Dairy Queen Interview Questions

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Presidents Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2010.

I contacted IDQ for the position of Presidents Assistant. They did not have this job title in the past. I was able to "sell" the concept to the Personal Secretary and the president gave the interview to a Vice President. He was cocky and not capable of listening to the concept. He was pushy but personable. He did not respond to my conversation with relavent comments or questions. Rather he Kept telling me how they did it and did not need another position. A possible fact, butthe lack of a two way conversation between us was indicative of the problems the new position would have addressed. A common problem in the DQ franchise system. (DQ I was 10862.)

Interview Questions
    • Since you hate DQ, Why would you want to work for DQ?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in January 2008.

They checked out my resume, and I ended up having 3 interviews. The Regional Manager was very respectful and had insightful questions to ask me.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2010.

I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2008.

came back for second interview 2:1

Interview Questions
    • how was my energy level and how long would i be able to last   Answer Question

Cake Decorator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2011.

Talk to the employer and impress with knowledge, enthusiasm and ability/desire to learn more. My interview was conducted while the store was still being built so it gave me the ability to put forth ideas for how I see things happening. Speaking like you would if you had the job helps convince the employer.

Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Front Counter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rathdrum, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rathdrum, ID

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2008.

Applied by going to the store. The store was preparing to open, so they had many open positions. They called me to set up an interview. I met with the managers/owners. One liked me, while the other was rude from the beginning. I didn't get hired. A week later, they called to set up another interview. This time there were the same two as before and another manager. The new manager was pleased with my after school clubs. I was hired before I left this interview. Training began a few weeks later.

Service Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in December 2012.

New store, was a franchise type ordeal. The training process was really long. Trained for about 3 weeks. The GM is pretty cool guy. Very laid back interview process. Not that many hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience do you want to leave your customers with working in a fast food restaurant?   Answer Question
    Minimum wage was the standard.