Dairy Queen

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Simple interview.. Only really asked how many hours I was willing to work per week and if I had a means of transportation to and from work. I was basically hired on the spot.

Executive Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2013.

My interview was pretty fast and painless. I was there no longer than 10 minutes. It was a little bit confusing though because my interview was at 10:00AM and the door weren't open till 11AM. I had to walk to the back of the building by the dumpsters.

Interview Questions
    • What do you need from me to be successful?
      What is you're biggest weakness?

View Answer
    What were you expecting to be paid?
    $XX/HR
    Well we usually start new hires at $XX/HR but there is plenty of opportunities to advance if you're serious about it.
    I understand and I'm completely thrilled to have this opportunity to join your wonderful company but $XX/HR is really the lowest I can go.
    Well we still have a few more people to interview but I'll give you a call and let you know either way.
    Thank you I appreciate it!

Cashier/Hospitality Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Basically, my friend (who works at Dairy Queen) told me they were hiring so I went in, filled out an app, and gave my name to the manager. About two weeks later I got a call for an interview. I came in after school on Monday and met one-on-one with the manager. She went over all the basic rules: dress code, hours, job duties, etc. She said if I was hired I should be expecting a call Friday. Well, sure enough, I got the call Friday saying I would be brought onto the team.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? (All of the other questions were extremely easy and could be answered concisely)   Answer Question
    I just accepted the job because I haven't worked since December and need to start making money some way or another.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR
    Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2013.

I waited for some time. When the manager came out it was very laid back and formal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Pretty basic questions for a high school student with no experience.

Interview Questions
    • Just let them know you are a good people person and how much you enjoy working with and communicating with others and you will get the job.   Answer Question
    minimum wage

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2013.

Online application followed by a one on one interview. Usual questions that are asked in an interview. Easy if you know how to answer them. Common sense questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Business casual, nothing impressive.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected question if you know the most used interview question.   Answer Question
    I asked a fair pay and was given less.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sullivan, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sullivan, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Very typical for interviews. Asked about prior experience, what I hoped to gain by joining the DQ team, what my strengths and weaknesses were.

I thought it was weird I was asked if I possessed reliable transportation. I get that they want to make sure you can make it to work, but if they refused to hire me if I said no, I'd be upset. It's not like I can't figure out a way to get there without a personal vehicle.

No negotiation

Service Expeditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in December 2012.

New store, was a franchise type ordeal. The training process was really long. Trained for about 3 weeks. The GM is pretty cool guy. Very laid back interview process. Not that many hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • What type of experience do you want to leave your customers with working in a fast food restaurant?   Answer Question
    Minimum wage was the standard.

Dairy Queen Blizzard Wizzard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2012.

The interview was really easy.
    They asked me about myself, if i was in college.
    They asked me about my work experience, how long i've worked there.
    what do i like most about working there. They also asked me about
    availability, and what my side work was at my other job.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate wage, since I have cashiering experience they started me off at $8 instead of min. wage which is $7.67 in Florida.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

I applied at Wetzel Pretzel's and i did the interview there but they sent me to Dairy Queen because they said it was the same company.