Daiichi Sankyo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in June 2015.

Interview

This was a streamlined process. A phone screen followed by a face to face with DM. A ride along then another face to face with the DM and another DM. Then a final interview with a director.

Interview Questions

• What is your largest weakness? What are you doing to improve that weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their were no negotiations.

Primary Care Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Each hiring manager may have personal differences. The manager who I interviewed with, gave me an assisgnment from the phone interview to the personal interview just to see if I would do it and what level of quality I would provide. The same manager also tried to act upset at a couple of my answers and gave me a bad attitude to see how I handled myself in that situation. The last thing they want is someone with a bad attitude in the field alone representing their company.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have a great product or great relationships with physicians.   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Sioux City, IA).

Interview

I was referred by a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative. Got a phone interview with DM, and a face-to-face a week later. DM was very nice and professional! I called a week after the face-to-face interview to inquire, and was given the usual, "We decided to go in another direction".

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

They contacted me fairly quickly after submitting my resume. Set up a phone interview with a neighboring DM. F2F interview next week with DM and neighboring DM. DSI flew me out to that interview. Same day, received e-mail for next interview and to submit application. Just waiting to hear details for the next one and there may be one more. They told me it was dependent on the number of candidates they advanced. Overall, a good experience. The two DM's were very personable, a bit on the unprofessional side but I think they were trying to make me feel comfortable. Asked a few questions that lead to more personal answers which I thought inappropriate for pharma. A very positive experience though and they were very clear about what they were looking for. They also did a great job selling DSI; they absolutely love the company they are with which was good to hear.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you heard no over and over again, despite having a good rapport with the lead and how did you go about it?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Wichita, KS) in May 2015.

Interview

Grueling. Long, unprofessional and drawn out. Very unorganized. Met multiple times in an unprofessional setting, i.e. Restaurant/bar. Had to jump many hoops, but never was followed-up with appropriately. Was not kept in touch with and had to reach out multiple times to the manager. Also had to do much more than interview. Was the most bizarre process I've ever been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you wee faced with a challenge and what you did to successfully overcome it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

Fast. My manager always knew what he wanted and moved on it. He knew I had several irons in the fire, and I have an offer with in a week of my first interview

Interview Questions

• Why you over the 20 guys with more experience than you that I've interviewed   1 Answer

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo (Edison, NJ).

Interview

5 hours, Approximately 7 people. Many situational questions relating to stress and teamwork, personality questions, what I was interested in, why this company, why the industry, why this position, what prior experiences did I have. Also asked about my short term and long term goals. Met people in the department as well as HR. Had a good time meeting the team, all were very open in sharing their experiences and answering my questions. Heard back in about a week via phone call.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in November 2014.

Interview

Efficient, smooth process. Recruiter was friendly and started with a phone conversation. Met with lead HR person. Used an interview feedback sheet which shows they are trying to make an apples to apples comparison. Only had a first round interview, however they started on time and ended on time which is appreciated.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

The important portion of the interview is the behavior questions. The rest are pretty much of your resume. They need to know that you are someone who takes the initiative, as well as being accountable for their actions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Interview

The interview process started by applying online at their website. I was contacted by a regional manager. The interview process included going over my resume from bottom to top. The recruiter seemed to scoff whenever I changed jobs. The most obvious disappointment included leaving a popular car rental company for a more lucrative position (3x the salary). He repeatedly stated why pharma sales. Almost like I wasn't good enough. After interviewing for this pharma company I had somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth compared to the others that I have had contact with. Even when compared to the ones that I drove 200+ miles and had to pay $50 for parking and this was a phone screen. Overall I would consider the position but I didn't enjoy the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why pharma? Why pharma? Why pharma? Why haven't you worked in pharma?   1 Answer