Daiichi Sankyo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Fast. My manager always knew what he wanted and moved on it. He knew I had several irons in the fire, and I have an offer with in a week of my first interview

Interview Questions

• Why you over the 20 guys with more experience than you that I've interviewed   1 Answer

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Edison, NJ).

Interview

5 hours, Approximately 7 people. Many situational questions relating to stress and teamwork, personality questions, what I was interested in, why this company, why the industry, why this position, what prior experiences did I have. Also asked about my short term and long term goals. Met people in the department as well as HR. Had a good time meeting the team, all were very open in sharing their experiences and answering my questions. Heard back in about a week via phone call.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in November 2014.

Interview

Efficient, smooth process. Recruiter was friendly and started with a phone conversation. Met with lead HR person. Used an interview feedback sheet which shows they are trying to make an apples to apples comparison. Only had a first round interview, however they started on time and ended on time which is appreciated.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

The important portion of the interview is the behavior questions. The rest are pretty much of your resume. They need to know that you are someone who takes the initiative, as well as being accountable for their actions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

The interview process started by applying online at their website. I was contacted by a regional manager. The interview process included going over my resume from bottom to top. The recruiter seemed to scoff whenever I changed jobs. The most obvious disappointment included leaving a popular car rental company for a more lucrative position (3x the salary).

He repeatedly stated why pharma sales. Almost like I wasn't good enough.

After interviewing for this pharma company I had somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth compared to the others that I have had contact with. Even when compared to the ones that I drove 200+ miles and had to pay $50 for parking and this was a phone screen.

Overall I would consider the position but I didn't enjoy the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why pharma? Why pharma? Why pharma? Why haven't you worked in pharma?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview that took about twenty minutes. Face to face interview one week later that took about an hour. Waiting to hear back. District Manager who did interviewing was friendly and professional.

Primary Care Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Newport News, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email to set up an interview. The following week I had a phone interview. After this, I was invited to an in-person interview which took place a week later. At this interview the questions were more situation based.

Interview Questions

• If you were not to get this job, what do you imagine you would do after? (I don't believe everyone would get this question though. I think it was asked of me because I do not have a sales background.)   Answer Question

Call Plan and Alignment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

I fist interviewed over the phone with my former manager. for 30 mins and the main topic was about my knowledge of excel being a huge plus. They wanted someone above average at using the program and that can communicate on a daily basis with the field. A couple weeks later I traveled to the company headquarters and sat in a small conference room getting interviewed by 3 different managers at once about my knowledge of the field and my background. They specifically were more concerned if you can understand how to work with computer programs and know how to research and investigate issues on your own (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Phone screening then face to face. Reviewed my resume during the phone interview with the District manager, starting from the bottom to the top. Then answered why us? The Manager wanted to know numbers related to past performance in previous jobs as well as what type of numbers I'm producing now.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an unpleasant experience you had and how you turned it around to positive.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied to the position online, through indeed.com, and my college career website, as well as sent a confirmation email with my resume attached to the recruiter. I was contaced via phone within 40 minutes of sending the email, and arranged for a phone interview the following week, which lasted 13 minutes. Arranged for a face-to-face the next day, for a time at beginning of May. erview process was very nerve wrecking because this was a major position I knew I wanted to land. Four different people during a length of two hours asked mostly behavioral questions. I went home early afternoon, and was offered the position within 8 hours of completing the interview process. Began the position within two weeks. Overall process: 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• "If I were to give that pale by the door, filled with rocks, and I asked you how much water can you fill the pale with? How you would go about it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hiring recruiter was the most helpful lady I have ever had and was very interested in getting me the best offer for the position. Ultimately was provided a substantial offer, and accepted.