Dairy Queen

Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Leader Interview

Crew Leader
Herminie, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2009.

Interview Details – My location gets a lot of applications, so I'm pretty sure I only got a call because I had a connection. I turned in the application, got a call after about two days to come in for an interview, and was hired on the spot based on my open availability and normal level of intelligence and social skills. I started the following day, and upon walking in, I did feel a sense of community and fun between the crew members.

Interview Question – So you don't have any activities limiting your availability?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Sullivan, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – Very typical for interviews. Asked about prior experience, what I hoped to gain by joining the DQ team, what my strengths and weaknesses were.

I thought it was weird I was asked if I possessed reliable transportation. I get that they want to make sure you can make it to work, but if they refused to hire me if I said no, I'd be upset. It's not like I can't figure out a way to get there without a personal vehicle.

Interview Question – "Do you have reliable transportation?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Front Counter Interview

Rathdrum, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2008.

Interview Details – Applied by going to the store. The store was preparing to open, so they had many open positions. They called me to set up an interview. I met with the managers/owners. One liked me, while the other was rude from the beginning. I didn't get hired. A week later, they called to set up another interview. This time there were the same two as before and another manager. The new manager was pleased with my after school clubs. I was hired before I left this interview. Training began a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Food Server Interview

Frederick, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2012.

Interview Details – A family friend works with me and she was the one who was able to get me the job. The interview process was quick and simple as they were in need of employees. Before we even started the interview, I was told I got the job. After, we went through every thing I would need to know just. Like any other job interview would have.

Interview Question – Have you studied our menu and do you know how to make everything?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2012.

Interview Details – The manager just asked to talk about myself, current plan, and how long will i be staying if got hired.
Then she asked if i have any question for her.

the interview is really easy, except i have hard time connecting with the interviewer because she just stared back at my and taking notes on everything I said without saying anything. I thought that was very boring and dried. I didnt feel like working there anymore when the interview was over.

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

Interview Details – Saw a job listing that they were hiring so I went in the same day and asked for an application. Filled it out and gave it to one of the cashiers. Got a call a few days later to come to an interview in two days time. Went and the manager was really friendly; we drifted off topic at times and talked about what I wanted to do in life and he would insert his own stories which helped me relax a bit. The manager asked me questions based off of my resume and application and said at the end of the interview that he will talk to the other manager and give me a call but never did.

Interview Question – "What days are you available to work?"   Answer Question

Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2010.

Interview Details – The manager was very friendly. Asked me simple questions such as: How would your friends describe yourself? How did you handle working with angry customers? Describe good customer service etc... very easy questions. A couple of hours later I got a call back saying I was hired! Key thing is to look sharp, smile and be enthusiastic.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Texarkana, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Treat Designer Interview

Mankato, MN

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2008.

Interview Details – The employer approached me to request me for an interview after I had submitted my application. The interviewer was very genuine and asked very prevalent questions towards what my skills were and how I would be able to benefit the organization as a whole. I accepted the offer and have had great experiences there ever since.

Interview Question – What skills do you posses that would benefit the company?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Maple Grove, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2008.

Interview Details – Very informal. Just sat for a one-on-one interview with a manager who asked a few easy questions. We mostly talked about availability. He then went directly into describing the position, dress code, company policies etc. He helped me with the filling out all the necessary paperwork and I started working the next day.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dairy Queen