Daimler Trucks North America

Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.5

Lead Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in October 2012.

The process was as planned and people were very nice and professional. I went through all the relevant questionnaries and came to find out they decided to hire an internal candidate.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

In-person interview with hiring manager (Used Truck District Manager) then a a full day series of interviews with both corporate staff and executives, including most of the time with the hiring managers supervisor (Director of Sales and Marketing). He was not candid in the process about his management style (command and control) or the significant strategic issue facing the business.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult interview series. Company appeared cheap by not offering to fly me in the night before - had an 19 hour day trip (from leaving home to arriving back home).   Answer Question
    Limited negotiation. Below market compensation package.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2011.

First, there was a panel interview over the phone, which included the Pricing Strategy Manager, HR Recruiter and two maybe three other people.

These were mostly personality/ behavior questions. No techinical questions were asked.

Nearly a week later, invited to final rounds in Charlotte, called the Assessment Center, which lasted the entire day! From 8am until 6pm, but you are given short but frequent breaks, lunch and snacks provided.

First Exercise: Given five minutes to prepare a brief introduction of yourself, which should include a marketing tag line that explains or captures the nature of your career.

Second Exercise: Given one hour to prepare an analyst presentation based on Customer Satisafaction Index gather from a survey. You have to write out your presentation materials on a giant sticky pad page and presentation must be 10 minutes and questions are asked afterward.

Third Exercise: Group Presentation. You are asked to design a marketing plan during an executive meeting where the interviewers are silient observers. and then you are supposed to wrap up the meeting and prepare a presentation reporting your ideas. The prep time was 20 minutes and the exercise itself was 60 minutes including the presentation. WATCH UR TIME!

Fourth Exercise: Role Play. you are a mercedes rep with full budget discretion and you have an angry but very valuable customer who broke his/her 90,000 car. Negociate so that you can retain the customer and not spend lots of money. Remain calm and get to negociation quickly

Fifth Exercise: 2 on 1 interview. All behavioral.

Sixth Exercise: Global Discussion. 3 case-lets, where you and another candidate discuss a project or venture from start to finish. Looking for creativity and insights

There were also a number of company presentations.

Interview Questions
    • What is your leadership style and how did you see it play out during the team exercise?   Answer Question
    • What is most attractive about this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2011.

Phone interview with hiring manager plus two employees. Followup live interview with hiring manager plus two employees made one month later. Then offer made two weeks later. Hiring manager appears to have the most direct influence, but HR policy seems to be attempting to level-set standards in an ever-changing way. A lot of the postings seem to be tailored to specific individuals with job-specific responsibilities as opposed to a general area would make sense to any external candidate. Some areas can get a willing body on board within two business weeks. Others take months or years (note: what candidates wait that long?!?).

CAReers Intern - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2011.

Initially they contacted me by phone to find a time that would work for a phone interview. After that was set up, they called at the scheduled time, possibly a few minutes late. It was three people on the other line, a HR person, and two managers. They started by going over what the position entailed and basically what the company, and more specifically that branch of the company did. The HR person was friendly, as was one of the managers, although another seemed somewhat disinterested. They went over my resume and wanted me to explain what I did in my previous employment, as well as asking what I was doing with myself currently, seeing that I have been out of work for about a year at the time of the interview. They asked me questions, I asked them questions. There was no problem solving, just background, behavioral and future plan questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about previous my duties at my previous place of work.   Answer Question
    • What have I been doing while I have been out of work?   View Answer
    • Where do I see myself in 3 years? In managerial position, or in a technical position?   Answer Question

Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in November 2010.

Assesment center: 3 candidates per position, group presentation with fellow candidates, individual presentation, role-play, hiring manager & HR manager job-specific interview.

Travel, food and accomodation expenses were covered
    Sandwiches and chips for lunch (I thought it was pretty cheap of them)
    No neckties on managers gave the impression of a dynamic work atmosphere
    Befriended HR girls: Very nice and helpful. They also gave good advice about the interview and hiring process.

Warning: The entire interview process was misleading since the hiring manager did not end up being my manager, and my job functions were so vague it seemed to be a flexible workplace...not!

Advice: Make sure your hiring manager requested a CAReer trainee. My position was requested by one department, then I was taken by another for political reasons I never fully understood.

Interview Questions
    • How would you defend/refute hybrid vs. electric vs. fuel cell vs. LPG powerplants for future vehicles?   View Answer
    • What if you don't really end up doing what you are expecting this job will require from you?   View Answer
    No negotiation on my part. Initial salary offer was high.

Do ask for a higher salary, relocation assistance, or negotiate some extra vacation time.

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in October 2010.

General interview - no technical test -

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in September 2010.

Jobs are sometimes posted with the idea of converting a current contractor to a direct hire. They go through the motions of interviewing multiple candidates before choosing the preferred candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest difficulty you had to overcome in a previous position?   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in April 2010.

Phone Interview, 1:1 Interview, Group

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in April 2010.

Very professional

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to rely on your sense of urgency   Answer Question