Dairy Queen

64 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Front Line/Cashier
Duncanville, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Interview Question – The questions were easy in my opinion.   Answer Question

Head Cook Interview

Head Cook

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Only one interview and simple questions such as "Do you have transportation?" and "Can you be reliable and able to work any shift?" questions like that. Very simple employment questions

Interview Question – There are not really any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Cashier/Crew Member
Fayette, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty easy. Questions included future goals, how to handle angry customer, a math question about giving someone change, and how teachers or friends would describe you. The manager was nice enough and it only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I have a second interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Question – What area of yourself could use improvement?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for us, the company?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details – Be capable of taking care of customer satisfaction as well as the crew

Interview Question – When are you available. Be prepared to be available always.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Grill Cook Interview

Grill Cook
Morehead, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2010.

Interview Details – very laid back, not difficult to find a job if they are hiring

Interview Question – why do you deserve a job here?   View Answers (2)

Very Easy Interview

Shift Leader Interview

Shift Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2013.

Interview Details – Online application followed by a one on one interview. Usual questions that are asked in an interview. Easy if you know how to answer them. Common sense questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Business casual, nothing impressive.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question if you know the most used interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked a fair pay and was given less.

Executive Technician Interview

Executive Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was pretty fast and painless. I was there no longer than 10 minutes. It was a little bit confusing though because my interview was at 10:00AM and the door weren't open till 11AM. I had to walk to the back of the building by the dumpsters.

Interview Question – What do you need from me to be successful?
What is you're biggest weakness?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – What were you expecting to be paid?
$XX/HR
Well we usually start new hires at $XX/HR but there is plenty of opportunities to advance if you're serious about it.
I understand and I'm completely thrilled to have this opportunity to join your wonderful company but $XX/HR is really the lowest I can go.
Well we still have a few more people to interview but I'll give you a call and let you know either way.
Thank you I appreciate it!

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Front Line/Cashier

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details – Normal Questioning about yourself.

Interview Question – When was there a time you helped resolve a conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible hours during school year.

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!