Dairy Queen Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen (Louisville, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

Needed to know the standard basics. Experience in the food industry. Experience with fast food and customer service. Asked best example of how to resolve customer complaints.I guess it's a bit different due to having a frozen food product vs just burgers.

Interview Questions

• toughest situation you ever been in at the restaurant?   1 Answer

Pay

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Applied on indeed.com an new store was opening, within two weeks got an interview was pretty easy basic questions why should we hire you? Are you in school? Do you like working with children?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Corona, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Very very simple interview asked me maybe 3 questions and I was hired on the spot. Managers were very nice at first it was a brand new store. Was interviewed by 2 different people. Great place to work but the managers here sucked.

Interview Questions

• Previous employment? What do you know about the company? Availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

Basic interview questions for cashiers — money handling experience, customer service experience, able to memorize items, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are my hobbies — it seemed really out of place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had asked for $7.75 because I had two years prior experience in food-handling as well as waitressing. I was started at $7.50 and was told a raise would be granted within 30 days upon performance.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

I went directly to the store and asked for an application. the cashier told me to go online and apply. i applied the same day and called a couple of days later and was asked to come in for an interview. the supervisor was nice and down to earth and seemed interested in me. she asked simple questions and because i had previous experience she assumed i knew the ropes. she laid down the law from the start but also had a hint of leniency. after the interview i was called back the next day and was asked to come to work

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was what to do when somebody else was doing wrong   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Owners ask you basic questions like previous cashier experience, how organized are you, are you good at multitasking, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied in person, got a call within two day. Interview within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Cashier Interview

Interview

Simple interview.. Only really asked how many hours I was willing to work per week and if I had a means of transportation to and from work. I was basically hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Pretty basic questions for a high school student with no experience.

Interview Questions

• Just let them know you are a good people person and how much you enjoy working with and communicating with others and you will get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Oxnard, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself . . .   1 Answer