Daiso Japan Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2015

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Daiso Japan

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Daiso Japan.

applied online, got a call, Decent interview at another store, and started working around 2 weeks later.This job is good for first job it is flexible with school and all the co workers are friendly

Floor Staff Interview

turned application on online, got called like in week, no resume was required at that time because the store was barely building. At the interview they asked me why I want to work there, and mostly question that they already have a answer from application.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, the interview was about 5 minutes, though it could be vary   Answer Question
    no negotiation. Just don't go to Buena park one, its just awful lol

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Artesia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Artesia, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daiso Japan in July 2014.

I saw an ad for open positions for a Daiso Japan opening in Lakewood, CA on Craigslist. I sent my resume and it took them a week and a half to give me a call for an interview. I scheduled my interview for the following day in the morning. I arrived at the Artesia location and the interview went smoothly. They went over my resume and basically accessed how well I'd fit with the company, such as any previous retail experience, how well you know Daiso's policies and all the basic interview questions. I got hired on the spot and will attend training.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.
      Describe how important customer service.
      Suppose a customer wishes to return a product against the store's no return policy, what would you do?

Answer Question
    Min. Wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Daiso Japan.

It's important to fill out the in-store application thoroughly, specifically your availability hours/dates.

After filling out in-store application, manager would call to set up interview date/time. Manager would go through your application/resume, asking basic questions like 'why did you apply to work at the store' and 'what skills/benefits you could bring to the team'. Helps to know about Japanese culture & proficiency in a foreign language practical to store demographic (Spanish, Chinese, etc).

Hires must be 18+ years old, but generally are not older than 35 (unless seeking management position, which usually requires Japanese fluency).

Interview Questions
    • Asked about one of the previous job experiences listed on resume.   View Answer
    Offered position, but at a different location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Daiso Japan in October 2013.

I saw the Now Hiring sign on the Daiso window and I emailed my resume to the email provided. A hiring manager called me the next day and I was scheduled for an interview the day after that. I was told to bring my resume and the entire interview was basically just looking over my resume, asking me a few easy questions such as past work experiences. Very friendly manager, all around friendly people. I was called the day after my interview and was told I got the job and to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this company?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Daiso Japan in March 2013.

I emailed my resume to their website, and got an email hours later indicating what location I would like to work at. I was scheduled for an interview, and it was a male who was going to meet with me. I wasn't asked any questions at all, he just repeated my resume to me. I didn't get hired.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was trying to understand the male staffing manager.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Daiso Japan in November 2012.

You get called and you are asked what you have accomplished so far, and they tell you this job is for people who are fast dedicated professional because the job is like that but it really isn't.

Retail Assistant Interview

Fairly simple, usual interview questions. Such as Tell me about yourself?, What do you know about Daiso?, Why do you want to work here? What makes a great teamwork?. Pretty much a list of basic interview questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Daiso Japan in October 2009.

Asking simple questions, previous work experience, what I could bring to the company, how I would problem solve.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain to someone an item that doesn't have English on it?   Answer Question