Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Oxnard, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About Yourself . . .   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

The interview lasted about a minute. I tried to explain my situation to him and he just said i can't hire you. It was not help full at all. He did not listen to me, as i tried to tell him i'd be old enough to work for him in a few weeks, but he just said to go.

Presidents Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Greenville, SC) in March 2010.

Interview

I contacted IDQ for the position of Presidents Assistant. They did not have this job title in the past. I was able to "sell" the concept to the Personal Secretary and the president gave the interview to a Vice President. He was cocky and not capable of listening to the concept. He was pushy but personable. He did not respond to my conversation with relavent comments or questions. Rather he Kept telling me how they did it and did not need another position. A possible fact, butthe lack of a two way conversation between us was indicative of the problems the new position would have addressed. A common problem in the DQ franchise system. (DQ I was 10862.)

Interview Questions

• Since you hate DQ, Why would you want to work for DQ?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed on the telephone initially and was offered to come to the office for the second interview. Questions all were common questions, such as, How would you handle a customer that returns their order half eaten and wanted a refund? Why do you think we should hire you instead of another applicant? All of these questions were standard and easy to answer. After the inital interview at the office I signed a waiver to allow them to run a background check. I never got a return call after checking back 4 weeks later, I just assume they had a better qulified candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer returned their half eaten meal and wanted a full refund?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in January 2008.

Interview

They checked out my resume, and I ended up having 3 interviews. The Regional Manager was very respectful and had insightful questions to ask me.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Texarkana, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2009.

Interview

I sat down with a group of about 5 other people and the manager asked us questions in which we all took turns answering. Questions consisted of "What would you do if.." and other questions about yourself. I was called about a week later, asked a few more questions over the phone, and was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If you had someone you didn't get along with at work, how would you behave or deal with the situation?   1 Answer

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2011.

Interview

Talk to the employer and impress with knowledge, enthusiasm and ability/desire to learn more. My interview was conducted while the store was still being built so it gave me the ability to put forth ideas for how I see things happening. Speaking like you would if you had the job helps convince the employer.

Front Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rathdrum, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Rathdrum, ID) in October 2008.

Interview

Applied by going to the store. The store was preparing to open, so they had many open positions. They called me to set up an interview. I met with the managers/owners. One liked me, while the other was rude from the beginning. I didn't get hired. A week later, they called to set up another interview. This time there were the same two as before and another manager. The new manager was pleased with my after school clubs. I was hired before I left this interview. Training began a few weeks later.