Dairy Queen

1.8

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen in August 2011.

I walked into an interview that I thought was one-on-one and ended up getting interviewed by the owner/manager and her husband (who was a cop) it still is rather odd that it happened that way. It lasted only for about ten minutes. They asked me questions like how would your friends describe you? Why should we hire you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

Saw a job listing that they were hiring so I went in the same day and asked for an application. Filled it out and gave it to one of the cashiers. Got a call a few days later to come to an interview in two days time. Went and the manager was really friendly; we drifted off topic at times and talked about what I wanted to do in life and he would insert his own stories which helped me relax a bit. The manager asked me questions based off of my resume and application and said at the end of the interview that he will talk to the other manager and give me a call but never did.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

The interview went well. Loya was very nice and kept me calm during the initial interview. Although this was only a summer job, i feel that i learned quite a lot from it all. Tahnk you in advance.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

It was pretty easy--I applied by walking in and asking for an application. A few weeks later they called and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the shift manager and a few days later they called to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2010.

I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morehead, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morehead, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2010.

very laid back, not difficult to find a job if they are hiring

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in July 2010.

There was no interview process, a friend of mine worked there and when I was looking for a job the owner asked if I wanted to work there. I don't think this place actually ever holds interviews.

There was not a negotiation phase.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2010.

Very easy process. They want upbeat young people who are willing to learn. Incorporate your school experience into your answers if this is your first job or you're a student.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. You start at minimum wage and rarely get a raise unless they promote you to shift leader, and even then it's not that great. Good first job but no room for advancement in pay or position, really.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2010.

The manager was very friendly. Asked me simple questions such as: How would your friends describe yourself? How did you handle working with angry customers? Describe good customer service etc... very easy questions. A couple of hours later I got a call back saying I was hired! Key thing is to look sharp, smile and be enthusiastic.

Presidents Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in March 2010.

I contacted IDQ for the position of Presidents Assistant. They did not have this job title in the past. I was able to "sell" the concept to the Personal Secretary and the president gave the interview to a Vice President. He was cocky and not capable of listening to the concept. He was pushy but personable. He did not respond to my conversation with relavent comments or questions. Rather he Kept telling me how they did it and did not need another position. A possible fact, butthe lack of a two way conversation between us was indicative of the problems the new position would have addressed. A common problem in the DQ franchise system. (DQ I was 10862.)

Interview Questions
    • Since you hate DQ, Why would you want to work for DQ?   View Answer