Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.8

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was really relaxed. I first turned in a paper application to DQ and I got a call a couple weeks later. The interview process wasn't that bad. It was mostly just him confirming things like my availability and where I go to school. There was a couple of questions about why you wanted to work there but all the questions were really simple. He offered the job on the spot and said to go to the ordination that was happening the next day and get work clothes and a food handlers card.

I really recommend apply to DQ during spring, early summer time. Thats the time they hired a bunch of people.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Why do you want to work at dairy queen?
      Can you work in a fast paced environment?

Answer Question

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Addison, IL).

Interview

It was very easy. I applied and then got a call to go on an interview. I was asked easy questions and about my availability since it was a part time job. I was a student so they were understanding. After the interview they offered me the job right away and I started about a week later.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garnett, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Garnett, KS).

Interview

The store owner asked me some basic questions. Some I thought were okay, but other I thought were very irrelevant, like, why I wanted the job, what my intentions were if I got the job, how I would spend my money or how I would spend my time at work, etc.

Prep Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Gadsden, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Told me prep manager wasn't a real job and that it doesn't really apply to real dairy queens and was actually asks to supervise the ice cream at 7.25. Took them probably 5 days between submitting the application the interview and the next day I received a call saying I had got the job.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Fayetteville, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Very short, asked me about myself, and told me what she expected out of me. I had to wait to get a background check then I would get a call back.

Kitchen Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Sioux City, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was a quick affair, turned in my application right as the manager was in so I was pulled for an interview right away. We talked face to face as I answered their questions and told a little about myself. After the interview was done I was offered the job right away.

Crew Member Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The manager called me and we set up an interview for a couple days later. When it was time to interview, I had to wait about 5-10 minutes for her to come, but after that it went well.

Manager Interview

Interview

The interview is quiet standard as any other interview. Start with email, phone conversation and then one on one, face on face interview at the store. The questions involved past experience and personality.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The interview lasted about a minute. I tried to explain my situation to him and he just said i can't hire you. It was not help full at all. He did not listen to me, as i tried to tell him i'd be old enough to work for him in a few weeks, but he just said to go.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

There was no interview process. The owner simply had me come in and get a work shirt and I started that day. I soon learned that this was apparently the "interview" process as this was done the same for all further employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase