Dairy Queen Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dairy Queen (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted about a week and a half later by phone. We scheduled the interview for the next day. I met with the manager, who was very polite and professional. The interview itself was short; we discussed my previous work experience and certifications, and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want this job?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dairy Queen

Team Member Interview

Interview

Called local Dairy Queen. Filled out application. Called in by owner for an interview. Basic questions. Availability and experience were discussed. Owner was friendly and seemed like a good employer.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

I was looking at job posting websites when I saw a job opening at Dairy Queen. I submitted an application online, and received a phone call the following Sunday to schedule an interview. I agreed to come in that same Sunday. I was interviewed by a manager who asked me basic questions (do you have a car, any experience, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen in particular?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations- I would be paid minimum wage.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

I was phoned for an interview. It only took one interview, and the interviewer said this would probably be the easiest interview I would ever do. There weren't any difficult questions to answer, just the basic ones like, why do you want to work here, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Conway, AR) in April 2013.

Interview

I waited for some time. When the manager came out it was very laid back and formal.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dairy Queen in May 2012.

Interview

I applied and I got a call back about 2 months later and did the interview. It was fairly quick and I was asked standard interview questions, like why do you want to work here and things like that. I got called back a few days later and I had orientation and then I started work there.

Interview Questions

• It was almost three years ago, but I think I remember being asked why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Saw a job listing that they were hiring so I went in the same day and asked for an application. Filled it out and gave it to one of the cashiers. Got a call a few days later to come to an interview in two days time. Went and the manager was really friendly; we drifted off topic at times and talked about what I wanted to do in life and he would insert his own stories which helped me relax a bit. The manager asked me questions based off of my resume and application and said at the end of the interview that he will talk to the other manager and give me a call but never did.

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Texarkana, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online and did exams regarding my skills in mathematics, spelling, and reading comprehension. I was called and told to come in person and fill out some "additional paperwork." I went there and she gave me paperwork to fill out at any table I wanted. I signed agreements regarding dress code and other policies, filled out other things such as a W-2 form, and then the manager asked to see my driver's license when I handed the papers back to her.. She said I'd be called the next day, but I never was. I suppose I never actually got an interview, though it seemed like I was being hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2010.

Interview

The manager was very friendly. Asked me simple questions such as: How would your friends describe yourself? How did you handle working with angry customers? Describe good customer service etc... very easy questions. A couple of hours later I got a call back saying I was hired! Key thing is to look sharp, smile and be enthusiastic.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dairy Queen.

Interview

I saw an ad on kijiji for a DQ job fair and attended. As I entered the location, I noticed there was a very long line into a single room. I waited for four hours until they finally got to me. When I entered the room, it was set up like American Idol. One long table with three interviewers, and one single chair for me in the middle of the room. Talk about pressure! So I sat down and they ran through a series of typical questions and it was very rushed. I could tell they just wanted to get everyone over with quickly. It lasted about 15 minutes, then I shook each of their hands and left.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from the crowd outside that door?   Answer Question