Daimler Trucks North America

Getting the Interview

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview Details – Specifically asked if working knowledge of six sigma, automotive background, time studies, OSHA, willing to work in union shop

Negotiation Details – none

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in October 2010.

Interview Details – General interview - no technical test -

Interview Question – No usual questions or difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, 1:1 Interview, Group

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview Details – Applied online on their website, got called in for interview, interview with hiring manager and Hr representative

Interview Question – How do you communicate bad news on behalf of manager?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview Details – Open jobs are first posted internally for at least one week. If no suitable internal candidates are found, then the job is posted externally. Contractors can only apply once the job has been posted externally. The interview process varies widely among hiring managers, some opting to include peers or subordinates, either one-on-one or a panel situation.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiating room. Depending on the time of year, you should ask if you are eligible for next merit increase. If not, then you can sometimes push for a higher starting salary.

Training & Development Coordinator Interview

Portland, OR

I applied online and interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and cover letter online. Originally learned about the job via a LinkedIn discussion group posting. The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went smoothly. Some questions from the phone interview: Why did I want to work for Daimler? What were my salary expectations? (I thought discussing salary at this point in the process was too early.)

Later that day was invited to a 3-person panel in-person interview by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell us about an experience of when you were frustrated in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

Interview Details – I was phoned to schedule an interview (by phone). Then I was asked various questions, about 35 minutes worth of questions. They were typical behavioral/ experience questions. Not very difficult or prying questions. The people interviewing me were nice and easy to talk to. Then, after a week, I was called and offered the job.

Interview Question – Where did you learn your foreign language and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Engineer II Interview

Engineer II
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview Details – Didn't have to interview. I knew the department head from Internship experience.

Interview Question – First day on the job, my boss introduced himself, told me he was getting a divorce.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was so young. Just happy to get a job. Was told compensation was higher than average because I had Master's Degree.

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in August 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring manager has most say in who gets through the door - even the 1st foot through the door through the resume filters - regardless of position or what HR says. Some managers make the time to do a thorough acclimation process with a potential candidate - some do not. Most promotion opportunities go to German staff or are the result of a shakeup - rarely from normal succession planning triggers like retirement or death or daisy-chain promotion rotations.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I encountered was when the hiring manager emphasized after that we had already thoroughly discussed expectations, roles, duties, and the such when we didn't. How are you supposed to answer or respond to a question which describes a situation that hasn't occurred yet? You have to be able to dance without lying - some managers, senior managers, and directors likes this - they are more interested in ending a meeting 'on a positive note' or with a good feeling than they are in actually addressing topics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One-sided. The position have their bands (which are too low compared to industry standards) and I was told I was inaugurated at the top of my band so there was no negotiation even though I posed the standard proposals: 1) additional weeks of vacation based on experience - no 2) additional signing bonus based on other offers - no 3) additional comp time for (at the time potential) ludicrous hours - no 4) immediate vesting in 401(k) and/or pension based on experience - no 5) annual training budget - no 6) documented evidence of high-performance yielding high rewards - no 7) documented agreement of high-performance for high rewards (a system) - no.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Portland, OR

Interview Details – Very professionally conducted. First received a phone call from the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for the following week. Lasted about an hour and I was given a history of the company, details about the position and even told that salary was in the range I had requested. Asked me some job specific types of questions. Was called the next week for an in person interview. Very professional and very informative.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult coworker. What exactly happened to make this person difficult and how was it handled?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Daimler Trucks North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Daimler Trucks North America interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Daimler Trucks North America employees and interview candidates.