DaVita Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

I applied online and a few days later, had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter. I was scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted for about an hour. The third interview was an in-person interview, which was scheduled to last for 2-2 1/2 hours. The recruiter sent me a detailed list on what was to be discussed. Upon my arrival at the facility, I was greeted by two people, one who I was not originally scheduled to interview with. They read 6 questions off of a piece of paper (which I thought was a bit unprofessional). While answering a question, I was interrupted by a woman who was going to direct me to the testing area (for an analytical skills test). At this point, I felt like I was being rushed, mind you, only 20 minutes had passed. After the interview, I took a 30 minute test, mostly consisting of analogy questions (there is a reason why these questions were thrown out of the SAT). After the test, I was sent on my way. In total, the interview lasted only an hour. I feel that my interview was short because they had someone else in mind for the position. Also, they discussed nothing that the recruited had mentioned would be discussed.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral and had already been asked during both phone interviews.   Answer Question

LVN/Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at DaVita in March 2014.

HR called for a job description and brief phone interview. Was informed that my application would be forwarded to a FA (facility administrator) and will be contacted for an interview. FA called within a day for a phone interview. She asked me to tell her about myself and reason I wanted to work for the organization. Then I was scheduled for a in person interview with her.

Interview Questions
    • FA asked me series of questions. "Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, describe a difficult time you experienced with another colleague, describe a difficult experience with a patient, what are your goals…"   Answer Question
    The job was negotiable with training provided.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DaVita.

I had a brief phone interview with an HR representative, then took some computer tests to show understanding of some computer programs (including Excel), and finally, an interview where I had about 6 people all asking me questions. None were difficult, they made it quite casual and more like a conversation than an interrogation, which is what it felt like initially with that many people in the room.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, but I believe they wouldn't mind being asked for more if you are experienced. I had zero experience in the field so I did not ask. I was more than happy with the base pay they offered me.

Charge RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita.

Initial phone screening interview followed by a group interview. My advice would be to read about the companies core values and sincerely answer typical interview questions focusing on these values.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were criticized by a manager or when you made a mistake and how you responded.   Answer Question

Group Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in May 2013.

After submitting my resume and cover letter, recruiter contacted me the following day. Stated she also has another great opportunity for me which would be same title. Interviewed me for both by phone. Then went through a long ordeal of interviews (5 interviews for each site). Drove 2.5hrs each way for each interview. During the first face to face interview, the ROD mentioned that I was great and would be excited to have me on board with them. Told me to start looking for a place in that area. During the next interview, the coordinator mentioned that it would be a short interview with the VP but not to worry since it would be a great interview for me because I should hear something great. I said okay. Then I was suppose to have a final inteview with the ROD again and meet the staff along with another FA. At that time, the ROD tells me I should be excited since he has completed his interviews and it is now between me and another applicant, after already telling me that I literally had the position. He then stayed in his office and had me meet with the other FA. At the end of that interview (final), the FA then goes on to tell me that this position is an FA and not a GFA. During the whole process of all the interviews prior, they stated it was a GFA. They are crazy! They had me driving to 8 different interviews back and forth 2.5hrs away from my home to meet with staff from several departments and telling me up front that I basically had the job. At the end, no offer was given. Waste of time! That same day, I received another offer with a different company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions but unexpected and out of the norm-Tell me why I should like you???   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita.

Thus far, I have completed a phone interview with an HR rep, a phone interview with the director of the group, up next is an Excel test, and if I make it past that round, I believe the next step is a 5 hour onsite interview with case studies and panel interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were the "slacker" on a group assignment.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DaVita.

Company had two phone screen interviews followed by an on site interview with all members of the team. Questions on the phone were all fit and your resume probably does most of the work initially. On site, there is a 50-50 mix of math and fit. I got the impression they test where you might be the weakest. Meaning, if you have prior experience in one area they will probably test something else. These interviews are closely comparable to investment banking or management consulting interviews. Be prepared to deal with case study math done on pencil and paper.

Interview Questions
    • Please estimate the size of this market (sizing question)   View Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita in September 2012.

It is just nightmare, even after passing all the rounds , i came to know that some manager do not want me for personal reason.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in May 2012.

I submitted an application online and was contacted by HR on the same day to schedule a phone screen with a junior member of the team for the next day. DaVita moved really fast in recruiting process. I had two 15 minute phone screens with a Analyst and Senior Analyst in the following 2 days after I submitted an application. These was mostly fit questions "Walk me through your resume", "Why DaVita?", etc. I was contacted again by HR within 24 hour of my 2nd phone screen to schedule on-site interview the following week. Again, extremely fast process. They flew me in to LA for a whole day of interviews. It consists of four 1:1 interviews, 45-minute each, with 4 Managers of the Special Projects team, mostly behavioral questions "Why DaVita", "What are your greatest accomplishment", and discussing my previous experiences. One Manager gave me an estimation type case interview. Overall the managers are really nice and down-to-earth and we had good discussions about the position and my background. I agree with one previous interviewee that a number of the "Managers" and "Director" seemed to be rather green/young for a management role, more accustomed to being rock star individual contributors who were rewarded with a promotion.
    The 4 morning interviews was then followed by "lunch" with 2-3 junior analysts (fresh grads) ... where they grilled me with questions about "Why DaVita?", "Tell us what do you think are challenges facing our company", "What do you do for fun", etc. I was given opportunity to ask questions as well during lunch.
    After that I had 1:1 interview with the Director of Special Projects Team, where it was mostly industry knowledge questions, like "Tell me about DaVita industry dynamics", “How big is the market size”, “How many facilities/patients do we have?”, "Tell me what you know of Medicare”,”Tell me about our products and how they work - down to scientific medical terms.” Since I did not have any healthcare experience and did not delve extremely deep into healthcare industry during my preparations, I was unable to answer some of his questions. He then expressed his disappointment in me and concern about my level of interest in working for DaVita. Judging by how and type of questions he asked, I think the Director was really interested in finding out how candidates handle pressure, and hiring only people who is comfortable working for a demanding team leader and has background/thorough knowledge of healthcare. So make sure you thoroughly learn/prepare the technical medical terms and know the healthcare industry in an out.
    Last 1:1 was numerical case interview conducted by the Senior Analyst. I was given a couple business performance numbers and asked to do some calculation using those numbers and talk aloud during the process of coming up with answers.

Interview Questions
    • Why Davita?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What's your greatest accompllishment?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about DaVita industry dynamics, pricing structure, cost structure, # of facilities, # of patients, the company product offerings and how they work (in detailed medical/scientific terms) ...   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Medicare?   Answer Question

Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DaVita in March 2012.

Was given an initial phone screening. The phone interview took about 30 minutes. It was apparent that the HR lady didn't know much about the position and the specific duties of the job. After the phone interview, I waited and waited...but never got any kind of follow up.

Interview Questions
    • None..very standard questions. They ask about your background and how it relates to the job posting and then some standard evaluative questions such as "What are your best qualities?" "Tell us how you handled a difficult situation?"...etc.   Answer Question