Dairy Queen

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen in September 2011.

Apply on snagajob.com (for my specific location). Takes weeks for GM to respond to applicants, so call and check in with a manager. No "tell sign" if you've been passed over for an interview.

Interview is about 10-15 minutes for crew by GM and about 25-35 minutes for management positions by owner. Basic questions — about yourself, work experience situations, etc. Following an interview, if you weren't offered the job within 48 hours and call in, if the response is that "We'll take a message for our GM, and she'll give you a call if she's interested," you have not likely received the job.

Interview Questions
  • Have examples prepared for how you've handled stressful or intense situations with others.   Answer Question
During my first term at the store, I had asked for $7.75 as a starting crew member with over 2 years of service under my belt. They said they didn't start crew at $7.75. However, under that management, I received a raise within 6 weeks.

During my second term at the store, I started at a shift-lead salary ($9.00) and worked aggressively and passionately and was able to seek two raises until my leave two years later.

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen in July 2010.

There was no interview process, a friend of mine worked there and when I was looking for a job the owner asked if I wanted to work there. I don't think this place actually ever holds interviews.

There was not a negotiation phase.