Daimler Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Updated Jul 14, 2014

3.1

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in May 2010.

Overall process took 3 month,
    step 1 with online assessment, followed by 1~2 interviews to HR including a presentation on the past work, finally you will be invited to a 2 days assessment center that you will be given roll play, case study, group discussion as well as face to face interview to company's senior executives.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you made a wrong decision that made company lost millions of dollars?   View Answer
    It was a fixed package for all MA program trainee, so the package was not negotiable.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daimler in November 2010.

I got this information on the uni career site and applied through emails. I got an invitation for site interview in about 1 week. It was in admiralty, HK. On entering the company, out of the color and furnishing I got a simple but efficient feeling. One HR manager welcomed me very warmly with background questions and an internal formal table for me to fill. About 30 mins later, the interviewer came in, a professional and western feel lady. She was quite harsh on various behavior questions and scenario questions, very aggressive and pressure-giving. However she had no technical questions for me which made my advantage invisible. I was struggling on her questions for every small detail on my resume until an hour later I walked out of the conference room. One week later, I fortunately got the offer from her but decided to decline due to better choice. Though it was intern position, it was well paid. Mercedes Benz in HK is no doubt a professional and typical western cultured. It was a hard choice.

Interview Questions
    • What if you are not invited to the further process?   View Answer

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in June 2011.

The process was very tedious. The reason was that it was an external setting acted and it was about a position with leadership responsibilities. making a total of about 6 meetings with different locations. The content can not be negotiated, there are fixed steps.
    In the first interviews, the feedback was very timely manner, but in terms of administrative matters, the whole thing moved very protracted.

Interview Questions
    • Very challenging were the questions about to the concret job that is to be awarded. Content and ideas were checked very carefully.   Answer Question
    Only setting time

Internship At Daimler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in April 2013.

A month after I applied they emailed me to invite me directly to an on-site interview.

The 2 interviewers (Project Manager and a colleague) were friendly and talked a lot about the project - I think they talked more than I did, which was strange! There were a couple of typical questions about strengths/weaknesses and study choice, but above all they were interested in my knowledge of the industry and the sector I applied for. As I applied for a non-technical role, this was a bit of a surprise and I struggled to answer the questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in December 2012.

The interview was a conventional interview. It starts with an introduction about themselves and then you should interview yourselves and they will ask you to take them through your CV.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sketch a process for baking a cake.   View Answer

Aftersales Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler in December 2012.

It all starts with the online applications, than there will be a phone call to set up an interview date, most people have to travel to Germany but if you are a foreigner it might happen that it will be only a phone call. The interview itself is in German but some parts are in English.

The interview itself is almost 2 hour long. Usually the interviewer starts with the explaination of the area you would be working in and what this internship would look like (routine tasks and extra projects) than you have to tell everything about you. Than you get a case study where you have to explain and understand a graph of the aftersales market. Than you will be asked some questions like: What are your weaknesses or do you like to work in a team or how well you speak english (This section might be in english) etc. Finally the interviewer will be happy to let ask you questions.

Than in 3-4 weeks you will know if you got the internship and than it will be submited to the board if they do accept you.

Interview Questions
    • How does the Lubricant market look like in Germany and worldwide?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daimler in August 2013.

Two phone screens, followed by an onsite. Very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, just good honest evaluation of skill and personality fit.   Answer Question
    Contract, so predetermined by contracting agency.

Customer Relationship Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler in April 2013.

Online Application through Daimler website, brief phone interview conducted within one week in English, offer of on-site interview following week. In person interview at Stuttgart HQ with direct supervisor and manager, both asked questions mainly about past work experience. First 40min in German then switched to English.

Interview Questions
    • What is your all-time favorite Mercedes?   View Answer
    No negotiation, standard 1000 euro/month internship stipend, and free access to the MB Museum

Master Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sindelfingen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sindelfingen (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Daimler in January 2013.

The interview was not in the technical sound, it was more general interview about my university and past experiences

Interview Questions
    there is no negotiation phase for intern

Internship Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Daimler in July 2010.

Very unfriendly and senceless questions

Interview Questions
    • What would you do, if you have a Problem to find a solution?! Without any context...   Answer Question