Dairy Queen Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

It was really quick and surprisingly easy. I went in with a manager named Mike and he just asked me the basic questions, I.e: What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen? Etc. Then I was given a blizzard recipe list to study and scheduled for a second interview with the head manager. There were only a few days between my interviews, the second Interview I was tested on the blizzards and asked a couple more questions and then I was told I was hired on. I recieved my paper work and got training in like a week or two. [They were remodeling at the time and had to wait for the building to be finished before putting us to work].

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Roseville, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was extremely short and easy. Basically asked what experience I had, if I had times that would interfere with working, and when I could start. I had to go in-person and ask for an interview in order to get one.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Probably the easiest interview ever. All they asked was my availability and if I was up for the responsibilities. The downside was that the interviewer talked really fast and it was a little hard to hear what she was asking. I didn't get an offer for the position, maybe because of my availability/ lack of experience.

Crew Member Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The manager called me and we set up an interview for a couple days later. When it was time to interview, I had to wait about 5-10 minutes for her to come, but after that it went well.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The interview lasted about a minute. I tried to explain my situation to him and he just said i can't hire you. It was not help full at all. He did not listen to me, as i tried to tell him i'd be old enough to work for him in a few weeks, but he just said to go.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Cary, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They ask you not to call until they call you to schedule an appointment for an interview. (If you call before they do they will say you can't follow directions and toss out your application.) Try to be very perky and happy at your interview. Show responsibility. When I didn't hear a status on my interview by the deadline the GM said I called in. That was admired, and I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you need any days off?   1 Answer
    • Do you like to keep a clean work station?   1 Answer
    • Do you know anyone that works here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. The owner just asked some simple questions. He is looking for the typical answers, just say the first thing that comes to your mind. He only interviews like three people at a time so your chances of getting the job are high.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend came in and they asked for a free cone, what would you do?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Whole process took 3 days, Applied the first day, went in the next day for an interview, got hired on the spot, and started the next day. Started out in ice cream, then moved to cashier, and now i'm doing drive-thru.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate anything except number of hours worked per week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

The DQ I was applying to was barely being built so we would apply at another location. I applied and the next week I got a call. They asked if I wanted to work at DQ and I said I would love to so then they gave me my start date/ orientation day and that was it. No interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dairy Queen (Tomball, TX).

Interview

I applied in person on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Monday at 10 for an interview. The interview didn't even last 5 minutes and the manager got up to get me papers to fill out so I could start. When I finished a the papers, he looked them over to make sure I didn't miss anything and said he would call me to let me know when I start. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then one of the other managers called me and asked me to come in the next day. I later found out that manager who had interviewed me, forgot to call me and the manager who finally called me had found my papers that were supposed to have been sent off and weren't.

Interview Questions

• We get really busy, do you think you can handle that?   1 Answer