Daiichi Sankyo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone screen followed by two in person interviews. One with direct supervisor, regional director and another with the area sales director. Interview questions followed the standard behavioral interview format with layered questions to expand on interviewee's answers.

Interview Questions

• Examples of inspiring others   1 Answer

Primary Care Interview

Interview

Primare Cares Sales Rep.. Depends on the manager you will have to meet with the DM also. Likely to use the START method and will want you to close them at the end.

Field Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Initial phone screen..1 hr w/ DM Follow-up with 2 DMs 1 field ride RSD interview This company takes their time and does true due diligence. Brag book was really scrutinized. Bring ranking reports , annual reviews, and be prepared to discuss

Interview Questions

• Very standard situation questions Lots of brag book success questions Want to know why DSI and how well you know the products This is not your average pharma gig. The corporate mission statement and the corporate culture is real and there is actual top-down leadership by example. Know your stuff. That's the expectation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in June 2015.

Interview

This was a streamlined process. A phone screen followed by a face to face with DM. A ride along then another face to face with the DM and another DM. Then a final interview with a director.

Interview Questions

• What is your largest weakness? What are you doing to improve that weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their were no negotiations.

Primary Care Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Each hiring manager may have personal differences. The manager who I interviewed with, gave me an assisgnment from the phone interview to the personal interview just to see if I would do it and what level of quality I would provide. The same manager also tried to act upset at a couple of my answers and gave me a bad attitude to see how I handled myself in that situation. The last thing they want is someone with a bad attitude in the field alone representing their company.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a great product or great relationships with physicians.   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Sioux City, IA).

Interview

I was referred by a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative. Got a phone interview with DM, and a face-to-face a week later. DM was very nice and professional! I called a week after the face-to-face interview to inquire, and was given the usual, "We decided to go in another direction".

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

They contacted me fairly quickly after submitting my resume. Set up a phone interview with a neighboring DM. F2F interview next week with DM and neighboring DM. DSI flew me out to that interview. Same day, received e-mail for next interview and to submit application. Just waiting to hear details for the next one and there may be one more. They told me it was dependent on the number of candidates they advanced. Overall, a good experience. The two DM's were very personable, a bit on the unprofessional side but I think they were trying to make me feel comfortable. Asked a few questions that lead to more personal answers which I thought inappropriate for pharma. A very positive experience though and they were very clear about what they were looking for. They also did a great job selling DSI; they absolutely love the company they are with which was good to hear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you heard no over and over again, despite having a good rapport with the lead and how did you go about it?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Wichita, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Grueling. Long, unprofessional and drawn out. Very unorganized. Met multiple times in an unprofessional setting, i.e. Restaurant/bar. Had to jump many hoops, but never was followed-up with appropriately. Was not kept in touch with and had to reach out multiple times to the manager. Also had to do much more than interview. Was the most bizarre process I've ever been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you wee faced with a challenge and what you did to successfully overcome it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Fast. My manager always knew what he wanted and moved on it. He knew I had several irons in the fire, and I have an offer with in a week of my first interview

Interview Questions

• Why you over the 20 guys with more experience than you that I've interviewed   1 Answer

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Edison, NJ).

Interview

5 hours, Approximately 7 people. Many situational questions relating to stress and teamwork, personality questions, what I was interested in, why this company, why the industry, why this position, what prior experiences did I have. Also asked about my short term and long term goals. Met people in the department as well as HR. Had a good time meeting the team, all were very open in sharing their experiences and answering my questions. Heard back in about a week via phone call.