DaVita

Updated Aug 19, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DaVita in May 2013.

Had a phone interview and an essay question. Was invited to a in person interview but declined it. Recruiter was very pleasant and straightforward and was very accommodating. Process took longer then I would have liked and the essay was given to me with 4 days notice during finals week.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online – interviewed at DaVita in July 2012.

All about the company core values

Special Projects Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DaVita in April 2012.

Multiple interviews focusing on different skills, e.g. team work, project management, problem solving and data analytic and SQL querying skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would you figure out how many balls could fit in a 747
      Give a business presentation based on a case study and 15 mins of prep

View Answers (2)
    Easy and comfortable. Asked for 5% increase.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at DaVita in March 2012.

Was called in to interview for the position and I had a well rounded conversation with the interview. It focused on all my experience, not just those of the last couple of years. The interviewer was pleasant and friendly and quickly let me know that they wanted me to meet their senior managers.

The second interview consisted of a panel interview and also was more conversational and non-threatening in style.

i did not negotiate.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at DaVita in October 2011.

1 interview. Talked about previous experience and was hired even though my SQL experience was less than what was needed. Thought they were willing to provide some training.

They offered me the salary I asked for.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DaVita in June 2011.

Recruiter was pleasant and staff was friendly

Interview Questions
    • Describe your level of experience with Access and Excel   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in June 2011.

Was initially contacted by phone to do a pre-interview screening with HR who then scheduled my in person interview for the next week.

I interviewed with two managers who were interviewing for a number of positions in the company. They were friendly and personable and wanted to make you as comfortable as possible while still getting down to the basics of the interview.

About a week later I got another call from HR asking if I would interview with two other managers. About a day later was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite accounting course in school and do you think that would interfere with your ability to do your work here?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in January 2011.

Applied over the internet. Cover letter was most likely why I received an interview. Had more than 1 interview. First interview was with recruiter over phone. Recruiter was very professional and asked a lot of culture questions. Then had separate interviews with team and management. Management had a lot of technical questions and really liked credentials (degrees, certifications) over experience. Also seemed to prefer style over substance. Team interview went well - just wanted someone they could work with.

Interview Questions
    • Question about analyzing competitors based upon what we knew of the market. Was given information about contracts and demographics as a way to guess size of market.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate, would recommend in hindsight

Manager - Revenue Ops Analytics and Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DaVita in December 2010.

I submitted my resume via the DaVita website and had a friend who worked there submit it to her Director in 10/20/10. Several weeks later, I got a call from an internal recruiter in CA to set up an initial phone screen, which occurred on 11/15/10. The call lasted just short of ten minutes and they were the basic softball screening questions. Her main concern was the gap in my current salary versus the cap on the role for which I was interviewing. I told her that it was not a deal breaker and acceptance of any offer would depend on the entire compensation package. She told me she would recommend me for a phone screen with the hiring manager.

I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (Director-level) on 11/18/10 which extended about 15 minutes past our scheduled 30 minutes. There were a lot of behavioral questions, but mainly an interesting conversation about the Director's career trajectory, what she wanted in a candidate and why DaVita was a great company to work for. She again talked about the salary gap, but did mention that with additional responsibilities, she thought she could submit a waiver and bring the salary closer to what I was currently making. So I agreed to move on to an in-person interview.

I had the in-person interview on 12/03/10, starting at 9AM with each interview lasting about 45 minutes with a 15 minute break in between. The first interview was the with the Director of Revenue Management. There were the typical questions about my work experience history and my interest in DaVita. We talked about the core values of DaVita and how they aren't just words on a wall at the "village." The second interview was with the Director of Denial Management, where he was recently promoted from the position for which I was interviewing. He asked more technical questions related to my past work experience and focused on how I would apply those skills to this particular position.

At 11AM, I had my third interview with the VP of Revenue Management. I found his interview questions the mots interesting of the day. They were designed to make you think quickly on your feet and to test your leadership abilities. At 12:30PM, I had a group interview with the three supervisors who would be reporting to me and they asked a lot of questions about my past work experience and how my leadership could help coach them to be better managers. Lastly, I met with the hiring manager, the Director of Revenue Management where we reiterated some things we already discussed on the phone and talked some more about the needs of the team.

Everyone was very well dialed into the core values of the company, which I really appreciated. A number of the "Directors" seemed to be rather green/young for a management role, more accustomed to being rock start individual contributors who were rewarded with a promotion. Otherwise, I think everyone had a good energy to them and overall, I thought the in-person interview process went well.

It took a couple of weeks to get a response back after the interview, despite being told as I left that the hiring director hoped to make a decision within a couple of days. I called the following Wednesday and the recruiter told me that it would be another week. I finally got a call from the recruiter with an offer of employment, pending a successful presentation to the team. I was given a choice of two days to come in for a presentation, the next day or on 01/03/11. I opted for the following day (I had a prior engagement on the other day) which gave me less than 24 hours to prepare a quick presentation about my background, leadership style and whatever personal information I wanted to share.

I made my pitch to the entire team (about 20 people) on 12/23/10. It lasted about 45 minutes and it went well. I learned during this visit that my pitch was "better than the other guy's pitch and that I hope you get chosen." I thought that was interesting since I had already been offered the job. I suspect the long delays between my interview and the offer was due to the company actually offering the job to the other candidate first and I suspect he turned it down.

I negotiated the terms of the offer through the recruiter, which was actually annoying. I think the negotiation process would have been far more effective if I was able to do it with the hiring manager. They were able to close the gap in a number of areas, but I got the typical response of "that's DaVita policy" for things like PTO and stock options (apparently, only offered at the Director level or higher). I really don't know how the company attracts talent with their not-so-competitive benefits package. Even simple things like 401K matching doesn't exist at DaVita. Again, I was willing to accept a lot of these cuts because the opportunity seemed right, but in the end, their medical benefits were just too risky.

Interview Questions
    • Say you are the new manager at Burger King and on your first day, the employees are all there and your manager is there and tells you that sales have dropped 50% from the previous quarter. What are the 3 questions you would ask?   Answer Question
    • Name three words that describe your leadership style.   Answer Question

I had already conceded to a number of cuts in pay and benefits from my current position, mainly because I thought the role was a great career step for me and the proximity to my home was a huge bonus. However, in the very end, it came down to the company's medical benefits, which I found to be rather abysmal, especially given the company is in the health care industry. My premiums would have doubled with DaVita with a much worse coverage policy. I gave the example of having to pay about $50 for my daughter's $26K eye surgery with my current plan and under their plan, I would have had to pay an additional $6K out of pocket. Paying double for way less was the ultimate deal breaker and according to the recruiter, "that's DaVita's policy." Well, the policy stinks and that's unfortunate.

Dialysis RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DaVita in November 2008.

Numerous detail questions of past situations.