Dairy Queen

Updated Dec 11, 2014

1.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Whole process took 3 days, Applied the first day, went in the next day for an interview, got hired on the spot, and started the next day. Started out in ice cream, then moved to cashier, and now i'm doing drive-thru.

Interview Questions
Wasn't able to negotiate anything except number of hours worked per week.

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tomball, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

I applied in person on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Monday at 10 for an interview. The interview didn't even last 5 minutes and the manager got up to get me papers to fill out so I could start.
    When I finished a the papers, he looked them over to make sure I didn't miss anything and said he would call me to let me know when I start. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and then one of the other managers called me and asked me to come in the next day.
    I later found out that manager who had interviewed me, forgot to call me and the manager who finally called me had found my papers that were supposed to have been sent off and weren't.

Interview Questions
    • We get really busy, do you think you can handle that?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

I handed in my application in person and one month later I was called to set up an interview. The interview asked questions like how would your friends describe you, why should we hire you, basic questions like that. The manager said he would call me in 1-2 weeks to tell me if I got the job or not but they called to tell me I got the job just 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know any history about Dairy Queen?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

Alright! This was my first peek into the job world. I looked over this website to get myself acquainted to some of the possible questions asked to a student like myself. I submitted my app, and just about a week later, i received a call, asking if i was still interested in a position. I went to their DQ office for my scheduled time, and to my surprise, everything went not as i had planned at all. I had expected a one on one sit down interview. I wasn't even questioned at all, i was given a job offer right away!! I thought that was pretty amazing. I took the offer, and my boss gave me a name tag and shirt. I went through training that very same day! It had to be an awesome non traditional experience.

Interview Questions
    • I'm going to offer you the job today, you may accept it or decline it; sometimes this job isn't for everyone, okay?   View Answer
    I basically said yes and my boss gave me all of the necessary things to get me started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

I applied for this job on snagajob.com and the day after I sent my application, I got a call from the manager to come in for an interview. I was hired in the winter of this past year, and I was interviewed with a group of about 5 people. My manager simply told us a VERY brief overview of the job, gave us a list of blizzards to memorize, and told us that we were all hired.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask anything difficult, barely asked anything at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

The interview process was a bit stressful but overall pretty simple. I applied online (I found a link on the stores website) for a grill job. I was called to schedule an interview about a week after I submitted the application. The first interview was very short. I'm assuming I came in on a busy day because I had to wait about 25 mins to be interviewed, and like I said the interview only lasted a few minutes. I was asked my age, where I went to school and a few other questions. At the end the person who was interviewing me told me I was going to have another interview with a different manger. They called me back three days after the first interview to schedule the second. The second one was a lot longer and talked about availability, etc. I guess they really needed people on grill because I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions but I would have to say the hardest one was, "why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2011.

I walked into an interview that I thought was one-on-one and ended up getting interviewed by the owner/manager and her husband (who was a cop) it still is rather odd that it happened that way. It lasted only for about ten minutes. They asked me questions like how would your friends describe you? Why should we hire you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2008.

Very informal. Just sat for a one-on-one interview with a manager who asked a few easy questions. We mostly talked about availability. He then went directly into describing the position, dress code, company policies etc. He helped me with the filling out all the necessary paperwork and I started working the next day.

Crew Member Interview

Simple basic interview questions, "Tell me about yourself, what does good customer service mean to you"
    Didn't need to press up that formal for the interview
    the interview was fairly short 15 minutes tops