DaVita

Relevance Date Difficulty

Patient Account Representative Interview

Patient Account Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at DaVita in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few days later, had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter. I was scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager, which lasted for about an hour. The third interview was an in-person interview, which was scheduled to last for 2-2 1/2 hours. The recruiter sent me a detailed list on what was to be discussed. Upon my arrival at the facility, I was greeted by two people, one who I was not originally scheduled to interview with. They read 6 questions off of a piece of paper (which I thought was a bit unprofessional). While answering a question, I was interrupted by a woman who was going to direct me to the testing area (for an analytical skills test). At this point, I felt like I was being rushed, mind you, only 20 minutes had passed. After the interview, I took a 30 minute test, mostly consisting of analogy questions (there is a reason why these questions were thrown out of the SAT). After the test, I was sent on my way. In total, the interview lasted only an hour. I feel that my interview was short because they had someone else in mind for the position. Also, they discussed nothing that the recruited had mentioned would be discussed.

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral and had already been asked during both phone interviews.   Answer Question

LVN/Tech Interview

LVN/Tech
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DaVita in March 2014.

Interview Details – HR called for a job description and brief phone interview. Was informed that my application would be forwarded to a FA (facility administrator) and will be contacted for an interview. FA called within a day for a phone interview. She asked me to tell her about myself and reason I wanted to work for the organization. Then I was scheduled for a in person interview with her.

Interview Question – FA asked me series of questions. "Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, describe a difficult time you experienced with another colleague, describe a difficult experience with a patient, what are your goals…"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job was negotiable with training provided.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Patient Account Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details – I had a brief phone interview with an HR representative, then took some computer tests to show understanding of some computer programs (including Excel), and finally, an interview where I had about 6 people all asking me questions. None were difficult, they made it quite casual and more like a conversation than an interrogation, which is what it felt like initially with that many people in the room.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, but I believe they wouldn't mind being asked for more if you are experienced. I had zero experience in the field so I did not ask. I was more than happy with the base pay they offered me.

Architect Interview

Architect
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DaVita in September 2012.

Interview Details – It is just nightmare, even after passing all the rounds , i came to know that some manager do not want me for personal reason.

Interview Question – There was not much difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Charge RN Interview

Charge RN
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening interview followed by a group interview. My advice would be to read about the companies core values and sincerely answer typical interview questions focusing on these values.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were criticized by a manager or when you made a mistake and how you responded.   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

Facility Administrator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at DaVita in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through a networking connection. I interviewed with a Group Facility Administrator and a Regional Operations Director in training. I next interviewed with the Regional Operations Director and the Human Resources Manager. The third interview was with the Divisional Vice President, members of the clinic team, and the onsite physician.

Interview Question – The interview questions were all standard situational questions   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

Facility Administrator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in June 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter I was interviewed by was superb, very professional and was able to "sell" the company to me. Rarely you enjoy an interview, but I did in every aspect of it. Great communication & follow-through, quick response and positive & professional attitude.

Interview Question – The behavioral interviews are heavily based on company mission, vision and core values. Know about DaVita before you'll interview, for all management positions be prepared to do an on-line assessment - critical thinking, good judgement, operations, decision making skills, talent management, finances, project & time management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company always offers/presents the lowest salaries/rates possible, but is able & can pay well. I've negotiated nice salary, so no complaints, but several co-workers are below what I make.

Group Facility Administrator Interview

Group Facility Administrator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in May 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume and cover letter, recruiter contacted me the following day. Stated she also has another great opportunity for me which would be same title. Interviewed me for both by phone. Then went through a long ordeal of interviews (5 interviews for each site). Drove 2.5hrs each way for each interview. During the first face to face interview, the ROD mentioned that I was great and would be excited to have me on board with them. Told me to start looking for a place in that area. During the next interview, the coordinator mentioned that it would be a short interview with the VP but not to worry since it would be a great interview for me because I should hear something great. I said okay. Then I was suppose to have a final inteview with the ROD again and meet the staff along with another FA. At that time, the ROD tells me I should be excited since he has completed his interviews and it is now between me and another applicant, after already telling me that I literally had the position. He then stayed in his office and had me meet with the other FA. At the end of that interview (final), the FA then goes on to tell me that this position is an FA and not a GFA. During the whole process of all the interviews prior, they stated it was a GFA. They are crazy! They had me driving to 8 different interviews back and forth 2.5hrs away from my home to meet with staff from several departments and telling me up front that I basically had the job. At the end, no offer was given. Waste of time! That same day, I received another offer with a different company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but unexpected and out of the norm-Tell me why I should like you???   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details – Thus far, I have completed a phone interview with an HR rep, a phone interview with the director of the group, up next is an Excel test, and if I make it past that round, I believe the next step is a 5 hour onsite interview with case studies and panel interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were the "slacker" on a group assignment.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DaVita.

Interview Details – Company had two phone screen interviews followed by an on site interview with all members of the team. Questions on the phone were all fit and your resume probably does most of the work initially. On site, there is a 50-50 mix of math and fit. I got the impression they test where you might be the weakest. Meaning, if you have prior experience in one area they will probably test something else. These interviews are closely comparable to investment banking or management consulting interviews. Be prepared to deal with case study math done on pencil and paper.

Interview Question – Please estimate the size of this market (sizing question)   View Answer

Worked for DaVita? Contribute to the Community!