Dairy Queen

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

1.8

Head Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Only one interview and simple questions such as "Do you have transportation?" and "Can you be reliable and able to work any shift?" questions like that. Very simple employment questions

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncanville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncanville, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

I applied online a few days I called and spoke with the manager he said if I didn't have a position in a week to call him back. I called backed a interview was set up.

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayette, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayette, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2014.

Interview was pretty easy. Questions included future goals, how to handle angry customer, a math question about giving someone change, and how teachers or friends would describe you. The manager was nice enough and it only lasted about 10 minutes or less. I have a second interview scheduled for next week.

Interview Questions
    • What area of yourself could use improvement?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.

Manager Interview

Be capable of taking care of customer satisfaction as well as the crew

Interview Questions
    • When are you available. Be prepared to be available always.   Answer Question

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Normal Questioning about yourself.

Interview Questions
    Flexible hours during school year.

Cashier/Cook Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Came to store to pick up application for an interview, filled it out and got an interview a few months after they said they would interview me. The interview was in the store, very informal, but I still wore a suit and tie. The guy really didn't care what I was saying, and I was not hired. Found out a kid who went to my high school who's GPA was at least 2 points lower than mine got hired. So it's a crap shoot.

Interview Questions
    • He actually used the "what kitchen appliance would you be?" Question. I had to try not to laugh.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

I handed in my application in person and one month later I was called to set up an interview. The interview asked questions like how would your friends describe you, why should we hire you, basic questions like that. The manager said he would call me in 1-2 weeks to tell me if I got the job or not but they called to tell me I got the job just 4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know any history about Dairy Queen?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

Alright! This was my first peek into the job world. I looked over this website to get myself acquainted to some of the possible questions asked to a student like myself. I submitted my app, and just about a week later, i received a call, asking if i was still interested in a position. I went to their DQ office for my scheduled time, and to my surprise, everything went not as i had planned at all. I had expected a one on one sit down interview. I wasn't even questioned at all, i was given a job offer right away!! I thought that was pretty amazing. I took the offer, and my boss gave me a name tag and shirt. I went through training that very same day! It had to be an awesome non traditional experience.

Interview Questions
    • I'm going to offer you the job today, you may accept it or decline it; sometimes this job isn't for everyone, okay?   View Answer
    I basically said yes and my boss gave me all of the necessary things to get me started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in February 2014.

I applied for this job on snagajob.com and the day after I sent my application, I got a call from the manager to come in for an interview. I was hired in the winter of this past year, and I was interviewed with a group of about 5 people. My manager simply told us a VERY brief overview of the job, gave us a list of blizzards to memorize, and told us that we were all hired.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't ask anything difficult, barely asked anything at all.   Answer Question