Daimler Trucks North America

2.2

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2014.

Applied online. Got a call for an interview the next week and a response within a week. The interview was casual and every answer to my questions exceeded what I thought I was going to learn. Security guy was easy to talk to and helped settle the nerves a bit. Noticed that Daimler cares about its employees.

Interview Questions
    • No question struck me as difficult. Went through my resume, but the interview flowed like a conversation for the most part.   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in December 2013.

One HR person, and the direct team leader. Questions were mostly engineering focus and related to the job tasks and knowledge for the job. Not much focus about personality or "how would you behave in xyz situation." My feeling was that the interview was shallow.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about an event at previous work that involves you to think and act beyond your job expectations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, even though the management and HR were willing to exchange or entertain a debate, no review was done on the offer. My feeling was that Daimler is a cheap company. The competition pays more for the same position, experience, and education level. I accepted the offer because it gives room to look for something else.

Training & Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Submitted my resume and cover letter online. Originally learned about the job via a LinkedIn discussion group posting. The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went smoothly. Some questions from the phone interview: Why did I want to work for Daimler? What were my salary expectations? (I thought discussing salary at this point in the process was too early.)

Later that day was invited to a 3-person panel in-person interview by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about an experience of when you were frustrated in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Didn't have to interview. I knew the department head from Internship experience.

Interview Questions
    • First day on the job, my boss introduced himself, told me he was getting a divorce.   Answer Question
    I was so young. Just happy to get a job. Was told compensation was higher than average because I had Master's Degree.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Very professionally conducted. First received a phone call from the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for the following week. Lasted about an hour and I was given a history of the company, details about the position and even told that salary was in the range I had requested. Asked me some job specific types of questions. Was called the next week for an in person interview. Very professional and very informative.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult coworker. What exactly happened to make this person difficult and how was it handled?   Answer Question

Lead Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in October 2012.

The process was as planned and people were very nice and professional. I went through all the relevant questionnaries and came to find out they decided to hire an internal candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2011.

Phone interview with hiring manager plus two employees. Followup live interview with hiring manager plus two employees made one month later. Then offer made two weeks later. Hiring manager appears to have the most direct influence, but HR policy seems to be attempting to level-set standards in an ever-changing way. A lot of the postings seem to be tailored to specific individuals with job-specific responsibilities as opposed to a general area would make sense to any external candidate. Some areas can get a willing body on board within two business weeks. Others take months or years (note: what candidates wait that long?!?).

CAReers Intern - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2011.

Initially they contacted me by phone to find a time that would work for a phone interview. After that was set up, they called at the scheduled time, possibly a few minutes late. It was three people on the other line, a HR person, and two managers. They started by going over what the position entailed and basically what the company, and more specifically that branch of the company did. The HR person was friendly, as was one of the managers, although another seemed somewhat disinterested. They went over my resume and wanted me to explain what I did in my previous employment, as well as asking what I was doing with myself currently, seeing that I have been out of work for about a year at the time of the interview. They asked me questions, I asked them questions. There was no problem solving, just background, behavioral and future plan questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about previous my duties at my previous place of work.   Answer Question
    • What have I been doing while I have been out of work?   View Answer
    • Where do I see myself in 3 years? In managerial position, or in a technical position?   Answer Question

Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in November 2010.

Assesment center: 3 candidates per position, group presentation with fellow candidates, individual presentation, role-play, hiring manager & HR manager job-specific interview.

Travel, food and accomodation expenses were covered
    Sandwiches and chips for lunch (I thought it was pretty cheap of them)
    No neckties on managers gave the impression of a dynamic work atmosphere
    Befriended HR girls: Very nice and helpful. They also gave good advice about the interview and hiring process.

Warning: The entire interview process was misleading since the hiring manager did not end up being my manager, and my job functions were so vague it seemed to be a flexible workplace...not!

Advice: Make sure your hiring manager requested a CAReer trainee. My position was requested by one department, then I was taken by another for political reasons I never fully understood.

Interview Questions
    • How would you defend/refute hybrid vs. electric vs. fuel cell vs. LPG powerplants for future vehicles?   View Answer
    • What if you don't really end up doing what you are expecting this job will require from you?   View Answer
    No negotiation on my part. Initial salary offer was high.

Do ask for a higher salary, relocation assistance, or negotiate some extra vacation time.

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in September 2010.

Jobs are sometimes posted with the idea of converting a current contractor to a direct hire. They go through the motions of interviewing multiple candidates before choosing the preferred candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest difficulty you had to overcome in a previous position?   View Answer