Daimler Trucks North America

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in August 2008.

Hiring manager has most say in who gets through the door - even the 1st foot through the door through the resume filters - regardless of position or what HR says. Some managers make the time to do a thorough acclimation process with a potential candidate - some do not. Most promotion opportunities go to German staff or are the result of a shakeup - rarely from normal succession planning triggers like retirement or death or daisy-chain promotion rotations.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question I encountered was when the hiring manager emphasized after that we had already thoroughly discussed expectations, roles, duties, and the such when we didn't. How are you supposed to answer or respond to a question which describes a situation that hasn't occurred yet? You have to be able to dance without lying - some managers, senior managers, and directors likes this - they are more interested in ending a meeting 'on a positive note' or with a good feeling than they are in actually addressing topics.   Answer Question
One-sided. The position have their bands (which are too low compared to industry standards) and I was told I was inaugurated at the top of my band so there was no negotiation even though I posed the standard proposals: 1) additional weeks of vacation based on experience - no 2) additional signing bonus based on other offers - no 3) additional comp time for (at the time potential) ludicrous hours - no 4) immediate vesting in 401(k) and/or pension based on experience - no 5) annual training budget - no 6) documented evidence of high-performance yielding high rewards - no 7) documented agreement of high-performance for high rewards (a system) - no.

Worked for Daimler Trucks North America? Contribute to the Community!