Dairy Queen Cashier Interview Questions

1.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Basic interview questions for cashiers — money handling experience, customer service experience, able to memorize items, etc.

Interview Questions
  • What are my hobbies — it seemed really out of place.   Answer Question
I had asked for $7.75 because I had two years prior experience in food-handling as well as waitressing. I was started at $7.50 and was told a raise would be granted within 30 days upon performance.

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

I went directly to the store and asked for an application. the cashier told me to go online and apply. i applied the same day and called a couple of days later and was asked to come in for an interview. the supervisor was nice and down to earth and seemed interested in me. she asked simple questions and because i had previous experience she assumed i knew the ropes. she laid down the law from the start but also had a hint of leniency. after the interview i was called back the next day and was asked to come to work

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was what to do when somebody else was doing wrong   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Owners ask you basic questions like previous cashier experience, how organized are you, are you good at multitasking, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Applied in person, got a call within two day. Interview within a week.

None

Cashier Interview

Simple interview.. Only really asked how many hours I was willing to work per week and if I had a means of transportation to and from work. I was basically hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Pretty basic questions for a high school student with no experience.

Interview Questions
    • Just let them know you are a good people person and how much you enjoy working with and communicating with others and you will get the job.   Answer Question
    minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

Very easy process. They want upbeat young people who are willing to learn. Incorporate your school experience into your answers if this is your first job or you're a student.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You start at minimum wage and rarely get a raise unless they promote you to shift leader, and even then it's not that great. Good first job but no room for advancement in pay or position, really.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

I applied there for my first job while in highschool and the supervisor had a 5 minutes interview with me on the spot and hired me. They asked me very basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the future? What are your hobbies? What do you dislike? They will hire almost everyone that applies. Just look clean and tidy.