Dairy Queen

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

1.8

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Whole process took 3 days, Applied the first day, went in the next day for an interview, got hired on the spot, and started the next day. Started out in ice cream, then moved to cashier, and now i'm doing drive-thru.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate anything except number of hours worked per week.

Team Member Interview

Called local Dairy Queen. Filled out application. Called in by owner for an interview. Basic questions. Availability and experience were discussed. Owner was friendly and seemed like a good employer.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

Simple basic interview questions, "Tell me about yourself, what does good customer service mean to you"
    Didn't need to press up that formal for the interview
    the interview was fairly short 15 minutes tops

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2011.

I walked into an interview that I thought was one-on-one and ended up getting interviewed by the owner/manager and her husband (who was a cop) it still is rather odd that it happened that way. It lasted only for about ten minutes. They asked me questions like how would your friends describe you? Why should we hire you?

Cashier Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Applied on indeed.com an new store was opening, within two weeks got an interview was pretty easy basic questions why should we hire you? Are you in school? Do you like working with children?

N/a

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

This review pertains to the Pearland location on the newer side of Pearland. Just smile and be honest you'll get the job. They really need workers. They will pretty much hire you on the spot. The applications are on the backs of the papers on the trays you eat on when you dine in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

I applied for this job on snagajob.com and the day after I sent my application, I got a call from the manager to come in for an interview. I was hired in the winter of this past year, and I was interviewed with a group of about 5 people. My manager simply told us a VERY brief overview of the job, gave us a list of blizzards to memorize, and told us that we were all hired.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask anything difficult, barely asked anything at all.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2010.

They hire early in the year in order to get staff ready for the summer. Usually 3-4 rounds of hiring. Get your resume in as quickly as possible because the stack ends up getting too large and it's the people who apply first who have a better chance.

When you come in to drop off your resume, smile and be nice to whoever you drop it off to. Staff makes a note on the resume based on first impression. If you aren't friendly or are too quiet/too outgoing, you won't be a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Which is more important, promptness (speed of service) or courteousness (being nice to the customer)?   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

no real interview process, they call you ask you a few questions and its a yes or no. very lacking of structure and policies. they really have no upper management that knows how to interview or train, just a guy who got promoted by lack of other options a long time ago.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

I applied there for my first job while in highschool and the supervisor had a 5 minutes interview with me on the spot and hired me. They asked me very basic questions such as where do you see yourself in the future? What are your hobbies? What do you dislike? They will hire almost everyone that applies. Just look clean and tidy.