Daiichi Sankyo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

The important portion of the interview is the behavior questions. The rest are pretty much of your resume. They need to know that you are someone who takes the initiative, as well as being accountable for their actions

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

The interview process started by applying online at their website. I was contacted by a regional manager. The interview process included going over my resume from bottom to top. The recruiter seemed to scoff whenever I changed jobs. The most obvious disappointment included leaving a popular car rental company for a more lucrative position (3x the salary).

He repeatedly stated why pharma sales. Almost like I wasn't good enough.

After interviewing for this pharma company I had somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth compared to the others that I have had contact with. Even when compared to the ones that I drove 200+ miles and had to pay $50 for parking and this was a phone screen.

Overall I would consider the position but I didn't enjoy the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why pharma? Why pharma? Why pharma? Why haven't you worked in pharma?   View Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in July 2014.

Initial phone interview that took about twenty minutes. Face to face interview one week later that took about an hour. Waiting to hear back. District Manager who did interviewing was friendly and professional.

Primary Care Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in June 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via email to set up an interview. The following week I had a phone interview. After this, I was invited to an in-person interview which took place a week later. At this interview the questions were more situation based.

Interview Questions
    • If you were not to get this job, what do you imagine you would do after? (I don't believe everyone would get this question though. I think it was asked of me because I do not have a sales background.)   Answer Question

Call Plan and Alignment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in June 2014.

I fist interviewed over the phone with my former manager. for 30 mins and the main topic was about my knowledge of excel being a huge plus. They wanted someone above average at using the program and that can communicate on a daily basis with the field. A couple weeks later I traveled to the company headquarters and sat in a small conference room getting interviewed by 3 different managers at once about my knowledge of the field and my background. They specifically were more concerned if you can understand how to work with computer programs and know how to research and investigate issues on your own (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables)

Take it or leave it

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Phone screening then face to face. Reviewed my resume during the phone interview with the District manager, starting from the bottom to the top. Then answered why us? The Manager wanted to know numbers related to past performance in previous jobs as well as what type of numbers I'm producing now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an unpleasant experience you had and how you turned it around to positive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Daiichi Sankyo in May 2014.

I applied to the position online, through indeed.com, and my college career website, as well as sent a confirmation email with my resume attached to the recruiter. I was contaced via phone within 40 minutes of sending the email, and arranged for a phone interview the following week, which lasted 13 minutes. Arranged for a face-to-face the next day, for a time at beginning of May. erview process was very nerve wrecking because this was a major position I knew I wanted to land. Four different people during a length of two hours asked mostly behavioral questions. I went home early afternoon, and was offered the position within 8 hours of completing the interview process. Began the position within two weeks. Overall process: 6 weeks

Interview Questions
    • "If I were to give that pale by the door, filled with rocks, and I asked you how much water can you fill the pale with? How you would go about it?"   Answer Question
    Hiring recruiter was the most helpful lady I have ever had and was very interested in getting me the best offer for the position. Ultimately was provided a substantial offer, and accepted.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Did initial phone interview with district manager. Then went on a face to face with hiring manager. waiting to hear back

Interview Questions
    • Interview was pretty standard. basically geared towards how my background would transfer into pharma   Answer Question

Pre-screen is challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Daiichi Sankyo.

Simple stratight forward interview about my experience and knowledge on scietific literature research.