DaVita Regional Operations Director Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Operations Director Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DaVita.

Started out with a very detailed interview by HR - use behavioral interviewing. Had 9 additional interviews with various managers - focus on being able to work with physicians and managing P&L, and growth strategy.

Interview Questions
  • Specific questions regarding how one should handle various situations with physicians.   Answer Question
Not able to negotiate salary much, but got a signing bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DaVita in February 2011.

Two phone interviews-HR recruiters
    First interview: mostly over view of the company, the questions were on leadership development and how had I developed leaders in the past, what were the outcomes. Did my leaders enjoy doing their jobs because at the Davita centers, they like to have fun. My interest level was still high for this position.

Second interview: the recruiter called on the wrong day and had to reschedule for the date that had been confirmed with the first interviewer (that was okay things happen). The questions were so generic, that I only remember one; Give me an example of when the rug was snatched out from under you and how did you handled it? Most of the questions came from me ; what are you looking for in this position, what is needed, are the facility administrators developed in financial management,business concepts, budgeting,customer service, how do they support the vision and objectives of the organization, is this position being restructured , what patient and employee surveys does DaVita conduct to use for talent management assessment and performance development?

They did get back to me within a few days to inform me that they were still moving on with their search, and to thank me for my time. I still feel this is a great company, and HR is key in attracting the right talent to any organization.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when the rug was pulled out from under ,you and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at DaVita in January 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter, phone interview, 1:1 with hiring VP, 1:1 with peers, phone interview with people services, 1:1 with group management team, repeat 1:1 with hiring manager again.

Everyone explored my people skills, leadership style and looked for values and character. Helpful process.

Interview Questions
    • Demonstrate and explain examples of how you have developed leadership abilities in others.   Answer Question
    • Describe and detail an example of when you had to have a difficult conversation with a teammate.   Answer Question
    Know your boundaries and be clear in articulate them early in the process.

Regional Operations Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DaVita.

Their internal recruiter called me very quickly. We had a 1/2 hour interview that (I thought) went well. It seemed they were looking for something in particular. I was then summarily rejected the next day with an impersonal email. It was a little head spinning, given that they were so enthusiastic when the contacted me.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know my underlying leadership philosophy.   Answer Question

Regional Operations Director Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DaVita in April 2009.

I had three seperate interviews. All three of the individuals I interviewed with said "you're the perfect candidate, but we're worried that you will be bored and quit". I tried to insure them that I would not quit, but they all three claimed that I would. Interesting how they "all" knew what was best for me.

Worked for DaVita? Contribute to the Community!