Dairy Queen Shift Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milford, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in July 2010.

There was no interview process, a friend of mine worked there and when I was looking for a job the owner asked if I wanted to work there. I don't think this place actually ever holds interviews.

There was not a negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lenexa, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2011.

Apply on snagajob.com (for my specific location). Takes weeks for GM to respond to applicants, so call and check in with a manager. No "tell sign" if you've been passed over for an interview.

Interview is about 10-15 minutes for crew by GM and about 25-35 minutes for management positions by owner. Basic questions — about yourself, work experience situations, etc. Following an interview, if you weren't offered the job within 48 hours and call in, if the response is that "We'll take a message for our GM, and she'll give you a call if she's interested," you have not likely received the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have examples prepared for how you've handled stressful or intense situations with others.   Answer Question
    During my first term at the store, I had asked for $7.75 as a starting crew member with over 2 years of service under my belt. They said they didn't start crew at $7.75. However, under that management, I received a raise within 6 weeks.

During my second term at the store, I started at a shift-lead salary ($9.00) and worked aggressively and passionately and was able to seek two raises until my leave two years later.

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!