Dairy Queen Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   View Answer
No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dairy Queen in April 2013.

I waited for some time. When the manager came out it was very laid back and formal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in June 2011.

Saw a job listing that they were hiring so I went in the same day and asked for an application. Filled it out and gave it to one of the cashiers. Got a call a few days later to come to an interview in two days time. Went and the manager was really friendly; we drifted off topic at times and talked about what I wanted to do in life and he would insert his own stories which helped me relax a bit. The manager asked me questions based off of my resume and application and said at the end of the interview that he will talk to the other manager and give me a call but never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2010.

The manager was very friendly. Asked me simple questions such as: How would your friends describe yourself? How did you handle working with angry customers? Describe good customer service etc... very easy questions. A couple of hours later I got a call back saying I was hired! Key thing is to look sharp, smile and be enthusiastic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Texarkana, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texarkana, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen in October 2010.

I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Dairy Queen.

I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!