Dairy Queen Interview Questions

1.8

Service Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in December 2012.

New store, was a franchise type ordeal. The training process was really long. Trained for about 3 weeks. The GM is pretty cool guy. Very laid back interview process. Not that many hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience do you want to leave your customers with working in a fast food restaurant?   Answer Question
    Minimum wage was the standard.

Dairy Queen Blizzard Wizzard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2012.

The interview was really easy.
    They asked me about myself, if i was in college.
    They asked me about my work experience, how long i've worked there.
    what do i like most about working there. They also asked me about
    availability, and what my side work was at my other job.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate wage, since I have cashiering experience they started me off at $8 instead of min. wage which is $7.67 in Florida.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2012.

A family friend works with me and she was the one who was able to get me the job. The interview process was quick and simple as they were in need of employees. Before we even started the interview, I was told I got the job. After, we went through every thing I would need to know just. Like any other job interview would have.

Interview Questions
    • Have you studied our menu and do you know how to make everything?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2012.

The manager just asked to talk about myself, current plan, and how long will i be staying if got hired.
    Then she asked if i have any question for her.

the interview is really easy, except i have hard time connecting with the interviewer because she just stared back at my and taking notes on everything I said without saying anything. I thought that was very boring and dried. I didnt feel like working there anymore when the interview was over.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2011.

Apply on snagajob.com (for my specific location). Takes weeks for GM to respond to applicants, so call and check in with a manager. No "tell sign" if you've been passed over for an interview.

Interview is about 10-15 minutes for crew by GM and about 25-35 minutes for management positions by owner. Basic questions — about yourself, work experience situations, etc. Following an interview, if you weren't offered the job within 48 hours and call in, if the response is that "We'll take a message for our GM, and she'll give you a call if she's interested," you have not likely received the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have examples prepared for how you've handled stressful or intense situations with others.   Answer Question
    During my first term at the store, I had asked for $7.75 as a starting crew member with over 2 years of service under my belt. They said they didn't start crew at $7.75. However, under that management, I received a raise within 6 weeks.

During my second term at the store, I started at a shift-lead salary ($9.00) and worked aggressively and passionately and was able to seek two raises until my leave two years later.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

Saw a job listing that they were hiring so I went in the same day and asked for an application. Filled it out and gave it to one of the cashiers. Got a call a few days later to come to an interview in two days time. Went and the manager was really friendly; we drifted off topic at times and talked about what I wanted to do in life and he would insert his own stories which helped me relax a bit. The manager asked me questions based off of my resume and application and said at the end of the interview that he will talk to the other manager and give me a call but never did.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

The interview went well. Loya was very nice and kept me calm during the initial interview. Although this was only a summer job, i feel that i learned quite a lot from it all. Tahnk you in advance.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2010.

I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.