Dairy Queen

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Cook Interview

Cashier/Cook

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Came to store to pick up application for an interview, filled it out and got an interview a few months after they said they would interview me. The interview was in the store, very informal, but I still wore a suit and tie. The guy really didn't care what I was saying, and I was not hired. Found out a kid who went to my high school who's GPA was at least 2 points lower than mine got hired. So it's a crap shoot.

Interview Question – He actually used the "what kitchen appliance would you be?" Question. I had to try not to laugh.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

Interview Details – I handed in my application in person and one month later I was called to set up an interview. The interview asked questions like how would your friends describe you, why should we hire you, basic questions like that. The manager said he would call me in 1-2 weeks to tell me if I got the job or not but they called to tell me I got the job just 4 days later.

Interview Question – Do you know any history about Dairy Queen?   View Answer

Lenexa, KS

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions for cashiers — money handling experience, customer service experience, able to memorize items, etc.

Interview Question – What are my hobbies — it seemed really out of place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had asked for $7.75 because I had two years prior experience in food-handling as well as waitressing. I was started at $7.50 and was told a raise would be granted within 30 days upon performance.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – I went directly to the store and asked for an application. the cashier told me to go online and apply. i applied the same day and called a couple of days later and was asked to come in for an interview. the supervisor was nice and down to earth and seemed interested in me. she asked simple questions and because i had previous experience she assumed i knew the ropes. she laid down the law from the start but also had a hint of leniency. after the interview i was called back the next day and was asked to come to work

Interview Question – the most difficult question was what to do when somebody else was doing wrong   Answer Question

Part Time Interview

Part Time
Crystal Lake, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a stress free interview that was easy to get through. Asked some questions had to dress up.

Interview Question – All of the questions were really straightforward.   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Owners ask you basic questions like previous cashier experience, how organized are you, are you good at multitasking, etc.

Interview Question – Any previous cashier experience?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Applied in person, got a call within two day. Interview within a week.

Interview Question – How do you handle people who are upset with you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Very professional. Started with group interview and followed up with two additional interviews in person.

Interview Question – After group interview, we were asked to make a recommendation as to who, out of all of the candidates, would be the best fit for the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pleasant experience. Offer made and accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Dairy Queen

Interview Details – They asked if you can multi task, open schedule, I made food items, personality test, the interview went very well great for a part time job. Great discounts friendly coworkers, boss was also very nice parents thus would be a great after school job for your high schooler. Not stressful

Interview Question – What are your challenges in life   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy process. They want upbeat young people who are willing to learn. Incorporate your school experience into your answers if this is your first job or you're a student.

Interview Question – What is good customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You start at minimum wage and rarely get a raise unless they promote you to shift leader, and even then it's not that great. Good first job but no room for advancement in pay or position, really.