Dairy Queen

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Conway, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2013.

Interview Details – I waited for some time. When the manager came out it was very laid back and formal.

Interview Question – Would I be able to work on a team   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

Interview Details – Saw a job listing that they were hiring so I went in the same day and asked for an application. Filled it out and gave it to one of the cashiers. Got a call a few days later to come to an interview in two days time. Went and the manager was really friendly; we drifted off topic at times and talked about what I wanted to do in life and he would insert his own stories which helped me relax a bit. The manager asked me questions based off of my resume and application and said at the end of the interview that he will talk to the other manager and give me a call but never did.

Interview Question – "What days are you available to work?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2010.

Interview Details – The manager was very friendly. Asked me simple questions such as: How would your friends describe yourself? How did you handle working with angry customers? Describe good customer service etc... very easy questions. A couple of hours later I got a call back saying I was hired! Key thing is to look sharp, smile and be enthusiastic.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Texarkana, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Team Member

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview Details – I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Question – What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dairy Queen

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dairy Queen Team Member interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dairy Queen employees and interview candidates.