Daimler Trucks North America

2.5

Business Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2014.

Initially, I was interviewed by phone and asked a series of questions. She then let me know that she'd give me another phone call the following week to schedule an in-person interview. I received the call the following week and was scheduled to meet for the interview at their corporate office (wasn't a very convenient location, nor where I'd be working if offered a position). It was a behavioral interview and it only took about 30-45 minutes. There, I was asked another series of questions by her and another employer. She had a list of questions and wrote all of my answers down.

Overall, the interview went pretty well. I answered most of the questions confidently (a few times hearing one of them say they liked my answer) and was qualified for the position. The corporate company building was nice and it seemed like a very nice environment. However, the company is known for hiring only within or hiring employees' children first. This was the case.

Two weeks later I received a rejection letter informing me that the position had been filled. An inside source from the company informed me that another employee's child had been interviewed over the phone and was offered the position immediately.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2014.

Applied online. Got a call for an interview the next week and a response within a week. The interview was casual and every answer to my questions exceeded what I thought I was going to learn. Security guy was easy to talk to and helped settle the nerves a bit. Noticed that Daimler cares about its employees.

Interview Questions
    • No question struck me as difficult. Went through my resume, but the interview flowed like a conversation for the most part.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Specifically asked if working knowledge of six sigma, automotive background, time studies, OSHA, willing to work in union shop

none

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Applied online on their website, got called in for interview, interview with hiring manager and Hr representative

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in December 2013.

One HR person, and the direct team leader. Questions were mostly engineering focus and related to the job tasks and knowledge for the job. Not much focus about personality or "how would you behave in xyz situation." My feeling was that the interview was shallow.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an event at previous work that involves you to think and act beyond your job expectations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, even though the management and HR were willing to exchange or entertain a debate, no review was done on the offer. My feeling was that Daimler is a cheap company. The competition pays more for the same position, experience, and education level. I accepted the offer because it gives room to look for something else.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Open jobs are first posted internally for at least one week. If no suitable internal candidates are found, then the job is posted externally. Contractors can only apply once the job has been posted externally. The interview process varies widely among hiring managers, some opting to include peers or subordinates, either one-on-one or a panel situation.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiating room. Depending on the time of year, you should ask if you are eligible for next merit increase. If not, then you can sometimes push for a higher starting salary.

Training & Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Submitted my resume and cover letter online. Originally learned about the job via a LinkedIn discussion group posting. The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went smoothly. Some questions from the phone interview: Why did I want to work for Daimler? What were my salary expectations? (I thought discussing salary at this point in the process was too early.)

Later that day was invited to a 3-person panel in-person interview by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an experience of when you were frustrated in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

I was phoned to schedule an interview (by phone). Then I was asked various questions, about 35 minutes worth of questions. They were typical behavioral/ experience questions. Not very difficult or prying questions. The people interviewing me were nice and easy to talk to. Then, after a week, I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Where did you learn your foreign language and why?   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Didn't have to interview. I knew the department head from Internship experience.

Interview Questions
    • First day on the job, my boss introduced himself, told me he was getting a divorce.   Answer Question
    I was so young. Just happy to get a job. Was told compensation was higher than average because I had Master's Degree.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Very professionally conducted. First received a phone call from the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for the following week. Lasted about an hour and I was given a history of the company, details about the position and even told that salary was in the range I had requested. Asked me some job specific types of questions. Was called the next week for an in person interview. Very professional and very informative.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult coworker. What exactly happened to make this person difficult and how was it handled?   Answer Question