Dairy Queen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Conway, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2013.

Interview Details – I waited for some time. When the manager came out it was very laid back and formal.

Interview Question – Would I be able to work on a team   Answer Question

Cashier/Hospitality Interview

Cashier/Hospitality

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Basically, my friend (who works at Dairy Queen) told me they were hiring so I went in, filled out an app, and gave my name to the manager. About two weeks later I got a call for an interview. I came in after school on Monday and met one-on-one with the manager. She went over all the basic rules: dress code, hours, job duties, etc. She said if I was hired I should be expecting a call Friday. Well, sure enough, I got the call Friday saying I would be brought onto the team.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? (All of the other questions were extremely easy and could be answered concisely)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted the job because I haven't worked since December and need to start making money some way or another.

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Interview Question – What are three words that describe you?   Answer Question

Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Pretty basic questions for a high school student with no experience.

Interview Question – Just let them know you are a good people person and how much you enjoy working with and communicating with others and you will get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – minimum wage

Very Difficult Interview

Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.

Interview Question – Tell Me About Yourself . . .   View Answer

Crew Leader Interview

Crew Leader
Herminie, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2009.

Interview Details – My location gets a lot of applications, so I'm pretty sure I only got a call because I had a connection. I turned in the application, got a call after about two days to come in for an interview, and was hired on the spot based on my open availability and normal level of intelligence and social skills. I started the following day, and upon walking in, I did feel a sense of community and fun between the crew members.

Interview Question – So you don't have any activities limiting your availability?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Sullivan, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Very typical for interviews. Asked about prior experience, what I hoped to gain by joining the DQ team, what my strengths and weaknesses were.

I thought it was weird I was asked if I possessed reliable transportation. I get that they want to make sure you can make it to work, but if they refused to hire me if I said no, I'd be upset. It's not like I can't figure out a way to get there without a personal vehicle.

Interview Question – "Do you have reliable transportation?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Front Counter Interview

Front Counter
Rathdrum, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2008.

Interview Details – Applied by going to the store. The store was preparing to open, so they had many open positions. They called me to set up an interview. I met with the managers/owners. One liked me, while the other was rude from the beginning. I didn't get hired. A week later, they called to set up another interview. This time there were the same two as before and another manager. The new manager was pleased with my after school clubs. I was hired before I left this interview. Training began a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2012.

Interview Details – A family friend works with me and she was the one who was able to get me the job. The interview process was quick and simple as they were in need of employees. Before we even started the interview, I was told I got the job. After, we went through every thing I would need to know just. Like any other job interview would have.

Interview Question – Have you studied our menu and do you know how to make everything?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2012.

Interview Details – The manager just asked to talk about myself, current plan, and how long will i be staying if got hired.
Then she asked if i have any question for her.

the interview is really easy, except i have hard time connecting with the interviewer because she just stared back at my and taking notes on everything I said without saying anything. I thought that was very boring and dried. I didnt feel like working there anymore when the interview was over.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dairy Queen