Dairy Queen Interview Questions

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Presidents Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2010.

I contacted IDQ for the position of Presidents Assistant. They did not have this job title in the past. I was able to "sell" the concept to the Personal Secretary and the president gave the interview to a Vice President. He was cocky and not capable of listening to the concept. He was pushy but personable. He did not respond to my conversation with relavent comments or questions. Rather he Kept telling me how they did it and did not need another position. A possible fact, butthe lack of a two way conversation between us was indicative of the problems the new position would have addressed. A common problem in the DQ franchise system. (DQ I was 10862.)

Interview Questions
    • Since you hate DQ, Why would you want to work for DQ?   View Answer

Executive Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2013.

My interview was pretty fast and painless. I was there no longer than 10 minutes. It was a little bit confusing though because my interview was at 10:00AM and the door weren't open till 11AM. I had to walk to the back of the building by the dumpsters.

Interview Questions
    • What do you need from me to be successful?
      What is you're biggest weakness?
        View Answer
    What were you expecting to be paid?
    $XX/HR
    Well we usually start new hires at $XX/HR but there is plenty of opportunities to advance if you're serious about it.
    I understand and I'm completely thrilled to have this opportunity to join your wonderful company but $XX/HR is really the lowest I can go.
    Well we still have a few more people to interview but I'll give you a call and let you know either way.
    Thank you I appreciate it!

Service Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in December 2012.

New store, was a franchise type ordeal. The training process was really long. Trained for about 3 weeks. The GM is pretty cool guy. Very laid back interview process. Not that many hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience do you want to leave your customers with working in a fast food restaurant?   Answer Question
    Minimum wage was the standard.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

The interview process was a bit stressful but overall pretty simple. I applied online (I found a link on the stores website) for a grill job. I was called to schedule an interview about a week after I submitted the application. The first interview was very short. I'm assuming I came in on a busy day because I had to wait about 25 mins to be interviewed, and like I said the interview only lasted a few minutes. I was asked my age, where I went to school and a few other questions. At the end the person who was interviewing me told me I was going to have another interview with a different manger. They called me back three days after the first interview to schedule the second. The second one was a lot longer and talked about availability, etc. I guess they really needed people on grill because I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really difficult questions but I would have to say the hardest one was, "why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2013.

I waited for some time. When the manager came out it was very laid back and formal.

Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2010.

I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2008.

came back for second interview 2:1

Interview Questions
    • how was my energy level and how long would i be able to last   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!