Daiso Japan Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.8

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Daiso Japan (Chino Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in and asked for an application, turned it into the manager the same day.

I got a call later on in the day to set up an interview three days later.

When I went in for the interview, there were other people. It was an 1:1 interview in a small room. Still very comfortable. Asked very basic and general questions and they said they will call me in at least two weeks.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Daiso Japan.

Interview

Applied online. They called a few days later asking for an interview. There were a few other girls there too. The interviewer was pretty nice. The questions were just kind of basic.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Daiso Japan in March 2015.

Interview

Met one on one with a manager. He asked me some general questions such as my strengths/weaknesses, why did I apply for the job, asked about my other jobs and experience based on my resume, and asked how I'd react in certain scenarios. Then he asked if I had questions of my own. I also mentioned my availability, which he jotted down.

Interview Questions

• 1) If a bunch of kids came in and knocked over items in the store, how would you deal with them?

2) I see you've worked at (company). What did you do?

1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Daiso Japan.

Interview

applied online, got a call, Decent interview at another store, and started working around 2 weeks later.This job is good for first job it is flexible with school and all the co workers are friendly

Floor Staff Interview

Interview

turned application on online, got called like in week, no resume was required at that time because the store was barely building. At the interview they asked me why I want to work there, and mostly question that they already have a answer from application.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions, the interview was about 5 minutes, though it could be vary   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation. Just don't go to Buena park one, its just awful lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Artesia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daiso Japan (Artesia, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I saw an ad for open positions for a Daiso Japan opening in Lakewood, CA on Craigslist. I sent my resume and it took them a week and a half to give me a call for an interview. I scheduled my interview for the following day in the morning. I arrived at the Artesia location and the interview went smoothly. They went over my resume and basically accessed how well I'd fit with the company, such as any previous retail experience, how well you know Daiso's policies and all the basic interview questions. I got hired on the spot and will attend training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Describe how important customer service.
      Suppose a customer wishes to return a product against the store's no return policy, what would you do?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Min. Wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Daiso Japan (Temple City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through craigslist, and got a phone call the same week. Went in to one of their locations and interviewed with a team leader. Interview was pretty straight forward. The leader just wanted to see if your someone who's presentable, and not like a criminal basically. Got a call back the next day to confirm the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more just a screening and not really a job interview. Things like"how long you plan to work here for," "what jobs have you done in the past," "how would you handle a rude customer," and "where do you live, would it be a good commute."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Daiso Japan (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Easy, simple customer service questions. Usually the manager does the interviewing, it's casual. Business casual for interview attire is fine. It's usually a one on one interview depending on how many people are there to show up. Cashiers start at minimum wage, floor staff start at 50cent extra. Also you have a 3 month training period. The manager interviewing and one of the leaders of the store were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service important? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Daiso Japan (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

It's important to fill out the in-store application thoroughly, specifically your availability hours/dates.

After filling out in-store application, manager would call to set up interview date/time. Manager would go through your application/resume, asking basic questions like 'why did you apply to work at the store' and 'what skills/benefits you could bring to the team'. Helps to know about Japanese culture & proficiency in a foreign language practical to store demographic (Spanish, Chinese, etc).

Hires must be 18+ years old, but generally are not older than 35 (unless seeking management position, which usually requires Japanese fluency).

Interview Questions

• Asked about one of the previous job experiences listed on resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered position, but at a different location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Daiso Japan (Temple City, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I saw the Now Hiring sign on the Daiso window and I emailed my resume to the email provided. A hiring manager called me the next day and I was scheduled for an interview the day after that. I was told to bring my resume and the entire interview was basically just looking over my resume, asking me a few easy questions such as past work experiences. Very friendly manager, all around friendly people. I was called the day after my interview and was told I got the job and to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.