone I spoke to was very positive about the company. On the other hand, I have to confess I felt that it was an extremely long, drawn out process, by far the longest and most involved I've ever experienced, and I've had some fairly senior (and frankly higher paying) positions over the years. After several months of frequent interviews - I heard nothing further. I followed up several times, heard nothing back and then received what appeared to be an automated email ("do not reply"/ from an unmonitored email address) saying the position had been cancelled.

Interview Question – DaVita seems to use a very standardized, behavioral interview process. (One of the HR folks I met with explained that they felt that using scripted questions allowed them to more easily compare various candidates. ) The questions were the standard, "tell me about a time when you did x/y/z…" type questions. Be prepared to concisely discuss your experience in those terms and you should be well prepared.   Answer Question

Pct Interview

Pct
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DaVita in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email in 2 days requesting for a phone interview. I scheduled my appointment and got called by a recruiter. I can say it was an easy interview asking about my previous experience and career goals. Even asked for the salary rate that i want. He's very informative on what will i expect after that phone interview. He sent me an an assessment to be answered. Then told me to wait for an email for my entrance interview at DaVita by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How do you handle difficult customers?
How do you deal with irate co-workers?
  Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DaVita in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is just nightmare, even after passing all the rounds , i came to know that some manager do not want me for personal reason.

Interview Question – There was not much difficult questions asked   Answer Question