Dairy Queen Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

1.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

There was no interview process. The owner simply had me come in and get a work shirt and I started that day. I soon learned that this was apparently the "interview" process as this was done the same for all further employees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted about a week and a half later by phone. We scheduled the interview for the next day. I met with the manager, who was very polite and professional. The interview itself was short; we discussed my previous work experience and certifications, and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want this job?"   1 Answer

Kitchen Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Very inviting, normal questions, not too overwhelming. Very caring towards my well-being and very excited management staff. Asked a few quiestions about my personal life including what are my hobbies and favorite sports.

Interview Questions

• What degree am I working towards.   1 Answer

Cashier/Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

It was simple, took about 15 minutes. They asked if I like working in a team. If i was okay working at the drive through, what hours I would work considering at the time I was a High school student.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was mad how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Fast Food Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Application and one on one interview. Hiring manager was very professional and provided an excellent explanation of the job. Also provided excellent information concerning the operation of the restaurant and the expectations of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. The owner just asked some simple questions. He is looking for the typical answers, just say the first thing that comes to your mind. He only interviews like three people at a time so your chances of getting the job are high.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend came in and they asked for a free cone, what would you do?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen (Louisville, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

Needed to know the standard basics. Experience in the food industry. Experience with fast food and customer service. Asked best example of how to resolve customer complaints.I guess it's a bit different due to having a frozen food product vs just burgers.

Interview Questions

• toughest situation you ever been in at the restaurant?   1 Answer

Pay

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

Whole process took 3 days, Applied the first day, went in the next day for an interview, got hired on the spot, and started the next day. Started out in ice cream, then moved to cashier, and now i'm doing drive-thru.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate anything except number of hours worked per week.

Team Member Interview

Interview

Called local Dairy Queen. Filled out application. Called in by owner for an interview. Basic questions. Availability and experience were discussed. Owner was friendly and seemed like a good employer.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

The DQ I was applying to was barely being built so we would apply at another location. I applied and the next week I got a call. They asked if I wanted to work at DQ and I said I would love to so then they gave me my start date/ orientation day and that was it. No interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations