Dairy Queen

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lenexa, KS

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions for cashiers — money handling experience, customer service experience, able to memorize items, etc.

Interview Question – What are my hobbies — it seemed really out of place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had asked for $7.75 because I had two years prior experience in food-handling as well as waitressing. I was started at $7.50 and was told a raise would be granted within 30 days upon performance.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – I went directly to the store and asked for an application. the cashier told me to go online and apply. i applied the same day and called a couple of days later and was asked to come in for an interview. the supervisor was nice and down to earth and seemed interested in me. she asked simple questions and because i had previous experience she assumed i knew the ropes. she laid down the law from the start but also had a hint of leniency. after the interview i was called back the next day and was asked to come to work

Interview Question – the most difficult question was what to do when somebody else was doing wrong   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Owners ask you basic questions like previous cashier experience, how organized are you, are you good at multitasking, etc.

Interview Question – Any previous cashier experience?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Applied in person, got a call within two day. Interview within a week.

Interview Question – How do you handle people who are upset with you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy process. They want upbeat young people who are willing to learn. Incorporate your school experience into your answers if this is your first job or you're a student.

Interview Question – What is good customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You start at minimum wage and rarely get a raise unless they promote you to shift leader, and even then it's not that great. Good first job but no room for advancement in pay or position, really.

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details – Simple interview.. Only really asked how many hours I was willing to work per week and if I had a means of transportation to and from work. I was basically hired on the spot.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Interview Question – What are three words that describe you?   Answer Question

Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Pretty basic questions for a high school student with no experience.

Interview Question – Just let them know you are a good people person and how much you enjoy working with and communicating with others and you will get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimum wage

Very Difficult Interview

Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Interview Question – Tell Me About Yourself . . .   View Answer

Cashier

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2009.

Interview Details – they asked me to describe myself, are you able to work under pressure/ multitask. what your definition of customer service

Interview Question – whats your definition of customer service   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dairy Queen

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dairy Queen Cashier interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dairy Queen employees and interview candidates.